Size of Traitor Legions in the 42nd Millenium

Moonreaper666

I mean, the thing about Chaos is that it's entirely possible to give the "main" formation under the Primarchs and have room for a lot of random warbands of various sizes that don't fall under that umbrella.

The Death Guard codex is pretty 'clear' that there's the legion organisation which is ceremonial and very rarely of any relevence and then the warbands/Vectorums which are a parrelel structure cutting across companies that actually reflects the formations plague marines fight under.

Plus, what's anyone gonna do if a warband doesn't follow the "standard" organization? Mortarion's got better things to do than hunt down 20 Plague Marines that don't call themselves a Vectorum.

...although I could imagine that there's one really anal-retentive (pun somewhat intended) Tallyman out there throwing a tantrum that the warband he fought alongside is doing things differently, and when he finds them again they'll be sorry, you'll see, he'll teach them to mock his handwriting.

All of them are but gnats when compared to the might of the Blood Gorgons

Do those guys even exist anymore? I could have sworn they were just written out of canon because the author who created them was found to have plagiarized a lot of his work for Black Library.....

That whole story was so bizarre. I mean, it's one thing to make your work homages, or lift wholesale your ideas from other places.  I mean, Dan Abnett's made an entire career out of it.  But Zou didn't even try to conceal what he was lifting, keeping exact names and almost structurally identical sentences.

Hell, GW as a whole does it.

I'd heard he had plagiarized, but where was he taking his stuff from?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298440-strong-and-weak-points-of-bl-authors/?do=findComment&comment=3845366

House to House, a book about the 2nd Iraq War.