FAQ changes Feb 2020

NatBrannigan

I would still consider taking stalker bolters and Thunderfire cannons. They just went from ''auto-take'' to ''pretty solid''. Stalker bolters aren't a mainstay anymore, but they have their uses.

I plan on running one 10 man stalker squad and 2 ten man bolt rifle squads

I would still consider taking stalker bolters and Thunderfire cannons. They just went from ''auto-take'' to ''pretty solid''. Stalker bolters aren't a mainstay anymore, but they have their uses.

I plan on running one 10 man stalker squad and 2 ten man bolt rifle squads

Bolt Rifles are looking nice right now.  Nothing like throwing 40 shots that explode on 6s and deny cover with -2 AP.

Anyone think Sternguard will become a thing again?

Lol stern guard can kill a repulsor if you combine the tank hunter strat, masterful marksmanship and catechism of fire.

I feel like there are easier ways to kill a Repulsor than that.

Lol stern guard can kill a repulsor if you combine the tank hunter strat, masterful marksmanship and catechism of fire.

The point is that they can without having to be built to.  You're in a weird spot when you surrender that kind of anti infantry firepower to split tanks open for 3 CP and an invocation.

A thought occurred.  If someone inflicts casualties on a unit under the influence of an Ancient, would i be able to throw grenades more than once?  Like, every enemy unit that inflicts casualties would give me a new opportunity to throw a grenade, right?

Yes there are, but it’s a nice little “panic button” to have.

If I'm hitting a panic button in a game something has gone horribly wrong and I'm likely fighting to tie, if not prevent being tabled.

If I'm hitting a panic button in a game something has gone horribly wrong and I'm likely fighting to tie, if not prevent being tabled.

That’s what a panic button is for