Conversion assistance? Wolf sisters need more models

Noeh

So I'm trying to drum up some ideas for my sisters army. I used to run it half space wolves and half sisters back in 7th. Moved into 8th with a bit of the same but sisters instantly fell behind in local meta.

Currently I have replaced on my sisters the power weapons and some of the basic weapons with space wolf bits. I've given them space wolf themed backpacks when the stock model isn't just way cooler. I've also gone through and plan to/have given my seraphim squads angelic wings and spears instead of swords to be more like valkyries.

I had some thoughts about replacing mortifiers with thunderwolf cavalry mounted by some battle nuns.. Maybe repentia. But otherwise unsure how to really differentiate them from somebody just pointing and saying "those are just thunderwolves, your army didn't have those". Along with any other ways I might be able to wolf up my girls. Any ideas?

Edited by Noeh

Wolves/Cyberwolves as Arcos springs to mind, as long as there is no potential confusion with any wolves you may have in your Space wolf Army.

Sisters rising TW as mortifiers could work but how about TW with no riders as plain old penitent engines, would need a bit converting to get the flamers on them and some green stuff to hide the saddle.

I think mortifiers with spare SW dread bits would also look good.

I hadn't even thought of the wolves as arcos. That very much could work. I didn't plan to run any actual space wolf units in the list, but the whole army has the general theme of it.

I wanted to more specifically run Mortifiers, although I do hear penitents are good too. Just the mortifiers have the Sisters keyword and benefit from several auras and strategems.
Spare dread bits might work too. I do have some laying around..

If you do have TW as Mortifier count as then I think the sister riding it would need to be in full armour otherwise the 4+ would feel weird if it was just a wolf and a repentia.

If you give the riding sister the heavy flamer/bolter then that could explain why the wolf has a ranged attack.

Another thing to consider, TW come on 60mm while Mortifiers are 50mm. Given the long leaping/bounding pose of the TW they might come of the base a bit.

I found some third party sisters looking models riding something else that could likely be adjusted just enough to fit the saddles. They're in full armor. Shouldn't be too hard to model a heavy flamer or two onto the wolf itself on some sort of armored barding. As for the parts hanging off? I mean mortifiers and penitent engines already hang off the base they are on.

Just gotta order a good amount of brown stuff/green stuff to make a mold then a ton of copies of the angel wings I have so I don't have to spend like $15 per set of 3. Then more wolfy bits. Always need more wolfy bits!

That was actually a typo lol. My phone must have autocorrected it back. The spears are going to be on the zeraphim, yes.

I'm really tempted to get that set just to make molds and make copies of the spears.. Because I had a really god awful experience with the quality of raging heroes models before. Though it might just have been because they rushed the crap out of their Kickstarter stuff