Warhead01's Imperial Guard - Fredonian Assault Corps.

Warhead01

Update.

Super excited and jammed these two out as test monkeys. Haven't really painted in probably 7 months or something. Turned out better than expected, still a ways to go.
Not sure about the green coats. Mostly chosen as a way to help show just what's going on.
med_gallery_3442_16212_228374.jpg
I'll work on taking better pictures, the lighting's weird at my table some times.
Next up is a black wash and a few more colors and clean up.

I think the scale is fine, just dont try using their smaller frame in battle to cheese your opponents and I don't think anyone will have an issue. :smile.:

I'm really pleased with these mini's. a little thinish but tall enough. Cheese haha. Ya. Not really an issue. 

Update.

4 more sculpted up and drying.  So far my goal is only 2 a day but things are moving along and I expect things will get faster the more of these I do. 

Oh, and the first two got washed down with a dark brow pain wash much like I do on my Orks. turned out just right. 

Update.

4 more troopers sanding up.
gallery_3442_16212_19269.jpgI have a lot of improvement to do on the next ones, fingers crossed. Not thrilled with the "fat faced" gas masks. Not sure just how that happened to begin with. So while it doesn't look amazing is is kinda grim dark in that it's all apparently hand me down issue. Being guardsmen will it hurt his marksmanship? doesn't matter in a bayonet charge I guess.
Go gettum lads!

I guess I need to work on my green stuff mix a little more. I had been sculpting mushing these together before attaching the heads, maybe I should stick the heads on first?
I'll try than for the next batch.

The war efforts continue.

Agreed about the shoes. And it can't be unseen.

edit
I did just have a thought I may try a little later. 
Might be able to put plastcard under the feet, longer than each foot. and green stuff a toe cap in the front. This will add a little height as well as length and bulk.

I may have seen that done with orks some where before. 

Edited by Warhead01

Cool stuff warhead. I really love your original green stuff WWI style gasmasks and helmets. You totally captured the WWI vibe with those. definitely like the new style as well with your new minis. I think the skull mask part could be a bit thinner (they don't look bad just my opinion), but overall looks good to me. The scale looks fine to me. I do agree about the shoes though lol. If not pointed out I might have missed it but now I cannot unsee them. Perhaps just bulk them out with greenstuff?

Good job overall though very cool looking. 

Update.
Finally got one right.

Lucky number 7. 7th soldier.

gallery_3442_16212_182180.jpg
# more with chest plates done. Have to clip arms ect and will get back to it.
Super happy with finally getting some clean progress. the first 6 look clown shoes by comparison. Progress!

Spent a lot of time looking for artillery. I decided to go with some Bolt Action early war French miniatures, which I found at a small discount. These are metal models couldn't find them in plastic. I ordered 3 mortar teams ans 2 105's. I think each comes with 4 crewmen so I will have a little extra for something else. I don't know if i will use the artillery from the sets or not but crew seem harder to find than big guns are. 
will update on that down the road. 
My order of 25MM round bases may be at the post office will check either later today or later this week. 
I'm going to look for 1/56 scale artillery crews for bitz I might be able to us for swaps. No luck yet but I keep finding stuff I hadn't found the day before, lots and lots of digging to do. 
Nearly "finished" with my last 4 troopers from my first squad. Looking at the Vitrix boxes there are 2 models per frame that I don't expect to use as they are officers with different enough uniforms and molds that I just don't expect to get any use out of them. Still that's like 54 models in each box I am able to use, so far. 

I have some of Warlords Early War French artilery. Actually I have about 1000 points I still need to finish painting some day. You're correct on the amount of crewmen that comes with the Artillery. Also they sell three crewmen separate on Warlords website. you can get crewman holding shell, crewman with binoculars, and crewman sighting gun. :smile.:

Can't wait to see what you do with them. :thumbsup:

I have some of Warlords Early War French artilery. Actually I have about 1000 points I still need to finish painting some day. You're correct on the amount of crewmen that comes with the Artillery. Also they sell three crewmen separate on Warlords website. you can get crewman holding shell, crewman with binoculars, and crewman sighting gun. :smile.:

Can't wait to see what you do with them. :thumbsup:

I think it's going to be a long road for the artillery crews. I looked and can't seem to find the crews on warlord games. I see where they have a components listing but there were none to be had...  Not complaining I'll scoop up what I can as I can.   One thing Bolt action and warlord games has that I really like are the ruined buildings terrain sets. 

I keep thinking about building new terrain, something reminiscent for 2nd edition terrain.  Once upon a time I build a Bastion much like the one displayed in one of the 40K rule books.

something kinda fun.

.med_gallery_3442_16212_146330.jpg
Might color it in. Just goofing around this evening. Lots of models prepped and 20+ not have green stuff chest plates. It's going quite fast. Hope to have all the models I can use this far along very soon at this pace. Good progress today.

Update.

Yesterday was a full day of painting and building models. I woke up to a thunderstorm around 0500 and was painting before 0600, over coffee.
Activity ceased at about 2200-ish after putting both the primer and grey base coat on models I had built during the day.
13 painted 16 built ect.
gallery_3442_16212_247562.jpg

I've been in "art mode" all week. Having completed another hand full of pictures for my brothers D&D game as well as all of these for myself.
I really enjoy being "in the zone" but today my hands are killing me and I only expect to paint just a little but if I can manage I think finishing the assembly of the last few models I didn't get to yesterday might be a better use of my time. only 10 more to build.

