Shovellovin's Legio Praesagius

I've finally started working on Adeptus Titanicus after having the models sit in my 'pile of shame' since the game was released. The Shadow & Iron book finally pushed me into working on the models. I had debated on creating a custom Legio but decided to go with Legio Praesagius since I recently read Black Book 5 - Tempest. 

I put the legs together and started painting the model before I realized that I had assembled the thighs backwards. Disaster!

I suspect the issue was a scrap code was placed in the STC that I had for assembly which led to this unfortunate situation. 

Since I use Tamiya plastic cement I wasn't able to pry the pieces apart so I had to use a Dremel, whisper a prayer to the Omnissiah and get to work.

Here is the beginning of Dominus Lux.

pYhZcQKl.jpg

iy8hKwyl.jpg

I've only skimmed the rulebook. I've focused on reading the lore in the main AT rulebook, Titandeath and Shadow & Iron. I've magnetized the arms and shoulder mounted weapons so I can swap the loadouts. I'll stick to Praesagius' favored way of battle; long range and accurate but there may be a few black sheep in the Legio that want to get up close and personnel when fighting the Traitors. 

I'll be building a few more Warlord titans. I'm not sure if there is a Warlord only maniple or not. My buddy and I just play for fun so we aren't sticklers for the rules. I think it'd be fun to recreate the battle of the 9 Warlords on Ithraca.

More to come!

I agree @Mendi Warrior; I had thought I had everything put together correctly but mistakes happen. I’ve heard that the Reavers can be a bear. I’ll be more diligent when I get around to purchasing some. 

@Fajita Fan - the ‘Custodes’ is a conversion that I purchased from Ingrimmson on Instagram. I’ll be posting pictures in the WIP thread that I have for my custom chapter with better photos. 

Great to see a new plog appear.

As you’ve just discovered, Titan legs are tricksy - so be very careful with assembling them! The Reaver kit is particularly awkward as it contains a lot of pieces that look like they work on either side, but which actually do not. When you build your first one, check that you get the feet on the correct sides and also note that the armour plates on the lower legs are right and left handed.

I agree @Mendi Warrior; I had thought I had everything put together correctly but mistakes happen. I’ve heard that the Reavers can be a bear. I’ll be more diligent when I get around to purchasing some. 

Be sure to have a look at the different other plogs, there are quite a few tips and tricks scattered all around. I put some in mine http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/page-3

Will do, @Mendi Warrior. I like the work you're putting into your Legio.

I've been plugging away on my warlord titan. GW did an excellent job on these models. I'm really liking how my warlord is coming along. I still need to do a ton of work on it but the basic colors are just about all applied. 

6RpKC6bl.jpg

oxgZJq4l.jpg

XD4gincl.jpg
My buddy left his Mortis Warlord at my house. Thought I’d snag a picture of our two Warlords ready to face off. 

RVG7enQl.jpg
I still need to work on the base but I’m happy how this model turned out. I left room for Legio Praesagius specific decals when/if they are released. 

bOeqagil.jpg
the next Warlord in the que. I haven’t played a game of Titanicus yet but I’ve heard that multiple Warlords are not competitive; I don’t mind. I think the Warlord model looks cool and I believe that Praesagius was supposed to field a lot of the larger titans. 

clig5H5l.jpg
Another model that I’m working on. I obtained this and quite a few other models recently. 

vj8Rga1l.jpg
Reaver model WIP

Edited by Shovellovin

Lots of people think that Warlords aren't competitive. They're wrong, except for double-bellicosa warlords. Those really don't work because they overheat dreadfully and can't actually score kills since they can't target. All they're good for is killing knights.

That's an interesting warhound. It looks like it wants to bite that rhino.

Solid start! I really like the blue you've gone for especially. Is that a lighter blue sponged over a darker blue base coat?

Thank you, Dosjetka. I am painting the blue parts with Caledonia Sky, then using Drakenhoff Nightshade, then stippling Caledonia Sky back on top.

Edited by Shovellovin

Thank you, All. I made some more progress on my models.

JARsWxyl.jpg

I'm making some good progress on a Reaver

v9kii5gl.jpg

Just need to do the base on this Warlord. Like the other, I left room for Praesagius decals if they are released by ForgeWorld.

NHwCOiBl.jpg

Added a plasma gun (haven't played yet so I'm not familiar with all of the weapon names) which I like because it adds a little color variety to the model.