Need advice on ITC lists

Hello faithful of the God Emperor,

As a Black Templar's player I have been working on lists for years to try and compete with the meta that exists out there. This year, Sisters of Battle with join my ranks of the faithful, to destroy the enemies of mankind. I regularly compete in ITC regulated tournaments, be it GT's or RTT's, and I am trying to get a list created to play with this year. I have read through the book, watched just about every video, and read every blog I could manage to find. I want to know the best units and stratagems that work well for the army in that type of format. Any help you wise folks can provide me I would appreciate. 

Thanks,

Valourous Heart Spearhead or Battalion.

Canoness w/plasma pistol/power sword to unlock rod of office

Imagifier w/tale of the stoic

3x exorcists with missiles

Optionally add 3x 5 BSS and a second HQ to make it a battalion.

After that you’ll need to season to taste, either more valourous heart or detachments from other convictions. Inquisitors are also useful as you won’t lose sacred rites but gain access to toolbox psychic powers. Assassins are another easy option (psychic denial from culexus or character sniping from the vindicare, although there is a whole load of fun in mulching through units with an eversor).

The strategems in the book are a swiss army knife and depend on what you’re taking in the rest of the list. The units and convictions in the codex can really be tailored to fit any playstyle. The only auto-includes are probably the models above which provide a solid anchor. After that it’s really up to you to experiment with what works best for your style of play.

Tl:dr Play some games.

Edited by bkde

After that you’ll need to season to taste, either more valourous heart or detachments from other convictions. Inquisitors are also useful as you won’t lose sacred rites but gain access to toolbox psychic powers. Assassins are another easy option (psychic denial from culexus or character sniping from the vindicare, although there is a whole load of fun in mulching through units with an eversor).

The strategems in the book are a swiss army knife and depend on what you’re taking in the rest of the list. The units and convictions in the codex can really be tailored to fit any playstyle. The only auto-includes are probably the models above which provide a solid anchor. After that it’s really up to you to experiment with what works best for your style of play.

Are the sacred rites worth keeping or is that something you would say it would be fine to give up to bring another army to support it or to mix and match the orders?

Are the sacred rites worth keeping or is that something you would say it would be fine to give up to bring another army to support it or to mix and match the orders?

Yes, no, maybe. Honestly depends on your playstyle, the map layout, the mission conditions.

Personally I love the +1 to advance/charge sacred rite because it pairs well with my argent shroud models. In my other list I like the flexibility of bringing in an assassin.

There is no right or wrong answer. Try out both, see what you like.

There is no right or wrong answer. Try out both, see what you like.

What?! Reasonable and non hyperbolic advice?? I love it.

I like keeping the sacred rites, namely + 1 to advance/charge because I play Bloody Rose. But then, I am not very competitive and rarely play ITC. BKDE gave the vest advice

Edit: Bkde, after reading this I realized it could be taken to mean that I think you give unreasonable, and hyperbolic opinions. Not at all, I just really liked your post. Hope I didn’t offend.

Edited by Rasp

Bkde has the right of it, our strongest options are our anti armour.

If your considering blobs our sisters under valorous heart are almost impossible to shift with an imagifier when in cover and if a hospitlar is near by you can ignore casualties in moral tests for all units in 6 for 1cp.

Seraphim with inferno pistols are a solid choice for 4 meltas on a 83 point squad with those upgrades and the 1cp extended range strat.

Also dominions for 58 points can take 5 girls with 4 storm Bolters, blessed bolts for 1 cp makes them damage and ap2, very lethal against Primaris but need a transport.

Immolators are a great choice due to its 12 inch Flamer, essentially making it a guard hellhound and has a 1 cp explodes strat.

I think our ministorum options do get overlooked but most our cp costs are low until you come to them.

A unit of. 9 flagellants with a preacher in a rhino costs 214 points but they have 2 wounds each with a 5+ ignore but each make 3D 3 (+1 from the preacher) attacks or 9 attacks if you use extremis trigger word for 2 cp.

That's 81 hitting on 4's rerolling strength 5, -1 ap attacks.

Mortifiers are also a great choice with heavy Flamers, it costs 3 cp to attack again but they are either an anti armour / elite unit or anti horde depending on load out, (can take 1 of each weapon since errata and you just lose the audio all attack but let's you choose your weapon profile) however they fire their Flamers like pistols in combat which in a unit of 4 is 8 d6 heavy Flamers (auto hitting is king and surprisingly useful against tanks and flyers).

I think the real gem is though that mortifiers are sisters, not just ministorum and have the key word so they benefit from the advance and charge strat, give you a very effective scary charge range but most people don't know they can do it yet so can catch people off guard. (Plus cause mortal wounds when they die but only to enemy units)

With being pure sisters the extra rules are nice but it depends on how it will impact your over all list build.

It's not make or break but 5+ shoot again for free, even on tanks is tasty and +3 to deny helps to stop allot of smiles as nearly everything you have can deny, just not well.

What you considering taking at the moment and what points are you working towards sword brother?