3000 DA Ironwing

Enurta

Looking for inputs to possible improvements. Been using this list for a couple games with good success. Group counts Super Heavy Tanks as tanks.

Ironwing 3000

Legiones Astartes

Praetor: Rite of War (Ironwing Protocol); bolt pistol; Terranic greatsword (master-crafted); melta bombs; iron halo 160

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist); 9 Tactical Space Marines 150

Rhino: pintle-mounted multi-melta 50

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist); 9 Tactical Space Marines 150

9 Tactical Support Marines: Tactical Support Sergeant (remove plasma gun; bolter & augury scanner; melta bombs); 8 Tactical Support Marines; plasma guns 285

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon

Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought: Dreadnought chainfist (plasma blaster); Dreadnought close combat weapon (plasma blaster); extra armour 190

Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought: Dreadnought chainfist (graviton gun); Dreadnought close combat weapon (graviton gun); extra armour 180

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought: 2 Kheres pattern assault cannons 180

Sabre Strike Tank Squadron

Sabre Strike Tank: hull-mounted volkite culverin 80

Sabre Strike Tank: hull-mounted volkite culverin 80

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought: Arachnus pattern heavy lascannon battery; torso-mounted twin-linked heavy bolter (molecular acid shells); 4 Boreas air defence missiles 264

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank: turret-mounted twin Arcus launcher (Skyspear warheads) 220

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron

Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array 130

Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array 130

Glaive Super-heavy Special Weapons Tank: Armoured Ceramite 650

2,999 points

• 2 weeks later...
Was looking to see other people’s opinions. Never know if something was missed. Coming from playing Mechanicum it’s hard to see if something is a little too WAAC sometimes. Ended up tabling some people before which kinda made me wonder if it was too strong.

Talk to your local gaming group, but Superheavies don't have the (Tank) subtype anymore (they did in 6th iirc, but lost it in 7th and still don't have it in the current ruleset), so your list technically needs more tanks. Easiest solution if people won't accept that a unit with Tank in the title should count as a Tank is to make room for another Sabre (3 units of 1). I'd probably do it by cutting out some plasma marines, as I suspect they're all going to be dead before they do anything anyways since they're such an obvious target.

I'm aware that they don't currently have tank, but we are playing as they do. If someone wants to press the issue I just change the Mortis to a Cortus and split the sabres. Not losing much besides the Helical Targeting Array and BS5 on Mortis and Sabres. Already, have two sources of anti-air.  I do agree that the Plasma support squad is a prime target for destruction, but I do like bringing some plasma in a DA list. They would have to be replaced by another source of scoring as 3 is bare min I would like to bring to a game. Was thinking of dropping a melee Dread, swapping the Mortis to a Cortus and I could fit in a 10man Flamer squad for additional scoring.