Verux WIP Death Guard

Verux

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a bit of progress I have made on my DP. Lots of back and forth on this guy as I have had trouble making things work together visually. 

km2DuUel.jpg

Overall I am happy with the direction he is going. I will add some chains / cloth under the front armor panel.

gdGDi7fl.jpg

Originally I wanted large spikes on the shoulder pads but decided against it and made it a bit plainer. I am thinking of adding some exhaust to the back of the carapace. 

SK7pbWHl.jpg

I always stick a nurgling on the model if possible. This guy is mostly here to cover up my poor greenstuff skills.

QzCoLwnl.jpg

This is my first attempt at scratch building something with plasticard. I have realized I need yet more tools to achieve what I originally wanted. But this will do for now.

I hope you enjoy. I have also been painting the Japanese Death Guard models. They are nearly finished and I will post them soon. Thanks for looking. 

Brother Callidan I tend to agree. The problem is that the model barely fits on the base as is so positioning the back legs was limited. I thought about adding a smaller set on the back but everywhere I attempted stuck out like a sore thumb.

I may have another go at it. Thanks for the input.

So i splurged and ordered the Japanese Death Guard set. I have to say these models are pretty nice. The detail level is great, each base has some details and a nurgling.

Not finished with these guys yet but I have the majority finished. I need to do some weathering and touch ups.

xv6cg55l.jpgSc95pgYl.jpg

fku9lbpl.jpgleiKc90l.jpg

dUTSi8Fl.jpg7YnJYSYl.jpg

I tried something new for the orange plasma. I also tried to make his cloak look moldy.

NCHPy0Kl.jpg019GHqYl.jpg

W1uhlsrl.jpg1XEH8sal.jpg

kKXDhUUl.jpgs2Cdbx4l.jpg

The candles were a neat addition to the model. Not something you usually see in the Death Guard range but I think they turned out nicely.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy. More conversions to come but I have to take some time to finish my sons knight for his Black Legion Army. 

Nice!  I really like the old-school bone colored armor, and the rusty weapons are really well done (I'm going to have to give your formula a try on some of my own figures).  

Thanks for the compliment. The bone color tends to make weathering stand out so much more than the 40k green scheme. As for the rust it is a bit toned down compared to some but I think it makes it more realistic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...