Maschinenpriester's Inquisitorial Acolytes (Kill Team) - SoB Tread

Hi Guys

I did enough lurking around here recently. Ive been busy with various Projects. I finished a lot of terrain as usual, but most Importantly I just finished the Starter Set that I was lucky enough to recieve last year.

Here a few group shots with the terrain that i recently finished as well.

IMG-6925.jpg

IMG-6931.jpg

IMG-6933.jpg

IMG-6936.jpg

IMG-6939.jpg

Here are a few closeup shots of my girls.

IMG-6943.jpg

IMG-6944.jpg

IMG-6946.jpg

IMG-6947.jpg

IMG-6950.jpg

IMG-6952.jpg

IMG-6954.jpg

IMG-6957.jpg

They where very fun to paint, and the colour scheme I chose was surprisingly easy and fast (compared to how i usually paint).

For those who are interested here is the reciepe:

Basecoat:

Black GW Primer
White airbrush zenithal
AIrbrush Basecoat - 50% Vallejo Light brown / 50% white
Airbrush Zenithal - White

Seraphim sepia wahs, then I pick up the highlights with a Q-tip

highlighting with 40% white 40% screaming skull 20% thinner and sartin varnish
last hightlight pure white and a little bit thinner and sartin varnish

Red -
mephiston red
Red wash

highlighting with mephiston red
underpainting with some gradients of orange/pink and white
painting over it with a thin coat of red again.

I hope that helps anyone who is interested.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the compliments so far.

I have been using my current spare time due to the current lockdown to work on more battle Sisters for my new army.

Here are a few pictures of them smoking out a heretical cult in the depth of the underhive.

Here a some group pictures.

IMG-7069.jpg

IMG-7040.jpg

IMG-7050.jpg

And here a few closeup shots.

IMG-7051.jpg

IMG-7043.jpg

I really like how the face of that one turned out. She has some subtle eye shadows, which give her a battle worn and tired look.she is looking a little bit upwards.

I learned a lot about painting faces here.

I am still not 100% happy with the red hair though as it is too similar to the robes. I probably have to shift it more to yellow.

IMG-7045.jpg

Here is the grenade lady, which I had especially much fun painting.

IMG-7047.jpg

The new text decals are definitely giving those scrolls a boost. I used them the first time.

IMG-7058.jpg

IMG-7060.jpg

I really enjoy how the burned face turned out on that one. I also learned a lot about painting scars and burned skin.

IMG-7062.jpg

In general I really like the new Battle Sister sculpts. They are a blast to paint. I am looking forward to more. Next will be a Female Inquisitor in Terminator armour and a retributor squad!

Dang, I am loving these. I have actually been perusing the Net for some Picks and Threads, but it feels like there are not that many New Plastic Sisters Armies painted at the Moment.

I was lucky being one of the few to receive the starter set, so I I had plenty of time figuring out an efficient way to paint them. And of course to paint the first batch.

Simple but very effective scheme! Are you planning on adding any vehicles to your growing army?

Thanks Dosjetka, I think I want to add 1-2 Exorcists in the future (But its probably going to take a while). I really love the model. I want to get some games in first though, so that i get a feeling about what I like.

Here is what I have planned in my mind so far:

1. 5 Retributors

2. Inquisitor in Terminator armour

3. Celistine

4. Seraphim

5. additional squad of battle sisters

6. 1-2 Exorcist tanks

I really love almost all the new battle sisters kits so far, so I might end up with just having one of each painted up at some point.

I think the Retributors are going to be finished by the end next week.

I just finished 4 Cerubim. And a Priest.

Here the Pictures:

IMG-7075.jpg

I removed the Powermaul from the Black Stone fortress Space pope and replaced it with a chainsword. I am not very happy with the blood effect on white. Next time I will know better.

IMG-7076.jpg

IMG-7079.jpg

The new Cerubim sculpts where fun to paint too. Especially the guy with the incense burner.

I just finished 5 Retributors and did some glamour shots with them.

here they are:

First off some group shots

IMG-7080.jpg

IMG-7081.jpg

The superior is my favorite model so far. Love the book and how she is pointing with her power maul, and the bolter over the shoulder. I cut off the stones she is standing on, and replaced it with a pile of bones i cast with blue stuff and green stuff from some fantasy bits i got from a friend a while ago.

I found it was really hard to get some focus while taking pictures...

IMG-7085.jpg

IMG-7087.jpg

IMG-7086.jpg

I built two melta ladies from the kit.

IMG-7088.jpg

Besides I built 2 heavy bolters...

IMG-7084.jpg

Lovely kit with awesome heads in there.

Once i get an additinal battle sisters pack of 10 I will try to equip them with the 2 leftver flamers. Not sure if its going to work out with the arms. They had some weird angle as far as I could tell. I would then cut off the front tip and replace it with some space marine melta bits.

First I need to see when I can get my hands on some new girls though. The local hobby shop opens next week. I ran out of sisters to paint.

Comments and critique are as usually very welcome

Not sure what will be next. I still have that inquisitor to work on.

I hope we are allowed to meet some people again soon so I can start playing my sisters.

These are excellent! Love the colour scheme and that terrain makes for a really impressive backdrop. The superior is really well executed and the power maul looks fantastic - is it malachite?

Thanks =)

Well I intended it to be a crackling power effect. I am still practicing the effect, and due to the short length of the maul it might look like malachite. Any tips how I could make it look more like a power effect? =D

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished a female Inquisitor in Terminator Armour, which is has taken command over my battlesisters force.

The feet are from the Grey Knight Terminators, the torso and arms are from Space Marine Terminators. Some modifications where made with plasticard and greenstuff.

IMG-7107-Kopie.jpg

I got inspired from the inquisitor in this comic.

qxh8248p9fiz.jpg

not 100% accurate, but it was my the first project of this kind, so I am quite happy with it s far.

Now I might be interested in kitbashing some retinue for her...

Next up are 10 more battle sisters and on exorcist tank!

I admire your work on the model, but am dumbfounded at how poorly proportioned the Terminator design is. I read the same comic books, which also portray Inquisitor Sabbathiel out of Terminator armor, and prove she's proportioned like an average human being. How do her hands even reach the Terminator armor's gauntlets? Do her elbows fit inside the Terminator armor's shoulders, and she relies on waldos to operate the gauntlets and any handheld weapons while wearing the Terminator armor?

(Space Marines don't get any slack from me, when I point out Terminator armor makes them look like deformed dwarves with arms growing from their ears. Games Workshop needs to hire more skilled artists and sculptors, to fix this.)

I admire your work on the model, but am dumbfounded at how poorly proportioned the Terminator design is. I read the same comic books, which also portray Inquisitor Sabbathiel out of Terminator armor, and prove she's proportioned like an average human being. How do her hands even reach the Terminator armor's gauntlets? Do her elbows fit inside the Terminator armor's shoulders, and she relies on waldos to operate the gauntlets and any handheld weapons while wearing the Terminator armor?

(Space Marines don't get any slack from me, when I point out Terminator armor makes them look like deformed dwarves with arms growing from their ears. Games Workshop needs to hire more skilled artists and sculptors, to fix this.)

Thank you Bjorn.

as you mentioned  terminator armor in general has issues if it comes to anatomy - even if it comes to astartes. Especially in the comic it is so overporportioned that I would think the Suit is actually controlled with some sort of neural interface. But due to the sheer overkill in bulk and size (Realism aside) it just looked so badass in my opinion so I had to try to have a try to model her.

"Arms out of ears", though not literally

EDIT: This was actually aimed at the artwork more than the model. The converted model actually suffers less from it I feel, and the problem is squarely an issue with terminator design, not the conversion for faithfully following it.

Edited by Reinhard

• 2 weeks later...

So today I finished 5 out of the 10 Battle Sisters I am currently working on.

I also finished the Exorcist's gunner. But I did not even prime the Tank yet. I also need to buy more airbrush paints, as I am slowly running out of supplies.

Here are some Pictures of the new entries in my army. I am slowly reaching the 1000 points! :yes:

Here as usual, a little group shot with my most recent terrain.

IMG-7112.jpg

I will run the ladies below with my retributors, which will complete the squads of 4 multi meltas and 4 heavy bolters.

I used 2 Heavy flamers and cut the tips off and repaced them with the tips of some space marine multi meltas I had around and cannot use fr my emperor's children for reasons.

IMG-7113.jpg

IMG-7117.jpg

This is one of the two superiors I built, but I intend to use her as a Canoness right now.

IMG-7118.jpg

I am most proud of this one. The face turned out pretty nice, and I learned a lot again. The pose has been achieved by chopping and regluing some arms I had leftover from all those kits.

IMG-7119.jpg

The pose is loosely based on this meme some of you might know.

960x600-come-at-me-heretic.jpg

Next up are five more sisters which I allready have Primed and airbrushed with a basecoat. After that will be the Exorcist tank.

I also have two additinal arms - a stormshield and a stormbolter -  for my Inquisitor on my workbench.

I intend to use the Inquisitor counts as Hector Rex once and a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished 5 more Basic infantry models today.

Here first up a group shot with some terrain as usual:

IMG-7133.jpg

Here are two normal bolter-sisters. I think I need to make even more ot those, as I have plenty of special weapons so far...

IMG-7128.jpg

I als finished two more stormbolters, brining the count up to five. The plan is waiting for that start collecting to drop to get some cheap reinfrcements, and bringing up my count to 6. This would also solve the problem with having not enough normal bolters.

IMG-7129.jpg

I als finished ne more sister with simalcrum. Amazing sculpt, and very work intensive to paint... I have 3 of those now... I assume I am going to use one as an Imagifier in the future...

IMG-7124.jpg

I guess I have enough Infantry for now. Once I finished that Exorcist tank I am over 1000 Points finally. Before I buy anything more, i am going to wait for 9th to drop,..

I am pretty burnt out on Infantry for now. I am looking forward to paint that tank, but really need to figure out how to do It, as it is the first really big model (exept terrain of course) that I ever painted...