By the time I stopped building models last night I found I just couldn't get the green stuff to stick to the models but thankfully had only a little bit set up to use. I have been activly trying to prevent waste. I got these tubes from P3 so many years ago I don't remember when. The two big tubes they used to sell.
Looks like there are at most 12 models in each kit I won't be able to use, no bad that's still 48 out of 60
These hard plastic models can be irritating. I did snap off a rifle in half just trying to clip it from the frame and a pom-pom (?) from the top of a hat. Might be able to fix those but it's not a priority.
My artillery arrived super fast and have to order 3 60MM bases for the mortars and might look for an oval for the larger artillery. No rush on these I really want to get the second infantry box complete due to the number of models and work involved. Best to get the difficult stuff taken care of before I feel bogged down. Well I may reward myself with painting some of the artillery gunners when I reach 60 infantry and again at 90. If things drag out. My warchest took a small hit so things will again slow. Maybe.

Update.
Excellent news! This 26 are done enough, same level of completeness as the other 23. Huzzah!
I'm going to press on this week and see how many more I can get at least ready for pain or further along. Minimum goal is 11
41 if I can manage it. Not going to stress about it. Just need to get organized and it'll come together.

med_gallery_3442_16212_66512.jpg

I know, my table is a wreck.

gallery_3442_16212_179593.jpg

If your wondering these were painted mostly with craft paint for the coats and base coats and primer, an English green for the jacket. Using Led belcher for the rifles, Ger. Fieldgrey, Black fir the pants, hat brim and chest plate and Pearlized white and florescent red for the eyes. a wash of black paint followed by a wash of dark brown. I do touch up a few spots after the back wash. Over all it's quick and easy. Once all the mini's are to this level I will texture and paint the bases in one go so everything matches. I have other small details on the back burner that I am still thinking about, unit numbers/markings. I'm still thinking bout an extra color as well, for the uniform trim and pom-poms. Possibly a blue or a light grey.
I'll also see about a picture of all 49 of them together in one shot. Need to set something up for that.

Update.
A junior officer.
med_gallery_3442_16212_120947.jpg
This makes 50 models from the kit. I may have one more body in there like this that I can use but have to check. I keep thinking I may actually be up to 51 mini's but have to double check. doesn't really matter. The goal is the same reach 60 infantrymen and press on to 90. I just need a day with nothing going on to bang out the chestplates to get things going. My pile of head is down to 11 or so form my last batch of gas masks. Enough to reach my first goal.
I ordered a Char 2c to use as a Malcador tank. I found it at a very competitive price. I am thinking about some work I will want to do to it to make it look just a little more like a Malcador.
easy to say that if it goes well I will want another but first things first.
Building the Junior officer has shown me that I need to find a kit with compatible pistols ans swords. Hopefully the Cavalry sets I am planing to buy will have some left over bits. Napoleonic Calvary kits seem all over the place as fashion seemed to keep changing. But well see. As long as the end result is brutal I'll be pleased.
I think I'll start priming my mortar teams today, I'll mount them on the bases they come with for now. It's in the 40 to 50 MM range, smaller than the Gw heavy weapons team bases. (Which I am not really a fan of. some times they just look too large.)
With luck I'll have a good idea for the Knight I bought a month ago which was started but stalled out. Need to decide on colors. was thinking green but that's right out now due to the green jackets. It'll happen when I stop thinking about it. :teehee:

Edited by Warhead01

The infantry is looking great. Got that creepy vibe not being able to see their faces. :)

Mortars are fun(well in the game I play not sure about 40k) and iconic. I'm going to need some for my army at some point.

As a tank fan I can't wait to see what you do with the Char 2C. :tu:

No stopping this crazy train.
I've managed to put gas masks on the mortar/ artillery crewmen.
No other real progress.
Did goof around with this guy. An Imperial adviser, Accountant or other.
med_gallery_3442_16212_66031.jpg

Not sure about the inner collar, wanted to create a glow effect where the light splashes upward onto his face but it may not stay that way.

Seen here scolding an artillery officer. recently promoted?

med_gallery_3442_16212_144590.jpg

No mask for this guy yet. Trying to figure a few things out. He may get his head partly lopped off for a hat. Maybe.He also needs a sword and possibly a chest plate. May try to have his mask hanging around his neck. I figure the masks may also provide a stimulant in gas form on top of protection from ...gas.
It'll work it self out.

Oh nice that's an inquisitional astropath very rare oop mini. love the glowing collar idea will you try to make the eyes match the glow?

I've had this guy on a shelf for years. I noticed him already primed, I think a few years ago I had planned to repaint him. 

Yep, he's metal too. 

Don't know about the eyes. He seems to have a solid visor covering them.  Almost seems like it is connected to the device with the two circles on it. ? 

He's not finished yet, he might get something. 

Thw army is really starting to come along :smile.:

Thanks! I'm amazed at how quickly this thing is coming together. 

50 models in 14 days.  So far! 

Update.

The Smoker. wip.

med_gallery_3442_16212_178240.jpg

small bit of progress today. Lobster plate a holster and a gas mask, crudely done. :biggrin.:
wish I had a sword for him.

Artillery guys primed black.

Looking at the different Malcador tanks the defender looks like the strongest choice. Hope they update those tanks a little at some point the rules are little light.
The war efforts continue

I had to get that guy painted last night.
After taking the picture I posted above I was looking at his gas mask and thought it looked too chunky, too large. I also trimmed the width off the holster as well.
I was able to trim it down just bit and I think that's a huge improvement.

And now with paint. The smoking artillery officer.

med_gallery_3442_16212_27922.jpg med_gallery_3442_16212_84998.jpg