Strike Force Hermanista

hermanista

So after many years of hiatus and playing as giant robots, I've returned to my first love; Dark Angels.

Going something completely different to the 5/6 model mono knight army I've been playing and gonna be roughly running the following.

Spearhead

Sammael in Sableclaw

Talonmaster

2x Rapier Quad Launchers

3x Castellan Whirlwinds

Vanguard

Chaplain with Jump pack and power fist, Fury of The Lion, Mantra of Strength, Master Crafted Weapon

3x Flamer Invictors

Relic Deredeo with Pavaise and Plasma Cannonade

Eliminator squad

Airwing

3x Nephilum Jetfighters

Plenty to buy, build and paint yet, but hoping to get it table worthy asap, with a view of using it for a get together in April if I can make it.

Grey basecoats have started to go on to some of the bits that are done, the lass is at a gig on Friday night so I might get some airbrushing time.

GKMSgdF.jpg

Uu60Kyp.jpg

oqr8bC6.jpg

WgzlxWF.jpg

Chris

Edited by hermanista

Not a fan of friends then?

Not particularly ;)

However I live in an area that doesn't have a gaming scene, so my gaming is sporadic tournaments and not a regular games night.

After 3 years of solid mid-tier pure knights gaming, stepping it up a bit to compete in the tournament setting.

Edited by hermanista

Morning!

I've got a day...

The boy is at his nana's

That means bar some housework I get to do some painting for the first time since Christmas in fact.

Just a bit of preshading so far today, kitchen tidying time now and then some finer detail shading and highlights before the base coat goes on.

fo4Uzro.jpg

Nice to feel a bit productive though

@Fierce Bear

Cheers, I'm quite happy with the progress so far, it could be quite a quick turn around on the army to get it on the table.

@Sneakybamsen

Cheers buddy!

Very different style of army to my knights, but the plan is to base them all to match the knights. It should make the green pop nicely against the red ochre bases, but also mean that they can be played alongside each other in battle and fit nicely.

Speaking of which, 24 hours of drying later and I've learned that photographing green in the evening is a pain in the arse!

But nevertheless, some picks of one of the Invictors.

a4dWIxa.jpg

DDHtc85.jpg

dkLM0tW.jpg

Z0ghCIe.jpg

Need to block in all the other colours before starting highlights, but in the mean time onto building four shiny flyers.

Slight mod of my competitive list I think with today's errata/FAQ. Still pretty happy with it really.

Airwing

3x Nephilum

Vanguard

Sammael in Sableclaw

3x Eliminators

3x Flamer Invictor

Spearhead

Talonmaster with Mobility and Corvus Occular

Ravenwing Apothecary with -1 Inv and doctrine trait

8x Black Knights

2x Castellan Whirlwind

1x Vengeance Whirlwind

2000/2000

Lot of potential there for some aggressive play

So last night the wife went to a gig with my sister, the boy went to bed at 7pm and I had a bit of time for actual painting!

I started on the highlights but now that it's better light I've decided I went a bit far with the moot green highlight.

There needs to be less of it so will darken that back down in sections with warp stone glow and tidy up from there.

Not too bad though I don't think, what do you reckon?

QQUmH0E.jpg

RfJUO9B.jpg

5VucADJ.jpg

• 5 months later...

How do.

So after months of absence from the Rock, lost in the Warp, I have returned to the spiritual home of the chapter.

Not with Dark Angels however...

In the last few months the planned dark angels morphed into members of the Raptor chapter of space marines and coming towards the end of that small 1000 point force I've started looking at next projects.

With the coming of indomitus I wanted to do something with them, but didn't fancy another green army for now.

Step forward the Angels of Absolution!

Only a small start for now, and whilst I have a AoA "Ravenwing" army in mind I'll a bit loose on what I'm going to build and hopefully paint for them.

Currently I've built up a Primarisised Moddren, Castellan-Master of the Angels of Absolution, and started on the Black Knight ancient/champion/apothecary - AoA don't have a name for their second company like their primogenitors.

Moddren is converted from the Indomitus Chaplain, whilst the bikers are wip outriders than need plasma talons adding along with stowage and cleanup. My plan for them is to keep the riders the bone colour of the chapter, whilst the bikers themselves keep the black of the Ravenwing.

Pale riders of black steeds should hopefully look cooler, but also force me to get better painting black.

Anyway, enough chat, couple of pictures for now.

ZE0JPlF.jpg

7sgxiYv.jpg

yo7Mh1l.jpg