Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wolf vs the Beast 9th March...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
717 replies to this topic

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,157 posts
Wolves as wargear would make us all giddy.

Plus at €25, up from 20 a year ago, for 5, who come in only 2 or 3 parts, the margin on Fenrisian Wolves must be pretty good

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts

Maybe he doesn't have his wolves cause they die saving him from Ghaz giving time for his brothers to pull him to safety.

I feel like that's actually the plot. Rags shows up, fights Ghaz, gets his backside stomped on. Near death, he crosses the Rubicon, then goes back as Super Ragnar and fights to a standstill while something happens off stage that makes Ghaz leave. Wolves win by default.
Hmmm why do I feel like I already read this one before?

5-6 times now...

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Maybe he doesn't have his wolves cause they die saving him from Ghaz giving time for his brothers to pull him to safety.

I feel like that's actually the plot. Rags shows up, fights Ghaz, gets his backside stomped on. Near death, he crosses the Rubicon, then goes back as Super Ragnar and fights to a standstill while something happens off stage that makes Ghaz leave. Wolves win by default.
Hmmm why do I feel like I already read this one before?

5-6 times now...

Time is a flat circle.

• The_Chaplain likes this

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts

Wolves as wargear would make us all giddy.

Plus at €25, up from 20 a year ago, for 5, who come in only 2 or 3 parts, the margin on Fenrisian Wolves must be pretty good

Be like old times I used the old old dire wolves in third
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

From a SW Facebook group. I tagged Kirioth and Valrak on Twitter to see if they could verify it:

lDhjnrs.jpg

• Karhedron and Krakendoomcool like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,618 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Well I have to see these primaris infiltrators with the shoulder mounted weapons. Might have to get this box to convert into my personal wulfen wolflord and his wulfen bloodclaw pack.

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

New Meganobz?!?!?!

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,268 posts
Ragnar and new Infiltrators?

giphy.gif
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

New Meganobz?!?!?!

Probably not.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,983 posts

From a SW Facebook group. I tagged Kirioth and Valrak on Twitter to see if they could verify it:
lDhjnrs.jpg

O.o
Assault focused primaris? Be still me heart
banana

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

lDhjnrs.jpg

O.o
Assault focused primaris? Be still me heart

Arguably we already have assault focused Primaris with Incursors and Reivers. It's just no one really likes them as assault choices.

• Panzer likes this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,831 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

So 6 months until the next Primaris wave which also means the bikes and Land Speeder, I wonder what else this new unit is armed with.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,157 posts
So this box is Alien v Predator??
  • Iron Father Ferrum and Spinsanity like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

Kinda weird for Meganobz to be there, with the other stuff being new. Even Blood of the Phoenix had two new kits for each side along with the old stuff. It'd be strange, even by GW standards, to not give the Orks another kit in the box if Marines are also getting one. And no, as much as I love him, Makari doesn't really cut it.

But I guess there's the possibility that this person, even if correct, didn't get the whole info and what they describe is just part of the box. again, even Blood of the Phoenix had more stuff in it, there could be surprises.

Edited by DeadFingers, 04 March 2020 - 10:11 PM.

• Black Blow Fly and Bryan Blaire like this

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Maybe/hopefully he left out the "new" when describing the meganobz

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,613 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
I would think more is left out if accurate.

10 marines and an HQ would also be too light on the SW side.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 04 March 2020 - 10:19 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,021 posts
I wonder if we're getting an upgrade sprue new infiltrators seems like a weird choice.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

Maybe/hopefully he left out the "new" when describing the meganobz

Of all the things in the Orks range that need an update, Meganobz are not even close to being one of them.

The only thing I can imagine if they're the only unit in the Ork side of the box for whatever reason is them being fancy unique sculpts, or Mega-meganobz, but I doubt that.

Edited by DeadFingers, 04 March 2020 - 10:29 PM.

• Black Blow Fly and betrayer41 like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,753 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Maybe they just cut the bloat and only have the new stuff to keep the box price down. Blood of the Phoenix is still sitting around or parted out for individual sale on the net. Would be a smart move to keep old kits out to move stock. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

The only thing I'd want on the meganob front is a way for newer players to get a mega armoured big mek without also buying 2 meganobs that are literally unusable unless you buy another (quite expensive) box of them

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,753 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

The only thing I'd want on the meganob front is a way for newer players to get a mega armoured big mek without also buying 2 meganobs that are literally unusable unless you buy another (quite expensive) box of them

Surely that would warrant a separate character box at the higher price characters are these days if there was a new mek sculpt. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts
I'll take discount meganobz as I don't have any at current. Themey for ghaz too as his bully boyz.

Guess we'll see Monday...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts

Surely that would warrant a separate character box at the higher price characters are these days if there was a new mek sculpt.

Two boxes would be worth it for 5 meganobz and a kff mek.

That said, I don't believe we'll see ghaz in a battle box. He's huuuuuuge.

That said, regardless of what's he in, he's coming. Just need to decide what'll be in his supreme command detachment. (Refuse a full Goff detachment)
Hidden Content

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

Tooth and Claw had a Redemptor in it, and I'd wager Ghaz is about the same size.

Yeah Ghaz is a lot more important than a nameless Dread, and it'd be like putting Abaddon or Guilliman in a boxset, but I don't think size is the main factor that'll determine if he's in a boxset or not.

Like you said, I guess we'll see.

Edited by DeadFingers, 04 March 2020 - 11:26 PM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,079 posts

Tooth and Claw had a Redemptor in it, and I'd wager Ghaz is about the same size.

Yeah Ghaz is a lot more important than a nameless Dread, and it'd be like putting Abaddon or Guilliman in a boxset, but I don't think size is the main factor that'll determine if he's in a boxset or not.

Like you said, I guess we'll see.

You make a very fair point :)

Most excited I've been for PA reveals yet
Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users