When our PA arrives

Trollbeard

The Wormspitter Bolt pistol replaces bolt pistol 14" pistole 1 5S -2AP 1D Plague weapon, If you hit a model with this weapon successfully it gets corroded until end of turn... when a friendly death guard model attacks a corroded unit it's weapon gain the plague weapon ability.

If all you have to do is successful hit with this, then this is a pretty good relic. Being in a Lord from reserves, tag a knight, then unload with your multi-melta from your fartcarts or hellbrute with lascannons. Just keep them in range of Arch Contaminator.

The Wormspitter Bolt pistol replaces bolt pistol 14" pistole 1 5S -2AP 1D Plague weapon, If you hit a model with this weapon successfully it gets corroded until end of turn... when a friendly death guard model attacks a corroded unit it's weapon gain the plague weapon ability.

If all you have to do is successful hit with this, then this is a pretty good relic. Being in a Lord from reserves, tag a knight, then unload with your multi-melta from your fartcarts or hellbrute with lascannons. Just keep them in range of Arch Contaminator.

Yea its not too bad.

Problem is getting it into range, or who to put it on.

A sorcerer/plague caster and maybe so "elite" characters are the only non legends who can take a bolt pistol

The chaos lord is an option (just no jumpack), but with the new reserves rules he could show up second turn at 9" away. A screen would have to be 5" out to prevent targeting a juicy unit.

I'm excited about what I could do to a unit of Paladins, let alone a knight. Equip you Blightlords up with meltas, they now get to count as plague weapons, nothing will survive that.

Poxbringers.

Plague surgeon, hypertoxic tincture- 1 CP

Free relic: Iron Coagulation oven

3 PBCs

1 CP: Accelerated Entropy

Deploy together, that's 3 PBCs with a 4++/5+++, min damage 3 on the entropy cannons, and reroll to-wound of 1 and 2 for mortars and cannons. All game. Not bad for 2 CP

Edited by BrainFireBob

Poxbringers.

Plague surgeon, hypertoxic tincture- 1 CP

Free relic: Iron Coagulation oven

3 PBCs

1 CP: Accelerated Entropy

Deploy together, that's 3 PBCs with a 4++/5+++, min damage 3 on the entropy cannons, and reroll to-wound of 1 and 2 for mortars and cannons. All game. Not bad for 2 CP

It's nice now that the character can hide with vehicles within 3" if I read the new 9th character rules correctly, so the surgeon will be safe even without LoS shenanigans.

Playing devils advocate, Only thing bad about that strategy is there is no rerolling hits at all on the 4+bs units, so that's half of everything missing. And that strat for the tank is cool but it will be focus fired and killed, then the other 2 PBC lose plague weapon on their entropy cannons and the min damage and the plague surgeon is now much less valuable (and by that extension the other 2 PBC loose value). And with vehicles getting a boost with the move and shoot heavies AND can't be tied down in assault AND blast weapons buff AND points going up around the board I imagine the PBC is going to go up a fair bit in points. I'd love to be wrong though, I really want to take 3 haha. Maybe the counter to that counter argument if it is an issue, just use the strat on 2 PBCs. Or take a dreadnaught/helbrute with DR to be a juicier target. Hmmmmm.

Hmmmm after getting my hands on the book and having a look through it really liking the Poxmongers especially for their warlord trait

Increased Melee weapon Ap against any infantry units within 7 of the unit Just can’t decide on what squad to accompany the warlord with Either a 14 man strong possessed squad with Disgusting Resilence or a similar size squad of Plague marines accompanied by a blightbringer with that lovely 5+ inv save relic

Just realised then that Trench fighter will actually be good for them then as they’ll actually have an -1 ap on their knives

Now that our PA has arrived (and there was much rejoicing, yeah), is your plan to use it to enhance your existing list or start from scratch? I actually like my current list and won a small tournament today without using any of it while the 3 people I played did use theirs. Had I used it, it would have just made the wins easier. But we actually have options now and I'm interested in what people plan on changing in their current list.

I am thinking of dropping my Lord for Typhus with the reroll 1's aura. Then drop my Cultists for more Poxwalkers, as they are just screens anyway, but this should make them more resilient and able to come in as reserves. When 9ed hits I will be losing CP, so I have to take into account pregame spending, again because we finally have better options to spend them on.

What are you all thinking?

I’m worried about how 9th affects us cost wise especially since GW have said everything coastwise will be going up added to that will be FW models as I usually always include a large number of FW dreads

I generally run a battalion do should have heaps of CP to give everything DR but that may change depending on how much more expensive everything gets

I too run FW, 3 deredeos, in a brigade and having 15 CP is nice. Starting with 12 CP regardless of which detachment we use means I can drop my 3 Drones. I also don't have to run 6 troop choices and just run a battalion with 3. My changes have brought my list down to under 1750 points. My hope is that with the points increase my list won't go over 2000. I left some wiggle room if it does, but not much.

