'Eavy Contrast - Sacred Rose (Sisters of Battle)

JH.Miniatures

New Sisters of Battle Eavy Contrast video!

This time how to paint The Order of the Sacred Rose! This one was great fun, I always love to paint faces and the lighting effect was a fun little addition.

As always everything is Contrast Paints and extra Highlights.

Hope you guys like it!

That's a gorgeous end result on that model-- painting white has always seemed daunting to me (and I'm sure many other painters too), but your heavy contrast method makes it look easier/less daunting.

Any tips for doing purple cloth similar to the technique used on the red featured here?

That's a gorgeous end result on that model-- painting white has always seemed daunting to me (and I'm sure many other painters too), but your heavy contrast method makes it look easier/less daunting.

Any tips for doing purple cloth similar to the technique used on the red featured here?

Thanks!

I'm working on a good Contrast recipe for purple but nothing yet. For a good purple I love this:

- Naggaroth Night

- Xereus Purple

- Genestealer Purple

- 1:1 Genestealer and Screaming Skull

Hope that helps!

Really helpful video which shows the strengths of contrast paint.

I have a couple of questions - do you use contrast medium to thin the contrast paint or is it straight from the pot? Also do you have a favourite brand of paint brushes? The ones in the video looked to have a good body for holding plenty of paint.

If I don't say it in the video it's always straight out of the pot.

As for brushes I use several brands depending on the mood, in the video I used

W&N series 7 Size 2

Rosemary and Co Series 33 sizes 2 and 1

Hope that helps and thanks for watching!

Fantastic video! Love that paintscheme and the way you explain it and make it look so simple. Also really like the subtle differrence between the warm whites of the cloth/leather and cold whites of the armour.

Thanks! I just tried to copy as close as possible the one in the book. I'm really glad you found it easy to follow, iWork quite hard to simplify and streamline the tutorials as much as possible