+++BCK's Necromunda Conversion Challenge 3/20+++

Brother-Chaplain Kage

Once I started using clay shapers I've never looked back, worth trying out at least. I did have two types, white ones and black ones, I found the white ones to be softer material and a bit crap, the black ones were much harder and IMHO spot on. 

But my sculptings crap so your probably better off not paying attention to a word I say lol. Good luck on the sculpting though, it's stressful but when you nail it its soooooo worth it. 

I've only got white ones and they are ok, but like you say a bit soft. I didn't realise the black were harder material. I'm going to go buy some right now.

Edit: Apparently white is soft, grey is firm and black is really firm.

Edited by Toxichobbit

Here's the idea I had when I saw the Sororitas bits for sale, with the 5 second backstory idea that a squad of Sisters was looking for something in the depths of the Underhive and met with disaster. She was the sole survivor and somehow ended up meeting a mechanicus bloke who offered to patch her up (re-purposing a left arm from a scrapped underling, for example) and give her some replacement weapons and gear if she could also help him search for an item he's wanting. (She saves the most holy Bolter for special occasions due to low ammo for it.)

6l70qoM.png

No idea what to do for the right arm just yet. 

But now that Ranulf has planted the idea of converting it into an up-armored Escher, I'm having some thoughts about that too. 

My thought on seeing that isn't an up armoured Escher, but instead really toning down her armour and making her ex-Cawdor. Stuff like turning the armoued plates into roughly shaped metal to simulate Sororitas armour, rather than the armour itself. Though that'd be a lot more work and need some different weapons, so basically a complete re-do of your concept.

I vote Escher! Much more work, but I am sure you could make it work. What about a former Escher Bounty Hunter?

Toxichobbit has some great ideas there for her too, but would Underhivers know of an organisation such as the Sisters? Either way, a female Cawdor would also be very cool :tu:

I myself have been busy! Forge Tyrant, known only by his moniker of General Scourge, leader of the House Goliath gang The War Bastards -

gallery_46632_13392_110142.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_104069.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_60882.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_47336.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_118539.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_79726.jpeg

My clay shapers haven’t came yet and I got all excited and carried on :D :D I think with the shoulder pad covering the left shoulder it works alright. The Heavy Bolter and the Chainaxe are both magnetised as he is a playing piece, so I want to be able to vary his load out.

I declare Vow complete!

I vote Escher! Much more work, but I am sure you could make it work. What about a former Escher Bounty Hunter?

My clay shapers haven’t came yet and I got all excited and carried on :biggrin.::biggrin.: 

I declare Vow complete!

Yeah, probably going to be an Escher bounty hunter, maybe even my own version of Kria the Huntress 'cause I'm not going to have the money for a FW model any time real soon. 

I completely understand the feeling of wanting to get something done when you're feeling it. :D

First completed vow for this month, woot! He looks great!

I am terrible for not waiting....:D half the time I glue stuff down on conversions then I am sorry later!

Can’t go wrong with a bounty hunter, they are all kinds of cool and a blank canvas so to speak for conversions :tu:

Thanks btw, I am quite proud of him it’s the first time I have properly attempted sculpting, and I can only get better too. Cheers!

Edited by Midnightmare

Finally picking up parts today and tomorrow, so I suppose I should make my pledge!

I, Swarbie8D, pledge to convert a Forge Tyrant, Ruled, for House Goliath in the Conversion Challenge on or before March 31, 2020.

Bit nervous after seeing how utterly fantastic Midnightmare’s Tyrant looks but it’s what I was gonna do so I must forge ahead!

Toxichobbit has some great ideas there for her too, but would Underhivers know of an organisation such as the Sisters? Either way, a female Cawdor would also be very cool :thumbsup:

Officially, Cawdor are aware of both the Sororitas and the Custodes. In fact, they style themselves after both which is why they have various guns strapped to polearms (trying to emulate guardian spears). The female Cawdor are mentioned as styling themselves after Sisters, though they are forbidden from being part of the House gangs. They sometimes go rogue and form their own gangs, hence why she'd be an ex-Cawdor.

Still WIP but I’ve started on Barret, my Forge Tyrant. Many lifetimes ago he committed a slight against the Over-Tyrant of the time during the Feast of the Fallen. As punishment he was cast out into the Ash Wastes, exiled as a penitent wanderer. Now, with the Over-Tyrant who exiled him dead and his name all but forgotten by the newer generations of House Goliath, Barret has returned to take back his place at the table.

fsPG0b2.jpg

9s1yO2w.jpg

@ Swarbie - nice choice of Heavy Bolter! The belt of bullets looks awesome on that model. Also, like the fluff :tu:

@Toxichobbit - you learn something new everyday, I wasn’t aware of that fluff (Cawdor aren’t my forte!). Cheers!

@ BCK - there is a picture of a Rogue Doc in the new Hiuse of Chains boom if you are looking for something completely different to do, though I think a Bounty Hunter would be best suited to your base model.

Edited by Midnightmare

Looking good, Swarbie! If I may offer one little bit of constructive criticism, it appears the cloak and the hood are not connected and looks a bit odd. Could just be the camera angle though. 

@Midnightmare Yeah, gonna go with a bounty hunter. I think I've nailed down the rough idea of her look but still not sure what weapons to do. I do like the mechanicus machine pistol and will probably stick with that. Maybe a melee weapon in the other hand. 

Toxichobbit has some great ideas there for her too, but would Underhivers know of an organisation such as the Sisters? Either way, a female Cawdor would also be very cool :thumbsup:

Officially, Cawdor are aware of both the Sororitas and the Custodes. In fact, they style themselves after both which is why they have various guns strapped to polearms (trying to emulate guardian spears). The female Cawdor are mentioned as styling themselves after Sisters, though they are forbidden from being part of the House gangs. They sometimes go rogue and form their own gangs, hence why she'd be an ex-Cawdor.

To expand on this, I imagine the Cawdor are aware of the Sororitas in much the same way they're aware of the Custodes, ie only through scripture and salvaged Ecclesiarchy iconography. I imagine the "Cawdoritas" probably don't have the knowledge of their common usage of bolters, so I see them as more attempting to copy the power armour of the Sororitas, so using scrap-armour, like you've said Toxichobbit.

Alright lads, here's the first sketch of the Escher bounty hunter. 

TmX28Mw.png

Still need to give her a bare midriff to keep with the aesthetic and a few other things (removing the holy icon and replacing it with the eye, etc). Not sure if I'm digging the pistol arm and someone suggested a whip in my WIP thread and I kinda like that idea. I also have this idea of giving her a ton of GS hair simply because the name Medusa kept coming up in my head because of her face mask. 

Ha ha, awesome man, just awesome B) Just like that, it’s like ‘What Sister of Battle?”

In other news, I got my sculpting tools from my Dads today - he is in self isolation so had to leave them outside. Also waiting for me was the Stimmer/Forgeborn kit :devil: