2500pt Alpha Legion listing for comment

RoadRunna

Below is a listing that I have put together based upon the models that I have and a few potential purchases if the list stacks up.  My intention would be to have Skorr use his infiltration Warlord ability to infiltrate himself + terminators + seeker squad (in Landraider) + seeker squad (in Landraider) into advantageous field position while the two Vet squads would be arriving turn one. 

Seekers with CombiPlasma and Preferred enemy to take out an enemy squad each after surviving any turn 1 shooting should the army be going second by hiding in their landraiders.  

Vets then both arrive Turn 1 (one by Deepstrike and the other by Subterranean assault)  to take out enemy armour using MeltaCombis and MachineKiller ability.

Terminators to take out anything else.

Landraiders to fire upon anything else.

Due to infiltration being granted by Skorr, the army can have counter-attack to withstand any charge by the enemy after they disembark their transports.

Mutable tactic - Counter-attack

Pride of the Legion

Autilon Skorr - Pwr Axe (m/craft) / Arti Armour/ Refractor Field

Exodus 'The Assassin'

9 Legion Terminator Squad Power Dagger Plasma blaster Powerfist x 5 ChainFist x3

Veteran Tac Squad (10 man)   5 x CombMelta Pwr Weapon X 2 MeltaGun Sgt Arty Armour PowerFist (Sgt) Pwr Dagger  Drop Pod  Vet tactic - Machinekiller  

Veteran Tac Squad (10 man)   5 x CombMelta Pwr Weapon X 2 MeltaGun Sgt Arty Armour PowerFist (Sgt) Pwr Dagger  Termite  Vet tactic - Machinekiller

Legion Assault Squad Pwr Axe Sgt Artificer Armour Pwr Dagger PwrFist Mutable tactic - Counter-attack

Fast Attack

Legion Seeker Squad (10 Man)   Combi-plasma x10 Sgt Arty Armour Proteus - dedicated transport  
Legion Seeker Squad (10 Man)   Combi-plasma x10 Sgt Arty Armour Proteus - dedicated transport  

Your Vets wont arrive both at turn one.

Subterrean Assault countsas Deep Strike too, so you have to roll for one of them in turn 2.

Subterranean assault and the drop pod assault explicitly are independent of each other, as described in the Subterranean Assault rule. So both pod and drill would be arriving turn 1.

How are you getting a single drop pod in the list ?

Cadmus

Ummm... the vet squad takes it as a dedicated transport.

Not sure why the question?

Drop pods can't be taken as dedicated transports outside of certain rites of war such as Orbital Assault (or certain units). Edited by Darkwrath121

I’m decidedly against taking vets, there are much better options for the ridiculous points cost of them. For one squad of vets outfitted like you have them, you can almost take two tactical squads with arti SGT.

You have a whole lot of expensive units with one wound in 3+ armor in a game where AP 3 is rather common.

I’m decidedly against taking vets, there are much better options for the ridiculous points cost of them. For one squad of vets outfitted like you have them, you can almost take two tactical squads with arti SGT.

You have a whole lot of expensive units with one wound in 3+ armor in a game where AP 3 is rather common.

True but vets are just so cool with all their upgrades

It’s like running sternguard and vanguard together in one unit

• 2 weeks later...

couple problems, from my perspective.:

• exodus isn't a good enough assassin to justify the points, unfortunately.  the best he can offer is maybe plinking away at apothecaries - he doesn't have the firepower to take out named characters efficiently.
  • you're spending a ton of points in your vet squads given that you're intending to deep strike them behind enemy lines - they will almost certainly wiped out after a single round of fire.  i would consider bare bones support squads instead.
  • even with counter attack i would not anticipate being able to withstand a charge from an assault oriented legion (world eaters, blood angels, emperor's children, etc.) - you just don't have skillset (or the bodies) to compete.
  • you have a lot of squads here, meaning it is very likely you're going to give up the martial hubris VP.
  • you have no anti air and not very much that can threaten ceramited AV14.  certainly nothing that can threaten a flare shielded spartan.
  • your terminators are good for holding an objective but i wouldn't expect they could do much offensively without a transport, even with infiltrate.
  • i can't figure out what the assault squad is there for, but i would urge you to consider bringing some additional armor as a replacement.  maybe a sicaran or a scorpius?