1750 Valorous Heart All Comers

Been trying to work on this list for a while, trying to plan towards all comers whilst still having a nasty bite and allot of staying power.

Currently I'm having to build up slowly due to still waiting on the new immolators but I didn't have it in me to convert my old ones to take heavy Bolters, the old girls served me well for many years so even with the temptation of junith from our martyred lady and my indecision in custom paint scheme orders I've decided on valorous heart due to my defensive play style and the urge to run a duel 90 sister battalion with the triumph one day.

Ive tried to consider multiple threats and ive built 2 squads as multi role objective capturing units.

Between themselves and the transport they kick out 2 melta rounds and 3D 6 heavy Flamer hits with a smattering of heavy and regular Bolter Fire which makes them versatile to face down some armour, threaten characters, monsters and hordes and can operate independently.

I'm also highly tempted to save 6's on miracle dice for overwatch meltas.

Due to some of the great new stratagems and my need for some sort of elite force I've included 5 dominions with Storm Bolters to make the most of the -2ap, 2 damage strat with my "heroine in the making" canoness with a 2+, 4+, 5+fnp and can't be wounded on 1-3's, combined with a blessed blade, ignoring ap-1 and an inferno melta pistol is a real threat at only 61 points and the rerolls for the dominion's alone I think make it a solid choice.

I've also taken a close combat threat to help me clear hordes, with this I'm running a missionary with 9 flagellants in a rhino to run upfield and ruin someone's day with trigger word strat.

Elsewhere I have 2 units of 5 seraphim with inferno pistols and Flamer pistols, one for each threat but this is down to point restrictions more than love for the Flamer pistols but can still come in handy and auto hitting.

As the burning decent strat is so cheap and they are beautiful models I wanted to be able to drop them in with Celestine and cause some trouble in cover with their robust saves.

Keeping 2 exorcists back field with my big sisters blob, rod of command canoness warlord and Imagifier with book of st Lucius to hold objectives and take care of any armoured threats.

Generating an extra md per turn as my warlord trait and sitting hopefully in cover with imagifier buffs and bubble wrap plus revive Strats should keep her going.

I was hoping to fit a sanctum for the extra me and starting cover but sadly due to the fortifications not being allowed without the detachment I don't have space to fit it and I don't want to drop to 7cp, I considered parting with the book of st Lucius but I'm unsure.

Also though order ability says it effects all models with the order keyword I'm still not 100% sure this includes vehicals and if it does I want that ignore -2 ap ability.

I have also structured the detachments to keep Celestine and the missionary out of the vanguard as they both have rules that make celestine twin girls or flagellants not take up a slot if in the same detachment.

As the sacred right I will pre select before the game choosing spirit of the marytr or Ageis of the emperor if facing heavy casting armies.

What I am looking for is any suggestions on how I may improve things or how to do things better for less, any holes in the list that you may notice or if my interpretation of the rules is incorrect please say so.

Sisters of Battle: 1750

Order: Valorous Heart

Army CP:

Battalion Detachment: 5CP

Vanguard Detachment: 1CP

Outrider Detachment: 1CP

Battle Forged Bonus: 3CP

Total CP: 10CP

Pre Game Stratagems:

Open The Reliquaries: 1CP

Heroine In The Making: 1CP

Total Pre Game CP: 8CP

Battalion Detachment:

Warlord:

Canoness:

Rod of Command:

Condemnor Boltgun:

Warlord Trait: Beacon of Faith

Missionary:

5 Sisters of Battle:

Heavy Flamer:

Melta Gun:

Inferno Pistol:

Immolator:

Immolation Flamer:

Heavy Bolter:

5 Sisters of Battle:

Heavy Flamer:

Melta Gun:

Inferno Pistol:

Immolator:

Immolation Flamer:

Heavy Bolter:

15 Sisters of Battle:

Power Sword:

Exorcist:

Exorcist Missile Launcher:

Heavy Bolter:

Exorcist:

Heavy Bolter:

Outrider Detachment:

Saint Celestine:

5 Sisters Dominion:

5 Storm Bolters:

Immolator:

Immolation Flamer:

Heavy Bolter:

5 Seraphim:

4 Hand Flamers:

5 Seraphim:

4 Inferno Pistols:

Vanguard Detachment:

Canoness:

Blessed Blade:

Inferno Pistol:

Stratagem Warlord Trait: Impervious to Pain

Stratagem Relic: Iron Surplice of Saint Istaela

9 Flagellants:

Rhino:

Storm Bolter:

2 Geminae Superia:

2 Power Swords:

Imagifier:

Litany of Deeds: Tale of the Stoic

Relic: Book of Saint Lucius

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre

I think you mean 'Meltagun' instead of 'Metal gun.'

Also, I don't think you can take a Rod of Command and a Condemnor Boltgun on a Cannoness.  It's a stupid restriction, but the Errata states it can only be taken with a Power Sword and a Plasma Pistol.  That said, you can make it a Null Rod or a Brazier of Holy Fire, as long as she also has a Chainsword (another stupid restriction,)

Edited by Mr Smith

I think you mean 'Meltagun' instead of 'Metal gun.'

Also, I don't think you can take a Rod of Command and a Condemnor Boltgun on a Cannoness.  It's a stupid restriction, but the Errata states it can only be taken with a Power Sword and a Plasma Pistol.  That said, you can make it a Null Rod or a Brazier of Holy Fire, as long as she also has a Chainsword (another stupid restriction,)

Yeh the auto correct sometimes sneaks through when trying to write 40k terms, is somewhat of a pain.

That's a shame on the condemnor boltgun but thank you for the clarification, I know that t was errataed as they designed it with none legal gear choices which is irronic but don't understand why they are so restricted in gear and it's hard to figure out from GW faq's as for some reason I can load the fan page on tablet which is what I use and every time it just loads 30% crashes and refreshes into an never ending reload cycle. :p

That's a shame on the condemnor boltgun but thank you for the clarification, I know that t was errataed as they designed it with none legal gear choices which is irronic but don't understand why they are so restricted in gear and it's hard to figure out from GW faq's as for some reason I can load the fan page on tablet which is what I use and every time it just loads 30% crashes and refreshes into an never ending reload cycle. :tongue.:

It's been a trend since Age of Sigmar was first released, and an unfortunate one.  My guess is that the Chapterhouse decision shook them harder than they let on, and they're trying to undercut third-party part makers by limiting the options only to what comes in the box.  It doesn't help that a lot of those options (or lacking options) don't make sense.

That's a shame on the condemnor boltgun but thank you for the clarification, I know that t was errataed as they designed it with none legal gear choices which is irronic but don't understand why they are so restricted in gear and it's hard to figure out from GW faq's as for some reason I can load the fan page on tablet which is what I use and every time it just loads 30% crashes and refreshes into an never ending reload cycle. :P

It's been a trend since Age of Sigmar was first released, and an unfortunate one.  My guess is that the Chapterhouse decision shook them harder than they let on, and they're trying to undercut third-party part makers by limiting the options only to what comes in the box.  It doesn't help that a lot of those options (or lacking options) don't make sense.

Your telling me, I'm just starting to realise how hard it's going to be to source inferno pistols.

Thinking just switching the power sword in the sister squad for a plasma pistol for my inferno pistol seraphim squad for a little extra bang.

Any other holes in the list you notice or does everything else work out?

Really just need to make sure my understanding of the order trait also effecting immolators etc does give them ignore -1 and 6+fnp?

Yes Order traits work on vehicles as well so woohoo :biggrin.: 

Unfortunately agree on the frustration about Cannoness builds. Would be so much fun to be able to really deck her out with gear. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the old metal Seraphim never had a separate model for Inferno pistols. Just the one for the flamers. Maybe it will be the same with the new plastics? 

