4 Armed Emperor 1750

major higgins

Hi multiple-armed brothers...

In submitting my list I pointed out that we palyed only for fun and not with competitive list. We played mostly according to BG and for fluff, but with a grain of salt too. I decided for the 4 armed emperor and so I planned my list according with their strategy of undergound assault with some support. Just one Patriarc and no mixing creeds.

This is the list:

BRIGADE (12 + 3 Pt)

HQ

Patriarc  

Magus  

Accolyte Iconward

ELITE

Clamavus 

Locus 

Kelemorph 

Nexos 

TROOPS

15 Accolyte Hybrids + 4 Rock Saw + Icon 

10 Accolyte Hybrids + 3 Rock Saw + Icon 

10 Accolyte Hybrids + 3 Rock Saw + Icon

9 Accolyte Hybrids + 9 Hand Flamers 

10 Brood Brothers 

10 Brood Brothers 

10 Brood Brothers 

FAST

6 Atalan Jakals Shotgun/Knives  OR 4 Jakals Shotgun/Knives + Quand with Incinerator

6 Atalan Jakals Shotgun/Knives  OR 4 Jakals Shotgun/Knives + Quand with Incinerator

HEAVY

3 Mortars 

3 Mortars 

3 Mortars 

BATALION (5 CP)

HQ

Jakal Alphus 

Primus 

TROOP

10 Neophyte Autogun + 2 Grenade L + 2 H. Stubber 

10 Neophyte Autogun + 2 Grenade L + 2 H. Stubber 

17 Neophyte Shotgun + Icon + 2 Grenade L. + Power Maul 

Usually I use the BB to babysit objectives in my deploy, Neophyte to grab objectves in the mid table, or to absorb defensive fire/engulf enemy tank. I use the flamer squad and mortars to clear the way to assault and the rest is pretty obvious. Jakals in the first option are squad to distract/Grab objectives early in the game (especially in maelstrom) and now to try the new stratagems to re-roll wounds. The second configuration is intended to open the way with the Incinerator.

One of my first dubt: is it better to drop a squad of Brood Brothers for 3 more Jakals, or to bost one squad with Democharges?

Another interesting option could be to drop the batalion for an outriders detachment with alphus and 3 big squads of bike such as:

Alphus Jakals

7 bikes + Quad with Stubber 

7 Bikes + Quad with Stubber

8 Bikes + 4 Democharges + Quad with Stubber Obviously here quad is only to absorb wounds before take out the bikes...

What do you think?? Suggestions??

• 2 weeks later...

I havent been using my Jackals as much since the demo charges point costs went up, but i think they are still a good candidate for Lying in Wait + Extra explosives strats.

I always want Wolfquads but i find them expensive for what they do.

Lately my demo charges have been allocated to my flamer Acolytes (cheaper and already paying for Lying in Wait) so they are a dual duty unit.

Rusted Claw bikers do demos the best with Drive By Demos tho this is costly in CP.

So suggestion wise - yes still load up demos on a squad (Acos or Jackals) for bombing.

-You could streamline your Rock Saw Acolytes into two squads with the same amount of saws but save on one less Icon. Also gives you more bodies in a squad to trail back to stay in range of character auras. Helps maximize buffs too.