Verux WIP Death Guard

Verux

Thanks Trawl, the capes are done with some scale75 stuff the wife bought me for xmas. I will get some exact names soon. The brass is Brassy Brass from Vallejo.

The cloaks are based Sunset Purple, then blended Deep Red and Fuchsia from Scale75. I added some Cadian Fleshtone in for highlights.

Edited by Verux

Thank you. The bases are simple but just enough to add some flavor.

I haven't found the terminators that useful ingame but I rarely play. All hobby, all the time.

Great work on your DG!  I'm very curious as to what you use for your glowy greens (bases/scythes) and matt rusted mail links?

How are you finding the terminator kits to build, paint and appreciate?  I'm toying with the Deathshroud kit and whether they are worth 3-man for the same price as the Blightlords, not actually seen them both in person yet.

The greens are P3 Iosan Green then Necrotite Green and then add some Flash Gitz yellow to the Necro.

The rust is Lead Belcher washed with a black was and then a sepia wash in select places. I dry / overbrush some mournfang brown, then skrag brown and finally Ryza Rust.

As for the Deathshroud it is a bit expensive but the models are very nice. They seem a bit larger and chunkier as well giving them a bit more presence.

Both kits are fairly monopose but you can do some simple conversions without too much effort.

Thank you for the reply and information!  P3 paints are a pain for me to acquire as they aren't stocked in my usual sources for stuff (so end up having to fork out high shipping), but I did pick up a Necrotite Green recently which is a lovely colour!  The flash gitz highlight colour is something I was missing in my collection though cheers :)

Superb paintjobs!

Would you mind sharing your paint recipe for the rusty cleaver?

It is fairly straight forward but I love the result.

Base with Vallejo Gunmetal (game air version)  / layer with Leadbelcher

Add Typhus Corrosion along the blade edge ( or wherever you prefer)

All over black wash followed by a selective sepia wash in the deepest recesses. 

Mournfang Brown stippled and drybrushed to start the rust.

Skrag Brown is next which really makes it look the part.

Ryza Rust very very sparingly along the edges and selective spots. 

I'm not sure if you want the green as well but I typing it out anyways!

Vallejo Sick Green Base ( 2 coats)

Mix in some Necrotite Green and fill the deepest recesses.

Add Flash Gitz Yellow to the mix and repeat!

Let me know if I missed anything!

Love the green cloaks and hoods

Curious on how you achieved it

Ok, so this was an experiment with blending that just happened to work out nicely. 

Base was 2 coats of Warboss Green.

Blended in some Sybarite Green on my wet pallet and did a few more layers.

The kicker was Scale 75 Caribbean Blue added in the mix and worked up in layers.

I wasnt happy with the blending or the "clean look" of the cloaks so I did an all over wash of Agrax Earthshade to dirty it up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly working on Lord Felthius and his cohort alongside a Plague Surgeon. Hope you enjoy and C&C is always welcome.

I hope to finish these by the weekend... but I have no more Death Guard to build and paint which makes me extremely sad.

SgukNUKl.jpgFSsXlzZl.jpgCtfQAksl.jpg

VYab1Y6l.jpg7HyOvSFl.jpguKsSKnDl.jpgwceudTWl.jpg

5HhCFlil.jpg

These guys are nearly finished. I was thinking of adding some blood the Surgeon's drill but I don't have any blood on the entire army. So i am torn....

All in all a few touch ups and they go in the cabinet. I will not have any Death Guard to paint until my Heroes Series 3 guys come in from Japan. In the current situation I am not sure how long that will take. I do have a knight to convert but again I am awaiting overseas items in shipping.

Guess I am going back to loyalists for now.

0h6icrel.jpgRdLoOTzl.jpg

erzGBmgl.jpgfPYtXl7l.jpg

pAafNvZl.jpgEA4uFeRl.jpg

ZaCQthjl.jpg5nob77ll.jpg

wBDrgE2l.jpgzkfNxiYl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
It is a foetid bloat drone turned sideways with legs from the AoS Blightlord flyers up front. Back legs are made from the crane terrain piece (can't recall the name)

Very nice painting. You do cloth very well. Neat and clean painting (even though it's Nurgle).

I like the bright green and pink combo. Love that one base with pink and green bubbles.

Nice conversions. Really unique Daemon prince. Very much looking forward to him.