Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wolf vs the Beast 9th March...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
717 replies to this topic

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Depending on the price, I may purchase this box set. I don’t have any Orks or Space Wolves so it’d be happy with the contents. 

Shame that there isn’t a dedicated Primaris melee unit. I think such a unit would make more sense to combine with Ragnar since he is only armed with a chainsword and bolt pistol

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

Nice ;)

• 01RTB01 and Bev'an like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

wolves confirmed to get doctrines

Where do you see this ? I can't find any info on the preview.
its in the preview video

Says brought in line with others by getting doctrines. Am going to overread it and say that Wolves dont get unique doctrines

Vardus

Vardus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Faction: In flux!

Quick maths, Blood of the Phoenix was £222.50 retail for separate kits, down to £140 for the box, a saving of 37% or thereabouts. Prophecy of the Wolf is £90.50 + £25 for Ragnar and £40 for Ghaz and Makari (guessing these!) for £155.50 retail give around £97 with the same discount, so probably £100 for the box. What do you think?

KEEP CALM and Fortify Terra

UniWolf

UniWolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves

Will there even be a SW upgrade sprue in the box? doesn't look like there is anything on the infiltrators/incursors that is particularly SWesq. Although three of the models have runes on their helmets, most likely transfers but could be new upgrade sprue? (always wanting more than being offered biggrin.png )

Sometimes by losing a battle you find a way to win the war

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

Yeah, I'm going to need it to be Monday so we can start getting some grot clan previews right about now

• XIXWYRMEXIX likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Will there even be a SW upgrade sprue in the box? doesn't look like there is anything on the infiltrators/incursors that is particularly SWesq. Although three of the models have runes on their helmets, most likely transfers but could be new upgrade sprue? (always wanting more than being offered :D )

Those runes look painted on, as they are uneven, and decal from the SW decal sheet. so I would assume no upgrade kit. So standard infiltrator kit then.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

Will have the pricing tomorrow.

• PiñaColada, Dark Shepherd and WrathOfTheLion like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

Will have the pricing tomorrow.

Hopefully not too crazy, I don't want to spend all my toilet paper money on this! :P 

• PJ1933, Larkyn, Iron Father Imeran Byon and 1 other like this

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts

I was given wrong info when I posted about it not being a box and given the source I hope they were correct in saying zero chance of another £140 box. The talk is max price point for boxes of £100-110 but prices should be known by stores early this week.

The BotP box price and 'not happening again any time soon' I have heard from two different sources so hopefully this will be around £100 or it may price me out until Ghaz is released later

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Great box but somehow feel the orks have a bit of an advantage in terms of power!
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts

Quick maths, Blood of the Phoenix was £222.50 retail for separate kits, down to £140 for the box, a saving of 37% or thereabouts. Prophecy of the Wolf is £90.50 + £25 for Ragnar and £40 for Ghaz and Makari (guessing these!) for £155.50 retail give around £97 with the same discount, so probably £100 for the box. What do you think?

If Ghaz is only 40 he is really cheap for a big character as a redemptor is 40 and same sized. Guilliman is smaller at 38. I imagine he is going to be 50-60 looking at other characters in AoS (doesn't seem to be a 40k equivalent).
  • Triszin and Dark Shepherd like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
Hmmm. Likely around £80 at my FLGS then. Flog Ragnar off to bring that down to about £60, maybe keep the Primaris for my slow burn Ultras. Would be an easy yes except for the fact that next month is AdMech month...

Excited to see what the book brings though! Haven’t bought a PA yet but might end up with this AND Engine War.

OtherBarry

OtherBarry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Orkz

Pretty peeved that Orks finally get the new model for our 'Primarch' and he's not even on the cover of the dang book. Oh and a space marine captain solo'd him.

• Warhead01 likes this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
If it makes you feel better that box set is really skewed value wise to the orks

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
It's basically an Ork starter set that comes with some free Space Wolves lol

-~Ishagu~-

The Wolf Time has come 6th

The Wolf Time has come 6th

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
The price is big I am getting a limited edition saga of the beast for the stories and really only want Ragnar. Though the idea of putting that fat Orcs head in his hand make me want the whole box

Edited by The Wolf Time has come 6th, 15 March 2020 - 11:28 PM.

• WrathOfTheLion likes this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

The price composition from my calculations in USD is 60/40 Orks to SW. I'd assume it's somewhere around Wrath and Rapture or Shadowspear price wise.

If Ghaz is more than $60, or Roboute Guilliman's price, then Orks become more than 60% of the price composition of the box.

I think it couldn't go over shadowspear, which was $170 USD. There has to be some incentive for SW players to get it. If it's $200 or more in USD, then it is no discount at all for them and there's no incentive to purchase it. Even if imbalanced in composition, I would think they need to still have perceived value for the SW side.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 16 March 2020 - 02:22 AM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Pretty peeved that Orks finally get the new model for our 'Primarch' and he's not even on the cover of the dang book. Oh and a space marine captain solo'd him.

Didn't solo this..ahem...upgrade.

Which explains why his rules basically eat smash captains alive.

Edited by Lemondish, 16 March 2020 - 12:23 AM.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 492 posts

Ghaz alone is probably half the box value, if not more. A character model of that size will be expensive.

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Man, how are you gonna split this box with a buddy, who pays what?

Warbringer

Warbringer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts
  • Faction: Orks and Salamanders

I think based on what i believe the costs to be of the bits inside - 60 Orks :40 Wolves?

Ragnar £25

Primaris Infiltrators £35

Meganobz £38

Ork Nobz £17.50

Ghaz £37.50

Based Ghaz on Abbadon and Guillimans cost, Ragnar on Shrike.

Edited by Warbringer, 16 March 2020 - 08:49 AM.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
I think Ghaz will be more like Redemptor price than Guilliman.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Warbringer

Warbringer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts
  • Faction: Orks and Salamanders

That's like £40 rather than £37.50 so could be right would make it more like 61.2%

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,222 posts

I think Ghaz will be more like Redemptor price than Guilliman.

£40 vs £37.50 is not a big difference. The bottom line is that 60:40 is a reasonable price split for the box based on the RRP of the units inside. And if you can't find a buddy to agree then eBay will likely be full of box splitters.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users