When our PA arrives

Trollbeard

I think it’s messed up we were alluded to in the T’au book just to get bumped for GSC. I would imagine it’s sooner than later. I’m glad because I just finished painting everything in power and terminator armor tonight.

Looking at the timeline for 40k, the first thing that happens after the indominitus crusade (the aproximate time that PA is taking place) is the Plague War. It would make the most sense if we're in the very last book that then leads into the plaguewar

I think it’s messed up we were alluded to in the T’au book just to get bumped for GSC. I would imagine it’s sooner than later. I’m glad because I just finished painting everything in power and terminator armor tonight.

I thought it would have been a good match up. Tau embody hope and Deathguard are manifestations of dispair.

Has that PA- book already been released? There was a lot of hype and then quiet

Looks like we're next boys!

3 way war against Fabous Bile, Us and Custodes.

Rules for all 7 plague companies.

We're the 8th book right? So that means we're still a book away after Saga of the Beast which is the Ad mech one.

Because of release push back I think it won't be released until Late July. It's a while away but I'm pumped for 7 plague company rules

I would love to see Mortarion getting help to staying on the table. Either give him a better invuln save, move his toughness to 8 or let him have a rule like the Ork warboss that he can only lose a maximum amount of wounds per phase. 

I would like to see Plague Marines get 2 wounds  and Terminators having 3 wounds. 

More strats for unique units would be nice. Something to boost our unique vehicles. 

Small changes would be good like making Demon Prince weapons count as plague weapons if it is a Nurgle DP. Poxwalkers attacks should count as plague weapons.

We need something added to our army unique traits. Other armies have our own rules and simply do it better. 

So apparently we will be getting rules for each plague company. I'm guessing it will be in the same vain as the thousand sons-warlord trait, relic and something

Hopefully there will be a specific strategem for each company and 7 more generic ones so we have a decent selection of strays to play with

I hope it isn’t modelled to closely to how 1k sons were. I have the book, and from what I’ve seen on the forums of people discussing it, it’s rather restrictive and limited.

Will be cool to see what we get. I might read through the DG codex about the 7 plague companies to see if they give any hints to maybe what they will get.

I’m hoping we get some cool relics and ways to make cool characters like CSM got.

A tidbit regarding the Death Guard from PA:6, presumably from the perspective of a Custodian:

"The foul, barren mountains of Barbarus, the bitter teachings of an ungrateful son and the malevolent churnings of the Eye have turned these Death Guard into beasts."

I'm sure they meant 'beasts' as an epithet but I'm willing to bet a true follower of Nugle would consider it a compliment.

Honestly this tease has left my unease about the coming deathguard PA book. Feels out of place to be chasing Bile for whatever reason GW writes up. Takes deathguard from the big bad they were at the beginning of 8th and turns them into a squabble with chaos(which is what chaos does I guess lol).

The real concern is which so many factions in one book, with Biles new model, and new faction rule set for his faction that deathguard will get the short end of the book.

Honestly this tease has left my unease about the coming deathguard PA book. Feels out of place to be chasing Bile for whatever reason GW writes up. Takes deathguard from the big bad they were at the beginning of 8th and turns them into a squabble with chaos(which is what chaos does I guess lol).

The real concern is which so many factions in one book, with Biles new model, and new faction rule set for his faction that deathguard will get the short end of the book.

I think Custodes will get that. Though I agree, it seems like too many factions crammed in together. If Bile’s faction isn’t a huge release then we might be okay but if he gets a faction with lots of new models it could be grim.

Over in News and Rumors, I'm hearing that the Talons of the Emperor are delivering Primaris reinforcements to a chapter that has gone renegade, so I don't expect much in the way of stuff for them, they'll probably be relying on their Primaris charges for actual line troops and such within the campaign. (I'm guessing CSM will only get a few strats/relics and maybe a warlord trait for the Agents of Bile sub-faction) Bile wants that sweet Primaris gene-seed and to check out organs like the Belisarian Furnace, and I imagine DG are after Bile because they want the Gene Seed too, so it's not so much an intra-Chaos squabble, as it is different forces wanting the same thing and fighting over it. 

Still though, rules for all 7 Plague Companies can't be bad, especially as Vectorums tend to be spread across/drawn from multiple companies, it might make taking multiple detachments within  a pure DG army a lot more interesting. 

A short run down of the charachterisctics of the plague companies:

1st - Typhus' company - basically multiple zombie plagues so expect bonuses to poxwalkers. My guess is poxwalker attacks become plague weapons.

2nd - Mechanised company - I think it will give bonuses to armour, since they are infected with ferric blight, so my guess is they will get the ignore ap -1 trait for infantry and non-daemon vechicles so plague marines in rhinos will be boosted.

3rd - The defensive company - I'm guessing they get some sort of allways counts as in cover schtick or possibly -1 to hit from afar.

4th - the psychic company - They have something called the eater plague, I'm guessing they will be handing out mortal wounds left and right.

5th - Daemon engine company- My guess would be a trait that works kind of like Nurgle's Gardener - mortal wounds when a daemon engine is charged or when something dissengages from a daemon engine. Possibly a strat to get full rerolls for shooting with daemon engines.

6th - Terminator company - They have the droning plague. I'm guessing something sh*t like minuses to moral around terminators.

7th - Mortation's chosen company - hard to guess but I think buffs to plague marines, probably something like better flamers I dunno

Plague Lord I think has about the jist of it.

So 7 new companies probably each with their own dedicated strategem. So with a reprint of the 2 new stats from Conquest... What do you bet we get 5 new stats to round out multiples of 7???

I hope there is like a kill shot or demolisher focus fire Strat aimed at PBCs

Possibly a Strat for giving Bolters plague for a turn (but that might be a bit much with the armour rotting shot Strat from Conquest?)

Nurgling/ glitch mites infesting enemy machines.

Any ideas?

I'd love a strat that let's 1 model throw double shots for blight grenades. A blight bombardment light version that would let the rest of the squad fire weapons normally. Maybe too strong I don't know. But we need emphasis of close range chem warfare.

We also need an upgrade to our basic traits - rapid fire at 18'' is kind of obsolete when all space marines get double tap at full range when not moving. Wouldnt' be surpriesed to get true grit back, so basically shooting weapons into combat like pistols - great for plasma plague marine squads. So I expect our rapid fire weapons to be pistol in close combat.

If we got some Devastator/Havoc analogue I’d be so happy. We have them as a staple unit in our main 30k RoW, let us have them again!

Old lore/rules were that Deathguard havocs didn't get heavy weapons and only used stuff like melta guns and plasma but that was based on the idea that heavy weapons were actually heavy and couldn't magically be made more mobile by 'tactics' and instead tactics had to use the limitations of the equipment.

We also need an upgrade to our basic traits - rapid fire at 18'' is kind of obsolete when all space marines get double tap at full range when not moving. Wouldnt' be surpriesed to get true grit back, so basically shooting weapons into combat like pistols - great for plasma plague marine squads. So I expect our rapid fire weapons to be pistol in close combat.

Imperial Fists and Space Wolves both get true grit as a stratagem and its bolt weapons only, as it always was. Somehow IF can now fire heavy bolters at point blank range but pistol grip plasma guns has never been a thing.

Obsolete compared to Ultramarine super doctrine maybe but not regular bolter discipline. Problem is more that its limited to pre-Primaris bolters.

Plague marine plasma guns are still great though.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Stunningly, I know what the old lore/rules were. But one, that’s the past, two, I was talking about Horus Heresy lore, and three, our units have heavy weapons now anyways, so it’s a waste to not capitalise on it.

I'd like Blighted Bolters, basically just add the Plague weapon rule to all our bolt weapons. And lords and sorc to gain Disgustingly Resilient. It will most likely be like the Thousand Sons stuff, which is still cool, but a man can dream.

That might encourage more full sized squads to take advantage of the Strat rather than just taking the bare minimum to get the detatchment bonus

Think Morty needs a lot of help personally. I am not sure what we shall get, but probably wont be anything on par with primaris marines and certain factions within them (they don't need to sell us new models now). Hope I'm wrong but I am not holding my breath lol

Think Morty needs a lot of help personally. I am not sure what we shall get, but probably wont be anything on par with primaris marines and certain factions within them (they don't need to sell us new models now). Hope I'm wrong but I am not holding my breath lol

Okay. Turn it on its head. What deathguard stuff is no one taking?? GW would want to shift more of those so they might get bonuses.

I doubt Mortarion will get any bonuses sadly.

I think Lord of Corruption will get a bonus to sell more Felthus. Possibly some relic that looks like a Plague censer cos... Fethlus

I'm thinking a number of the elite characters might also be due some love

And the PBC as a 'seige weapon to drive fear into the Imperial scum'..... I'm not seeing it. That plague mortar hits nothing, ever. Perhaps a bonus for multiple PBC firing at the same target or aura of effect. Something like for every PBC firing on a target an additional mortal wound is caused on any unit within 6 inches? (so for 2PBC firing a target suffers 2d6 shots +2 mortal wounds. 6"Splash damage of 2 mortal wounds

• 2 weeks later...