Yes Order traits work on vehicles as well so woohoo :D 

Unfortunately agree on the frustration about Cannoness builds. Would be so much fun to be able to really deck her out with gear. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the old metal Seraphim never had a separate model for Inferno pistols. Just the one for the flamers. Maybe it will be the same with the new plastics?

Well that's good to know are really makes medium ap weapons much less of a threat.

That's what I'm trying to build with my blessed bolts squad with insane save canoness, a jump pack would of been a nice option.

I think your right, none on my old girls have them, I hope to god that's not the case however, surely we can have 4 in a box without rocking the boat.

Are you using legends?  Otherwise there's no option to take a 5th stormbolter on the dominion superior.

I'm still not sure I understand the power sword on the 15 woman BSS squad superior.  What is the purpose of the squad? 

Have you gotten any games in with the list yet?  What worked, what didn't?

recently noticed that as well along with the power sword and plasma pistol requirement on the rod of office canoness.

took me a dozen rereads to spot it, good eyes man.

shame but it is helping me refine for the final edit.

no legends, keeping everything to the new codex.

the 15 sister squad is there to hold back field objectives and shield my exorcists with the imagifier and canoness warlord, hoping to keep them in cover and make them a -2ap ignoring 2+ 15 sister squad.

the power sword was purely to use 4 spare points.

ive been trying to build the list but would have to use some stand ins until all the new models are avalible.

dont have everything i want to run in my old metal girls but ill see if i can get in a game this weekend against my friends custodians.

Are you using legends? Otherwise there's no option to take a 5th stormbolter on the dominion superior.

I'm still not sure I understand the power sword on the 15 woman BSS squad superior. What is the purpose of the squad?

Have you gotten any games in with the list yet? What worked, what didn't?

recently noticed that as well along with the power sword and plasma pistol requirement on the rod of office canoness.

the 15 sister squad is there to hold back field objectives and shield my exorcists with the imagifier and canoness warlord, hoping to keep them in cover and make them a -2ap ignoring 2+ 15 sister squad.

ive been trying to build the list but would have to use some stand ins until all the new models are avalible.

dont have everything i want to run in my old metal girls but ill see if i can get in a game this weekend against my friends custodians.

If you’re using the 15 ladies for screening, it might be best to split them into 3 squads of 5. Would also help fill out a battalion. Squads of 5 fit better behind LOS blocking terrain, more easily fit in cover, and also cover more of the board. Holding backfield objectives is good, but with the exorcists, imagifier and canoness it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Screening is more important, and keeping those screens alive by keeping them out of LOS/in cover is easier with 5 ladies.

Are you using legends? Otherwise there's no option to take a 5th stormbolter on the dominion superior.

I'm still not sure I understand the power sword on the 15 woman BSS squad superior. What is the purpose of the squad?

Have you gotten any games in with the list yet? What worked, what didn't?

If you’re using the 15 ladies for screening, it might be best to split them into 3 squads of 5. Would also help fill out a battalion. Squads of 5 fit better behind LOS blocking terrain, more easily fit in cover, and also cover more of the board. Holding backfield objectives is good, but with the exorcists, imagifier and canoness it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Screening is more important, and keeping those screens alive by keeping them out of LOS/in cover is easier with 5 ladies.

Been thinking the same thing, been doing a few edits and dropping 2 inferno pistols on regular sister squads and replacing them with Flamer pistols as they are a cheap useful option, adding the power sword and plasma pistol on canoness and plasma pistol on the superior in the Dominors, dropping the seraphim Flamer squad and adding a 5 sister squad, dropping the power sword on the 15 sister unit and splitting into 3 squads opening a second battalion which I think your right, is the best choice here and does allow more tactical flexibility depending on needs.

Gives me nice extra 3cp, going to finalise the edits and post the updates soon, spent most the weekend building sisters, just really need the release schedule to hurry up. :p

Ok to reworked and wrote the list to take into account the changes.

Changed a few weapon options to make the canoness rod and dominion gear choices legal.

