Do modern power packs look okay on RT Marines?

• 1 month later...

This one?

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/1/1a/Leman_and_Wulluffs.jpg

I also have that model hidden away in the loft (again without the backpack). Beautiful model. From memory, the RT plastic backpack sprue was same scale, and the second edition sprue (with bolters and knives?) is about half way between RT and today’s scale. Not sure that will help much though, those are also hard to find.

If I have some spare time this afternoon maybe I’ll try to find it and mock it up for you.

Edited by LameBeard

Cut off the nozzles, remove the little collar that sits between the nozzle and the pack, then glue the nozzles back on straight to the pack to narrow it a bit. If you sand the nozzles down at an angle they will be a little skinnier and point back a little bit instead.  I did this trying to graft modern power packs to Sisters of Silence before the plastic sisters came out, they're in a box somewhere and it makes the pack look a little smaller. 

You could also cut the wolf head nozzles off a modern SW powerpack and use a 30k HH powerpack.  Usually people are trying to truescale models to make them bigger, this is funnier trying to cut things down to make them smaller :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

3e+ Oldmarine power packs look OK on 2e pewter models, but anything newer than 2e stuff will look oversized on RT models.  Don't even think about using Primaris stuff.

I mean, regular Primaris power packs are the same size as regular Firstborn power packs nowadays.

3e+ Oldmarine power packs look OK on 2e pewter models, but anything newer than 2e stuff will look oversized on RT models.  Don't even think about using Primaris stuff.

I mean, regular Primaris power packs are the same size as regular Firstborn power packs nowadays.

Dimensionwise, maybe.  Appearance-wise they are a lot more bulky.