Forge World Friday: Interemptors!

helterskelter

Seeing as the N&R thread is now closed, I figured I would post some more in-detail pics here.

Please mind the tea-towel... washing resin is a messy business at times, and the parts still need to dry off. Again, most of the pics in spoiler tags to avoid splashing people's timelines too hard.

gallery_26271_16157_486789.jpeg

med_gallery_26271_16157_731858.jpeg

med_gallery_26271_16157_520505.jpeg

med_gallery_26271_16157_604949.jpeg

One nice thing that these models have, which the Inner Circle Knights also have some of, are a system of different shape pegs and holes which indicate which parts go together. As a side-effect, it's almost a pseudo-pin that allows for a greater glueing area.

med_gallery_26271_16157_520505.jpeg

med_gallery_26271_16157_600383.jpeg

One thing that I'm a little annoyed about, and something I consider as a backwards step, are the thickness of the shoulder pad trim - the MkIII trim is too thin and on some pads are starting to disappear. To highlight this I put these next to the MkIII DA Pads, and there's quite a difference:

med_gallery_26271_16157_540915.jpeg

med_gallery_26271_16157_619224.jpeg

I think I need to do a plog to just get all of these pictures in a single place.

That’s odd on the Pads. If I didn’t know any better I’d say they were MK2.

Thanks for the photos though! Very excited for them

How hard are we thinking it'll be to magnetize the Plasma Incinerator and Missile Launcher?

Honestly, I think it would be a non-starter. The handle is a separate piece that is common between both weapons, and both hands are moulded on. It's a very small and thin piece, and it would be difficult enough to pin let alone trying to mount a magnet on it.

Yeah, the pads are a bit of an oddity, and the extra trim is nowhere near as pronounced as other MkIII kits. 

How hard are we thinking it'll be to magnetize the Plasma Incinerator and Missile Launcher?

Honestly, I think it would be a non-starter. The handle is a separate piece that is common between both weapons, and both hands are moulded on. It's a very small and thin piece, and it would be difficult enough to pin let alone trying to mount a magnet on it.

Yeah, the pads are a bit of an oddity, and the extra trim is nowhere near as pronounced as other MkIII kits. 

I know someone else asked about the size of these guys compared to other models- did not see if you answered that?  Thanks for the pics!

Interesting had not heard of the battle automata being cancelled, the new lion book mentions they have men of iron, maybe they are being replaced by those?

Fairly sure I remember at the 2019 HH Weekender they mentioned the Terran Automata being dropped from the next book. I have to admit I wanted to see them, but if they’re not going to be in then there’s not much we can do.

Interesting had not heard of the battle automata being cancelled, the new lion book mentions they have men of iron, maybe they are being replaced by those?

Actually I haven’t checked them against others. I’ll have to get some out and see how they compare. They don’t feel small, so if anything they could be slightly larger - but they feel ‘right’.

So I couldn't find a MkIII to hand, but I did find a plastic Cataphractii to compare the Interemptor against. I think it scales correctly - it is shorter than the Terminator but not by too much. The photo may not be the best, I did try to get the camera level and the feet are just about level (the Cataphractii is maybe 1mm higher)

med_gallery_26271_16157_787767.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I played a 2,500 campaign battle last week using an alpha legion coils list. My opponent dropped them in by assault claw.

Turn 1 they wiped out a quad mortar team with significant overkill. My turn two I charged him with my stolen Invictarus, he wiped 7 of them out with overwatch, but were eventually ground down and ran from combat (although we forgot the stubborn rule so they may have lasted another turn).

The overwatch rule and stubborn is a good combination. I will definitely be shooting them next time around!

Cadmus