Nemiel's Guardians of the Covenant

ChaplainNemiel

Very nice. I really like the red robes and the bases are perfect.

Your story is similar to mine. My first army was DA in 2nd ed. Sold it before 3rd came out. After 3rd. Got a healthy greenwing, ravenwing and deathwing. Had them until 6th ed when our dexs turned to poo. All chapters got our toys and lots of our special rules. Put my greenwing up for sale in a glass case at store. Owner thought I picked them up about a month later and discovered they walked out the door. They were found about a year later when a new player came around the store, he bought them from someone else we didn't know. Anyhow..sold ravenwing a few years back but still have and always will, my deathwing.

Good to see yours.

Man...Your story legitimately sounds identical. I had a large multi-wing army most of which was to be sold.

I wanted some of the profits to go to the local store so I dropped off the force there. We had not found any sellers but if we couldn't find anyone I'd just take it back.

I don't know what happened during that time but the warp must of claimed the whole group and nobody knew where the army went (up to 50 DA vets, 3x attack bikes, 2 or 3 Rhino's, 12 RW bikers...Everything robed and with the special bases (except the attack bikes). 

I kept all of my Deathwing and the unique RW units like flyer, DS, speeders and BK's. 

It is certainly a regret to ever consider giving up on those veteran marines after putting in so much work. 

I acknowledge that RW was always the better part of our force but I always did have trouble getting behind space motorcycles. :teehee:

Ahh the tragic tales of lost forces

Really like the feel of them and the toned down blood red of the robes is really nice. Lol at the 'inspired' maces - I would suggest using your blue power field effect (LC & PF) on them, it looks great and keeps all the high impact weapons consistent throughout the army.

Good to see other successors getting some love.

Good suggestion...I originally had the blue but I didn't have the right technique yet at the time so I wanted to try something different. I might re-do the maces up this weekend back in the improve blue technique. 

Here's what I have left.

I do have Azrael and a few other character models but that's it.

Mate looks you have some painting to do!! 

That's a least still a mighty DW force with lots of knights. I've been tempted to try out my LRC again, I'm wondering if pairing that with a dark shroud would be a decent tactic. 

In fact, I'm wondering if a Dark Shroud is a great tool for any DW heavy list. First to hide behind the Land Raider and then it can advance up to support deep striking terminators. 

Second Squad done.
One more and I can finally field a legit "battalion" again. 

yUsT9U5l.jpg

vgKj4hVl.jpg

naaa1sAl.jpg

Also...Perhaps you've noticed the blue powerfield maces are back - a little less aroused. 

oWWI1e1l.jpg

----

And.... I found some old pictures of my lost force. You can imagine there is a slight inner pain while I'm re-doing these models.

3L3krdrl.jpg

Edited by ChaplainNemiel

thanks brutha. 

the robed tacticals/veteran kits is what really got me into DA in the first place.

The one positive aspect of losing all my units is during my current painting - I'm starting fresh after many years of practice and knowing in advance how to properly paint them in my style.

Some of those early kits went through years of trial and error..I'm talking about layers of shading where I didn't know I had to shake the nuln oil and agrax earth shade in advance :blush.:

They were atrocious. 

I know that eventually I'll have to move to Primaris and hopefully by then there will custom DA kits/veterans... I'm thinking I'll still want to use these original vet helmets and the Kromlech robed bodies which seem to be equal to Primaris size...

I would certainly miss the classic bolter! 

Nice work! (Force weapon looks great!)

Shame those guys have disappeared (warpstorm?) I've been searching for things I have photos of but still haven't turned up yet.. on the plus side at least some other things are resurfacing in the hunt.

Good you're seeing it as a positive step to improvement! Clearly paying off, it's a solid looking force

looks like I was meant to have a Talon Master...I noticed a while back that one of my landspeeders had a magnet at the bottom...In addition I found the double assault cannon with the proper magnet in my bits - the original owner of this land speeder clearly future proofed this from 6th edition. I ordered some spare bits in what I thought were extra heavy bolters for my other speeders - turns out it was a double HB! Looks like I now make this guy either a talon master or a regular typhoon...Now I totally understand why this guy originally had a sword...

Ic5yxvHl.jpg

I also fixed up some of my magnetized terminators to ensure they can be subbed in as knights which now gives me a 7 man squad. I'm thinking of making at least 1 or 2 more knights.

xKe4WAOl.jpg

Then I brushed up my dreads...I'm still waiting on 3rd party lascannon arms to make them Mortis las dreads

1F0G0iZl.jpg

S0JJQ6Kl.jpg