Maschinenpriester's Inquisitorial Acolytes (Kill Team) - SoB Tread

I just finished my first Exorcist tank. I wonder how people have the patience to even paint 3 of those....

wow what a ride.

That was my first tank I ever painted. I have learned a lot!

I did not glue the exhausts on yet because I am thinking of adding more weathering.

I am wondering if I should add some blackened area around it. I would do that by spraying nuln oil through an airbrush. Any thoughts or tips about that?

Here are some pictures of the Exorcist Tank

IMG-7134.jpg

IMG-7136.jpg

IMG-7140.jpg

IMG-7138.jpg

I definitely enjoyed working on this. It took me about a week to paint, but I don't feel like doing anther one right now.

This was my last project I had int he pipeline for now. (exept two additional arms for my Inquisitor)

I am waiting for 9th edition to unfold now and see what I want to work on next.

My guess would be It is going to be either repentias / arco flaggelants or seraphim / zeraphym as I love the models.

I also would like to have a Celestine.

• 4 months later...

I have finished another Project that was on my list. The Celestine and her bodyguards.

I also made a few Objectives recently. I am showing the Sisters specific ones here.

I had fun painting my first mainly gold mini. I used Vallejo liquid gold, and agrax earthshade wash for the gold. I am quite pleased with how the gold turned out.

The Celestine Itself was quite a hassle to build, because I painted it in may sub-assemblies, and they where kind of hard to glue together because everything is floating and all the bits needed to be held in place for a while.

As usual, I did a group shot first with some scenery.

IMG-7143.jpg

Here the Celestine in its full glory.

IMG-7149.jpg

And her bodyguards.

IMG-7154.jpg

And the two Sisters specific objectives I made from some leftover bits, Plasticard and some Stevalin I cast and smashed after.

IMG-7159.jpg

Not sure what Project Ill do next. I have some terrain I still need to paint up and some non Sisters Projects.

Regarding Sisters Ill probably wait till I get a few games in to determine which way I want to continue the Army.

I think Ill definitely getting some seraphim, as I love the models a lot.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

• 2 months later...

I recently finished some reinforcements, even though i took quite the break from painting for a bit, because my wife surprised me with Cyberpunk and I got a bit addicted for a while.

But now I am back to painting!

I finished 10 Arco Flagelants which I grabbed in my local store before the new lockdown happened again.

Here a group shot of the guys and gals with some terrain as usual. I experimented with darker skin tones here the first time and I am quite fond of the result.

IMG-7177.jpg

Here a closeup of a smaller group to show off some more details.

IMG-7181.jpg

The Arco Flagelants have also seen battle with my full army the first time. They packed quite the punch against a full blob of necron warriors.

I also finished 5 Seraphim, which you can see here:

Group shot with terrain:

IMG-7167.jpg

And one closeup of a seraphim which i especially like. I guess because the scar on her face turned out quite satisfactory and it gives her lots of character.

IMG-7164.jpg

They are all magnetized, so I can use them to bolster up the 5 seraphim which came without special weapons in the starter set as either inferno pistols, hand flamers, or even just with bolt pistols to make a big blob of 10. For those who are Interested in the technical details. I used 1.5 x 2 mm magnets and magnetized at the Joint between glove and arm, which worked quite well, drilling in the glove is a bit tricky though, because they is quite fragile.

In the pictures you can also see my new kill team mat I made from acrylic caulking!

Next up is a squad of Zeraphim, which is allready on the painting table. This is where I sourced the additional guns from!

I also ordered a squad of repentia, but who knows when those are going to arrive. =D

This is a fantastic army.

Love the Terminator conversion too. It's too bad only Ordo Malleus can take Terminator armour; obviously she can still join as an Agent, but Sisters are so connected to Hereticus that they are always my first choice.

Great work!

Thanks Pentinent one. I gladly would have chosen ordo heretics, if I could have gone for terminator Armour. But unfortunately GW did not give us that option for reasons. So I had to go with malleus.

One advantage is that their 5++ psychic power goes very well with the arco flaggelants.

• 1 month later...

Greetings loyal servants of the god emperor,

I have finished a Zeraphym squad yesterday. Today I had the time to take some photos with a new display board that I also finished recently. It's dimensions fit exactly into my display case. So I hopefully never have to buy another one. :biggrin.:

Here a group shot of my new squad:

IMG-7182.jpg

The leader:

IMG-7193.jpg

IMG-7195.jpg

I especially enjoyed painting the flag here. This was the first flag I have ever painted so far. I have a second one which will make a fine objective soon.

IMG-7192.jpg

IMG-7198.jpg

I hope you like it. comments and critique are always welcome.

I am still strugeling with photography, as I feel I still do not achieve what I aim to achieve. This time I think the photos focus came out well but maybe they are a tad too brigth? Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to best photograph minis in an environment (So not in a sterile photo box)?

Here a photo of my new display board, which also will be used for future photo ops, until I build something new.

IMG-7204.jpg

Next up will be 9 Repentias and a Superior/ Palatine/ Canoness, which i made out of the Repentia Superior. I have a game planned in the end of march. I hope, that I will be finished with them in time.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I have been able to finish a Repentia Squad!

Today I found the time to take some glamour shot of these repenting warriors.

I have broken them up into groups of tree this time to show them all off in the same focus.

IMG-7214.jpg

IMG-7216.jpg

IMG-7218.jpg

Pretty happy with how they turned out. I liked this model the most:

IMG-7211.jpg

Its not necessarily about the paint job, but more about how it looks and how it is based on an old codex artwork.

I hope you like them. I had a lot of fun painting them as usual. The new Sisters sculpts are flatout amazing.

Now I have painted everything I planned on painting from the start. But this does not mean I am going to stop now. It seems I have successfully preordered a box of Piety and Pain. So next up will be some more Retributors, some Battlesisters to make use of all the heavy weapons (And of course i need more sisters still), the Immolator Tank, and of course the new Palatine sculpt. I am interested to see how that stained glass window will turn out.

As Germany is going into one of the hardest lockdowns there ever was so far, I guess i'll have lots of time to paint and no gaming time at all. My paint rack is prepared, paints and primer are all in stock. Now I just need to wait for new minis to turn up at my door.

• 3 months later...

I have finally finished my half of the piety and pain box I split with my brother.

In addition I painted the Repentia Superior up as a Canoness.

May hobby progress has slowed in the last few weeks and is going to be much slower now because I became a father last week.

I also made another mini display board to take pictures with from leftovers I had lying around. I made additional adapter plates, so I can use them with the display board I allready have for Kill team. This will be displayed in another thread though as soon as I find the time to take some pictures of the setup.

First a group shot of the ladies as usual:

isb6nym9.jpg

The Immolator, which is fully magnetzied including the Hunter Killer Missle. Besides the turret and the heavy bolter are still movable.

It was a blast to paint like all the other Sororitas minis have been so far.

f423r8hf.jpg

Closeup of the interior:

bkexhxep.jpg

The Retributors have been equipped with Heavy Melters, some of them I converted from the heavy flamers with leftover Heavy Melter Tips from the SM Devastator kit.

vs4mdtvh.jpg

i553dfvd.jpg

The Superior which is fully magnetized as well:

ithwyllf.jpg

The Palatine:

ztl9ys4k.jpg

Canoness (Former Repentia Superior)

h8cocln7.jpg

Next up are Morven Wahl, and 3 Paragon Warsuits, which I have already prepared for priming. Also I have a box of 10 more Battle sisters on my hobby desk.

I cant say yet how long it will be till my next Update. I hope you like what you see so far.

Nice work. But also, Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying it.

Thank you, It's a big change and lots of sleep deprevation but it is fulfilling. :happy.:

what's your recipie for the white?

My original recipe can be seen on my fist post. I have however refined it since then.

After Priming I use an airbrush with the following mixtures:

1. Zenithal Highlight - Vallejo Model Air White

2. 2 Parts Vallejo model Air White; 6 Parts Vallejo Model Air Light Brown; 1 Part AK Interative Transparator (Acrylic medium)

3. Slightly Wider zenithal - 3 Parts Vallejo model Air White; 1 Parts Vallejo Model Air Light Brown; 1 Part AK Interative Transparator (Acrylic medium) (Optional if you want to speed it up)

4. Final Zenithal Highlight - Vallejo Model Air White

After that I finish all other areas of the mini and then do the armour last. For this I go in with a brush. I Highly recommend using a wet palette for this.

1. Seraphim Sepia Wash -> Remove at highlighted areas with a q-tip

2. 3 Parts Screaming skull; 1 Part Vallojo Model colour White; 1 Part Vallejo Thinner Medium on wet pallet -> Going over most non recessed areas

3. Highlights 1 Parts Screaming Skull; 3 Parts Vallojo Model colour White; 1 Part Vallejo Thinner (Optional if you want to speed it up)

4. Finally highlighting with 6 Parts Vallojo Model colour White; 1 Part Vallejo Thinner 1 Part Vallejo Satin Varnish (this makes the white smoother to work with)

You can apply a second layer of white to define volumes and edge highlights.

at first it sounds a bit much maybe, but if you do Batchpainting it goes rather quickly I find.

I hope it helps.

• 3 months later...

I have finished Morvenn Vahl and 3 Paragon Warsuits which are fully magnetized (Exept i did not care about the storm bolter because it is ugly as heck).

As you might have noticed It took me a tad longer to finish stuff this time. But I found my groove I think. I also have a painting buddy (also a young father) now who I am teaching to paint once and a while. This also slowed me down a bit because I just painted a bunch of Tsons with him. But its nice to have someone in the neighborhood enjoying the same hobby.

I just had time to take some photos. I hope you enjoy:

Morvenn Vahl which I painted a while ago. I had fun painting the gold. It somehow did not turn out as nice as the gold at the celistine. I have no idea why. But I am still happy with the outcome considering my limited paintingtime recently.

IMG-7498.jpg

Then we got a group shot of the Warsuits. CCWs and guns are magnetized for easy list biulding.

I enjoyed painting them. The massive amount of trim reminded me of my CSM. I tried to convert them and give them a similar skirt like morvenn has but my sculpting skill are almost non-existant so I called the operation off after 2 trys.

IMG-7501.jpg

Here we got the Superior

IMG-7504.jpg

Paragon Warsuit no. 2:

IMG-7505.jpg

Paragon Warsuit no. 3:

IMG-7508.jpg

And a final group shot

IMG-7510.jpg

Recently I have not played a lot of 40k. I mainly play the new kill team. It will take some time till I am able to try the warsuits, since last time I somewhat blew my regular oponent off the table with the new battle sisters dex and I feel I need to play my Emperors Children next time to tone It down a little. So Ill Try to finish some of my EC stuff till the next game.

Next Up for the Sisters are 11 regular Sisters with various weapons, and a Preacher (Zelot with an eviscerator)

After that I am planning on getting some celestian Sarcesants (Not sure if one or 2 Boxes though) and a hospitaller. This will keep my Pile of shame at a minimum for the forseeable future.

• 3 months later...

I have managed recently to add a Preacher and 4 additional Bolter SIsters to my army.

This was necessary after the new codex dropped and my listst which feature a bunch of special and heavy weapons became illegal.

Here my brand new preacher Zelot who is going to run around with my arco flaggelants.

I am really happy with how she turned out. It was a nice project doing something else then white or purple armour.

gallery_97882_17345_323257.jpg

And here a bunch of bolter weilding BSS. Nothing special. But they have been a nice relaxation after a long day of working and renovating the house for hours.

gallery_97882_17345_772851.jpg

gallery_97882_17345_329436.jpg

Next up is the superior, and the simulcrum and I assume some heavy flamer sisters.