On a side note, I'm disappointed with the surgeon upgrade. It goes from reroll 1's for units within 3" to reroll 1's & 2's for models within 3". I suppose you could roll DR for the models near him first, but once they are gone you lose the rerolls for the rest of their unit. Unless you spend the CP to also give them +1 DR, then they have a 4+++ rerolling 1's & 2's. And for fun give them a 5++ save from the relic. I think I just talked myself into thinking this might actually be a good thing. Back to the drawing board...

Edited by McElMcNinja

I'll at least wait for 9th before I make any list decisions. New rules and point costs can change all of it. I'm sure FW dreads will be going up in cost, since they were already on the cheaper side and can now move and shoot heavies for every faction no penalties, can't be tied up in assault and can properly protect characters now. I probably won't waste my money on the PA book and just wait for the codex, we are the oldest codex and prior to our PA the worst faction, I'm sure our codex will be an earlier release. Plus with covid and moving next month, it's not like I'll be playing anytime in the immediate future. In the mean time I got two sets of dunecrawler legs and two extra bloat drones from DI, going to convert some helbrutes.

Hahahahaha. we might have a god-killer level deamon prince now.

Daemon prince with sword have 5 attack in charge with damage 3

with a nurgle daemon detachment character in range for loci of virulence (6+ to wound = +1 damage).

psychic powers:

- Virulent blessing (+1 to wound and 7+ double the damage)

- Blade of putrefaction (+1 to wound and mortals on 7+)

stratagem:

1 cp for +3 attack with hellsword

1 cp for creeping plague (+1 damage and 6 to wound ap -4)

1 cp VOTLW (+1 to wound)

Shoot at the target to obliterate with the relic pistol (not required)

and send your nuclear bomb daemon prince:

It is 8 attacks hit on 2+ reroll

wound anything on 2+ reroll

roll of 1-2 = 4 Damage flat /attack

roll 3 = 5 Damage flat/attack

roll 4-6 = 10 Damage flat/attack + 1 mortal wound

This guy can kill 2 mortarions or 2 baneblades in one fight phase

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

If you use the strat to add 3 attacks to the sword or axe, "Soul Harvest", the target of the attacks has to be infantry, which are all weak targets anyways. So no targeting vehicles or monsters, which are the desired targets of something like that. Also Daemon Princes are monsters and not infantry, and cannot be the target of Votlw. So no dead baneblades or Mortarion.

Edited by Putrid Choir

Trying to figure out "ACCELERATED ENTROPY" strat.

Use this Stratagem before the battle. Select one PLAGUEBURST CRAWLER model from your army. Until the end of the battle, entropy cannons that model, and all friendly PLAGUEBURST CRAWLER models within 7" of that model, are equipped with have the following abilities:

‘Plague Weapon. When resolving an attack made with this weapon, a damage roll of 1 or 2 counts as 3 instead.’

So do you guys think it applies to the target PBC and any within 7" at the start of the battle for the whole battle regardless of what happens? Or is it if the target of the strat becomes more than 7" away or is destroyed, do the other PBC still retain it? I can see it going either way. My gut says the buff stays but maybe because that's how I want it to work haha. Maybe I'm over thinking the wording.

Use this Stratagem before the battle. Select one PLAGUEBURST CRAWLER model from your army. Until the end of the battle, entropy cannons that model, and all friendly PLAGUEBURST CRAWLER models within 7" of that model, are equipped with have the following abilities:

‘Plague Weapon. When resolving an attack made with this weapon, a damage roll of 1 or 2 counts as 3 instead.’

So do you guys think it applies to the target PBC and any within 7" at the start of the battle for the whole battle regardless of what happens? Or is it if the target of the strat becomes more than 7" away or is destroyed, do the other PBC still retain it? I can see it going either way. My gut says the buff stays but maybe because that's how I want it to work haha. Maybe I'm over thinking the wording.

I want it to work that no matter what the other PBC retain it but the wording says "that mdoel" and then again "7" of THAT model". I read that as the one PBC with the strategy on it (let's face it that will be the middle one of three to make sure you can reach all 3 models) is the only one with that rule and once it is destroyed you lose the buff.

Which means your opponent will target that PBC and ignore the rest.

I want it to work that no matter what the other PBC retain it but the wording says "that mdoel" and then again "7" of THAT model". I read that as the one PBC with the strategy on it (let's face it that will be the middle one of three to make sure you can reach all 3 models) is the only one with that rule and once it is destroyed you lose the buff.

Which means your opponent will target that PBC and ignore the rest.

This seems right to me. It reads like it gives the selected PBC an aura ability for the duration of the battle.