So with my vow for March of the Machines, here's my Iron Hands progress thread!
I got started with the Iron Hands with the Codex Supplement. I've enjoyed them in the HH novels, and the Supplement favored big guns (yay), is totally metal, and my partner insisted on me getting and painting Iron Father Ferrios because they love the model that much and well, why stop there?
I've gotten almost a thousand points painted so far, with a pretty quick and easy technique:
1. Prime black.
2. Coat of Abaddon Black
3. Leadbelcher for joints, gun gubbins, vents, and similar.
4. Iron Hands Steel for, uh, iron hands, aquilas, and similar decorations (I am being very stingy with gold in this army)
5. Nuln Oil on the Leadbelcher
6. Clean up the Abaddon Black from the above steps
7. Careful drybrush with Necron Compound, they key being not just catching edges but ever so lightly buffing the flat and especially curved surfaces, giving a slight metallic sheen to the black
Draw the rest of the owlAll the spot and detail colors and the basing
9. Matte spray
10. Another coat of Iron Hands Steel over those elements
11. Nuln Oil Gloss recess shade on all the Iron Hands Steel
12. Stormhost Silver highlights on the Iron Hands Steel and as an extreme edge highlight for the black armor
A few examples of already done models before getting into the pledge progress:
Gravis Captain as the initial test:
Intercessors and Primaris Lt.:
Redemptor (weapons are magnetized):
Ahead of the curve witht he auto bolt rifle Intercessors (Sister was prep for LVO KT demos):
Impulsor (first of many):