Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhead01's Imperial Guard - Vitrix levy. phase 1

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Update.

I managed to get the squad leader painted just now.
med_gallery_3442_16212_176434.jpg  med_gallery_3442_16212_268993.jpg
Again, craft paints mostly. Two dark blues a medium grey a black then brown then black again wash.  Dark brown then medium grey drybrush on hat followed by the mentioned washes. 
More or less the same as the conscripts chronologically. I did try to add a medium grey highlight on the coat exterior. Kinda like it. May give it one more brown wash, not in a rush to do that now. Need to paint the rest of the squad. Pleased so far.

And just for fun.

The INQ28-ovission

gallery_3442_16212_1351.jpg

gallery_3442_16212_33118.jpg

Really like the Grognards more than the Raumjagers kits. Brain working the second, may put more time into those to bring them in line with everything else. 
Could easily ditch the Raumjagers for the ww1 germans at this point but I am worried I am just looking for justification to enable me to order that kit.whistling.gif 

The struggle is real! msn-wink.gif

The war efforts continue.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

The squad is nearly done, 2 more washes and dot the eyes twice and that's it! 
Should be starting the next one very soon and hopefully the green stuff will be a lot better this next go round. Lots of learning going on. 

• duz_ likes this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

Update.

Hoho! The first Friedonian death squad (storm troopers) is picture ready! 
Started building and green stuff work on the next batch last night. 

med_gallery_3442_16212_82977.jpg

gallery_3442_16212_113257.jpg

And INQ28-ovission 

gallery_3442_16212_124637.jpgThey came a liberators and left as heroes. Hail Hail Fredonia!  famed battle cry. 

Edited by Warhead01, 24 May 2020 - 05:14 PM.

• Kriegsmacht and duz_ like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

Half way through the next squad of *Storm troopers. Ordered another box and 30 more entrenching tools today. Staggering my orders to carry me over to the next incoming order, don't want to just sit and wait with nothing to work on. 
Trying to plan out when to buy the cavalry model they may take 2 or more weeks to arrive. I guess I'll order them after the first and see what from what late arrivals show up next month before ordering anything else, hopefully. Stil excited about the WW1 germans kit but it doesn't have a definite release date that I have seen, just slated for next month. 

My good friend may be buying my AoS army. Hopefully, it's be good for me and they will be going to a good home and actually see a gaming table, unlike now. 

* Storm troopers or just cool Guardsmen. who knows.

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

Update.

squad finished.

med_gallery_3442_16212_34912.jpg

• Kriegsmacht, WarriorFish, walter h and 3 others like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

Super weird afternoon.
My other friends are trying to talk me into starting Bolt Action. One friend sends me a link to an online store he like. That shop has wonderfully low prices but is said to be a little slow. 
However, and here's where it gets relevant. The have Victrix French Lancers! 24 bucks a box! (Planning on 3 boxes) that's a massive savings and are based in the US which will help with the shipping costs if not the shipping time. It's a massive savings. 
Will be ordering sooner than later for that price. Should still be able to order the Germans!  

Oh, and I've been watching a lot of the Great War and the last one I watched was talking about flying tactics and...Now I am thinking about biplanes. If I can find them large enough/ long enough. Only 3 though, or whats a full detachment 5 or 6? depends on what i can find and the costs. Slated for November December... 

Putting Primer on my Char 2c , the one that's too small. 

I need to remember White glue and super glue next time I'm out. 

• Kriegsmacht and snorkle like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

Hoho! it's going to be a good weekend! the next box of fearless fighting Freedonians will be arriving on Saturday! Unless they arrive earlier. 

• walter h likes this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,506 posts

Update.

I contacted the online shop with the discounted Victrix Cavalry and got a quick reply. Ordered 3 boxes this morning. that'll be the full 36. for the Death Riders Command, ride master and Commissar. Super good price even at 12 bucks shipping the price is a huge savings. 

I'll need more green stuff my tubes are finally running out. I have some other stuff I may try but wanted to wait and try it on the Tanks, when they arrive. 
Should have enough left for the next 20 Grognards. 
I feel like I am over spending on this project but still some how making my savings goals... super weird. I should hear back from my friend about the AoS army sale, one way or the other, next week. He either buys it or not. He wants Giants for AoS but also Orcs. H has trouble making up his mind. He's always starting new projects. Fingers crossed. haha Hope we get the war funds. 
I've built the Bolt Action Char 2c and nearly have it painted. Looks way bigger with paint. Still too small. I'm going to mock up my armour plates for the larger tanks ahead of time, if I get around to it. Having a predesigned template is probably the smart thing to do. so we'll see if the brain cells fire in unison or not.
I think I can squeak in the box of WW1 Germans this month. Hadn't planned on the Cavalry so my boxes are out of order but there may be a few weeks wait time..  
See I can justify just about anything.sweat.gif 

Oh, admin note. 
The current Avatar is this man, August Von Makensen. 
I found him fairly interesting as a Calvery commander who modernized horse Cav for WW1, which was believed to be obsolete.
Funny enough it was more an introduction of combined arms units more than anything else and had the rest of the powers been paying attention things may have changed early on. (My own speculation based on the positive results of combined arms engagements later in the war.)  Very basically he supported the Cav with trucks full of guys and artillery. Easily done in 40K. All of this being such basic ideas in this modern era. 
That said Chimeras will be, at some point, introduced to my collection. Hope I stop at 4 or 5. Must keep the size of this collection manageable..... whistling.gif 

Edited by Warhead01, 30 May 2020 - 11:59 PM.

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users