Hellbrute heads on CSM?

SmiteThemAll

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a head for my chaos lord, he's a little bigger than a standard marine as I'm using the legs from Khorgus Khul and a possessed torso.

I'm looking at the hell brute heads and wondering are they are size compatible ?

I love the bloated brain sort of look.

What you guys think?

I think size wise they are likely okay, especially if your model is a bit bigger than normal.  If you already have a hellbrute, you should have some extra heads that you can compare to your target model to figure out if the size is correct.

That said, I would think that a hellbrute head would be difficult to convert, as its really only the front third of a head and then it flares perpendicular to the head to hide the rest of the hole on the hellbrute.  So, if you want to use one, you would likely need to remove the "flare" and then build a new rear 2/3 of the head.  I'll try to take a picture tonight to better show what I mean.

Not that it couldn't work, just that it will be a lot of work.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I think size wise they are likely okay, especially if your model is a bit bigger than normal.  If you already have a hellbrute, you should have some extra heads that you can compare to your target model to figure out if the size is correct.

That said, I would think that a hellbrute head would be difficult to convert, as its really only the front third of a head and then it flares perpendicular to the head to hide the rest of the hole on the hellbrute.  So, if you want to use one, you would likely need to remove the "flare" and then build a new rear 2/3 of the head.  I'll try to take a picture tonight to better show what I mean.

Not that it couldn't work, just that it will be a lot of work.

Hrmm thats interesting maybe I'll go a different route then, i quite like some of the Varanguard heads. Cheers for the reply Dr.

Okay, they flare less than I had remembered, but definitely have cabling and such running along their sides and are oddly shaped - I'm pretty sure I was thinking of the dark vengence hellbrute head.  Here are some reference pictures of the heads from the hellbrute kit (sorry for the poor quality):

qm326Sz.jpg

vcuSezC.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui