+++BCK's Necromunda Conversion Challenge 3/20+++

Brother-Chaplain Kage

I’m gonna call Vow Complete for me! Did a little extra greenstuff work to fill in gaps etc. it’s a little rough but I plan on painting it as worn-out tarpaulin/hessian so rough will work just fine

Here is Barret; Tyrant-In-Exile, the Prodigal Son of House Goliath.

CMGcKkp.jpg

iaXCWlb.jpg

QtRzk2u.jpg

Ht7OWFH.jpg

He’s a little hard to photograph, but I’m very happy with him. He ain’t perfect but he’s mine. I really enjoyed reading House of Chains while working on him; I learned all kinds of things about Goliath culture and Necromunda as a planet that I didn’t know before. For example, I imagine that Barret has a Mk 3 shoulder pad and heavy bolter because he came across a long-lost Imperial Fist Devastator’s corpse out in the Ash Wastes and looted gear from it to survive. Who knows how that Marine ended up out there, but even in death he serves to drive the ascendency of this guy

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, it's been 3 weeks since I updated my progress on my conversion, and an interesting 3 weeks it has been as well. Working in a restaurant right now - something that was supposed to be a temporary job while looking for something else but is going to be permanent for now because pandemic - has had me super busy and is not only physically draining from the heat and long hours, but dealing with customers and contactless carryout and delivery is becoming mentally and emotionally draining as well but I'm not here to bang on about all that. 

Progress!

Here's the last update pic for ease of browsing:

QQwcmab.png

The next one that I forgot to post here, adding a whip that isn't in a ridiculous pose and finalizing the position of the left leg. 

gtGhAZn.png

And the newest one with the whip temporarily omitted to allow easier access to re-sculpt the abdomen, add a cloth wrap around the shoulders, and a whole bunch of ganger girl hair which I explain how I did here

90Duklv.png

It's a flechette blaster from the AdMech Sicarian Ruststalker/Infiltrator kit, not a bolter. On the figure, I'm calling it an autogun.

Now I need 2 of those for my Wild Dog conversion

Edited by Cadius

BCK I know all about restaurant work, I love it even after 30 years.

I don't. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a bad knee from playing sports as a kid that limits me to about 6 hour shifts.

Anyway, back to the conversion and moar hair!

8oiHRJI.png