Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DW Campaign: Beneath A Hateful Sky (OOC/Recruiting Thread)

Deathwatch RPG Badab Loyalist Secessionist Backstabbing Treason Freedom Explosions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,946 posts

No need for sarcasm brother, the Tyrant is generous.

Which is why all players (because they are Secessionist)  receive the following:

New Talent:  Maelstrom Warders (500xp)

The Astartes of the Maelstrom bent every nerve and sinew to protect their demesne, often working hand in glove with other Astartes and forming bonds of brotherhood only seen amongst the dark ages of the Heresy or the tight-knit brethren of the Deathwatch.

A Character who has this Talent, counts as having all the benefits of "Forging the Bond" (p.226 Deathwatch RoB)

This will extend to everyone as there are no Tacticals in KT: Cerberus.

Remember all free advances and GM awards count towards your XP gains, even if you didn't buy them.

MR.

• Steel Company, Xin Ceithan and Slips like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts

So for the 1k xp expenditure I'm thinking for Sev:

Mighty Shot (500xp Devastator Rank 1)

Dodge (300xp General Space Marine rank 1)

BS improvement; Basic (200xp Devastator Rank 1)

AS for his specialization I'm having a hard time deciding between Immovable Warrior and Unrelenting Devastation... Considering the Semi-Auto nature of the AC, Immovable Warrior is nice for the +10 to hit when I'm in cover, but at the same time doing extra mag damage in squad mode is helpful too, again due to the nature of the weapon that Sev uses.

Thoughts?

• Mazer Rackham likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,021 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

So for the 1k xp expenditure I'm thinking for Sev:

Mighty Shot (500xp Devastator Rank 1)

Dodge (300xp General Space Marine rank 1)

BS improvement; Basic (200xp Devastator Rank 1)

AS for his specialization I'm having a hard time deciding between Immovable Warrior and Unrelenting Devastation... Considering the Semi-Auto nature of the AC, Immovable Warrior is nice for the +10 to hit when I'm in cover, but at the same time doing extra mag damage in squad mode is helpful too, again due to the nature of the weapon that Sev uses.

Thoughts?

Dont space marines have dodge trained baseline?

I think the +10 will help more since the autocannon will end up being used in a more target priority elimination role vs horde clearing. We also still have frag grenades and a bunch of assault marines I think.

Also, still writing up Aramandus' intro post. Lots of beheading.

Edited by Slips, 09 March 2020 - 04:24 PM.

• Steel Company and Mazer Rackham like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts

That's the thing Slips, I's kind of unclear if they do or not, in several placed Dodge shows up as a trainable skill for Space Marines, if it is already trained than I need to figure out something else for 300xp for Sev.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,021 posts

That's the thing Slips, I's kind of unclear if they do or not, in several placed Dodge shows up as a trainable skill for Space Marines, if it is already trained than I need to figure out something else for 300xp for Sev.

I think its just for redundancy since they do explain that we start with a pre-spent 13k xp.

Also, it can never hurt boosting your toughness to 50+ for TB10 to reduce damage taken.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts

I think its just for redundancy since they do explain that we start with a pre-spent 13k xp.

Also, it can never hurt boosting your toughness to 50+ for TB10 to reduce damage taken.

This is true, perhaps I'll pick up another bit of toughness...

Eidt:

Humm doing that would mean I have to have to give up the advancement on my BS to get it north of 50 for starting...

Edited by Steel Company, 09 March 2020 - 04:34 PM.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,946 posts

Dodge is a trained skill for all Marines, you (Steel) can however pick up the increases from the Codex Advances in HtC, albeit the Dodge +10 costs 400xp.

On your BS Stat quandary, I would suggest this is where your lust for an Autocannon is going to vex you a little bit.

Your choices matter ;)

MR.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts

Dodge is a trained skill for all Marines, you (Steel) can however pick up the increases from the Codex Advances in HtC, albeit the Dodge +10 costs 400xp.

On your BS Stat quandary, I would suggest this is where your lust for an Autocannon is going to vex you a little bit.

Your choices matter msn-wink.gif

MR.

Oh I'm going to stick with the AC, just working out the math on how to weight things in my favor for BS tests...

Spoiler

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,946 posts

Just checking in and hoping all is well with everyone.

I'm still working with a couple of players via PM, so progress continues, although I am hoping we can move forward on a few things before too long, but of course real life is getting in the way as usual.

For the Tyrant!

MR.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts
I'll try to get Sev finished up this week, only a few things left to do.
  • Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,021 posts

HAVENT FORGOTTEN JUST BEEN BUSY with work and stuff.

• Steel Company, Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts
I totally get that Slips, this week I'm home with my sin for week one of his two week long spring break. :o
  • Mazer Rackham, Xin Ceithan and Slips like this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,021 posts

I totally get that Slips, this week I'm home with my sin for week one of his two week long spring break. ohmy.png

Sadly, my job had a bout of "Severe mismanagement" when dealing with this situation so I have to go into work tomorrow to MAYBE POSSIBLY PROBABLY PERHAPS find out how we're going to actually be dealing with this ahahhahahahahahakillmehahahahahah

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,625 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
Good to see you are all holding up!

Also just got (sent) home from work. We are apparently establishing a sort of emergency presence and on call duty reserve schedule to keep things running till mid April at least. I am on the reserve list this week. Will have to see how that turns out. But, yay! Get to spend more time with my wife :)

Also might have unexpected time to get my char worked and running. ;)

All praise be to Grandfather Nurgle... uh... the Tyrant. Of course.
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,106 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Still here! Same boat as the rest!

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,625 posts
Enjoy the epic of Cyrandras Rakash, Astral Claws Librarian over in the Character Thread.

Next I'll I have to do an opening scene.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,946 posts

Nice work!

We are building up a portfolio of excellent posts, everyone.

I can't wait to see what we have next from this few, this happy few, this band of Secessionist brothers....

MR.

• Steel Company and Xin Ceithan like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,134 posts

Nice work!

We are building up a portfolio of excellent posts, everyone.

I can't wait to see what we have next from this few, this happy few, this band of Secessionist brothers....

MR.

.... and their attack dog (Sev). :)
  • Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,946 posts

Nicely done Slips. :)

Happiness is a bloody chain-axe.

MR.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,021 posts

You know it hahahah

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,625 posts
Behold the results of of a week's worth of squinting at a mobile screen. May it provide you some distractions in these troubling times!

Hope you are all well!
  • Steel Company, Mazer Rackham and Slips like this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,946 posts

A fabulous read, I am seeing plenty of foreshadowing with this Lexicanus!  :)

Thank you Xin and hope you're dodging trouble as well.

MR.

• Steel Company and Xin Ceithan like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch, RPG, Badab, Loyalist, Secessionist, Backstabbing, Treason, Freedom, Explosions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users