Trimmed the inferno pistols on the superiors in immolators and swapped for Flamer pistols (6 points cheaper each, good in overwatch and horde clearing and inferno pistols are looking to be a rare part so I'm trying to avoid buying seraphim just for their pistols... When they are finally out that is), dropped 1 unit of Flamer seraphim and the geminai, split the 15 sisters squad into 3 and dropped the power sword, added a extra unit of battle sisters to open a second battalion and took a inquisitor since it doesn't mean we don't lose any benefit from being a sisters only force.

Think the new list has some staying power and teeth.

Hopefully I can get a game in this weekend coming, (currently in work) please let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions.

Also not sold on the inquisitor but for 59 points I can't see a better use.

Sisters of Battle: 1750

Order: Valorous Heart

Army CP:

1st Battalion Detachment: 5CP

2nd Battalion Detachment: 5CP

Battle Forged Bonus: 3CP

Total CP: 13CP

Pre Game Stratagems:

Open The Reliquaries: 1CP

Heroine In The Making: 1CP

Inquisitorial Mandate: 1CP

Total Pre Game CP: 10CP

1st Battalion Detachment:

Warlord:

Canoness:

Rod of Command:

Power Sword:

Plasma Pistol:

Warlord Trait: Beacon of Faith

Missionary:

5 Sisters of Battle:

Heavy Flamer:

Metal Gun:

Flamer Pistol:

Immolator:

Immolation Flamer:

Heavy Bolter:

5 Sisters of Battle:

Heavy Flamer:

Metal Gun:

Flamer Pistol:

Immolator:

Immolation Flamer:

Heavy Bolter:

5 Sisters of Battle:

Exorcist:

Heavy Bolter:

Exorcist:

Heavy Bolter:

2nd Battalion Detachment:

Saint Celestine:

Canoness:

Blessed Blade:

Inferno Pistol:

Stratagem Warlord Trait: Impervious to Pain

Stratagem Relic: Iron Surplice of Saint Istaela

5 Sisters of Battle:

5 Sisters of Battle:

5 Sisters of Battle:

5 Sisters Dominion:

4 Storm Bolters:

Plasma Pistol:

Immolator:

Immolation Flamer:

Heavy Bolter:

5 Seraphim:

4 Inferno Pistols:

9 Flagellants:

Rhino:

Storm Bolter:

Imagifier:

Litany of Deeds: Tale of the Stoic

Relic: Book of Saint Lucius

No Detachment Slot:

inquisitor:

Power Sword:

Bolt Pistol:

Psyker:

Powers:

- Smite

- Terrify

Warlord Trait: No Escape

Relic: Blade of the Ordo

Seems fine, play it and see how it goes.  Personal preference but I tend to group my weapons together, i.e. For your BSS squads I would swap out the load out to put all the meltaguns in one squad, dropping the heavy flamer/flamer pistol should free up enough points to put a combimelta on the superior making one squad melta/melta/combimelta, then keep the other BSS squad heavy flamer/flamer or stormbolter, or drop the heavy flamer completely and blow all those points on stormbolters for everyone.  Only personal preference, but I find it's generally easier to optimize squads for one task vs. trying to get one meltagun from one squad and one meltagun from another squad in range.

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but the Dominion scout move doesn't apply to the transport anymore.

I understand the appeal of set squads but I've had great success in 6th, 7th and 8th with running combi Flamer, heavy and melta gun, the melta is not meant to kill tanks but to finish them or hurt more vulnerable targets and they are good at resisting charges being multi utility.

Can't afford the combi so a Flamer pistol will have to do but I want to see how it pans out first.

Granted I did used to run dominions with melta guns in repressor so but I sold my old battle bus with the intent to upgrade in the future, that and I needed the cash. :p

I run the same number of exorcists as before and where as they could hold their own then, now they are scary, plus blind faith strat and valorous heart really add durability, I've sentially swapped my dominions for a unit of melta seraphim and my flagellants, they are a real threat, more so than mortifiers for their sheer weight of attacks and cheaper.

I'm considering doing a big block of them and seeing how things go, 100 is only 1170 points. ;)

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre