Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forging a Narrative: AdMech/IK Blog - IG2020

admech imperial knights WIP battle report

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,959 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the Armiger.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Good job on the Armiger.

Thanks, got one more for the lance and it will be done. Planning a moriax with twin claw/rad cleansers. Only issue with this one is that I can't store it in my usual tray since the tree makes it too tall.

*shrugs* oh well.

Just realized I forgot his stubber too. I painted it, just for got to put it on.

Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

Minor update:

20200616 212313

So the wolf gallant is almost done. I need to do the chest plate once I get a replacement (it went missing), do the camo and get the base details done.

Overall I like it and just need to name it. Will be looking into that part later as I have a theme already in mind, just need to see if something matches up.

• Magos Takatus and brother_b like this
Hidden Content

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts
Canis Canibalus

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

Canis Canibalus

I like, but will most likely steal this for the fourth wolf knight. For the gallant however (and thanks for the the push)..

Celena Allen  - Pilot of the Orphne Lykos a knight gallant that serves in Feltorin's personal guard. Unfortunately she tends to be driven mad by the blood-thirsty spirit of the machine, kept calm only by lead Sacation Dornkirk.

First one to get this gets a cookie.

Edited by Focslain, 18 June 2020 - 08:13 PM.

• walter h likes this
Hidden Content

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

So started work on the next knight, An Errant class. I'm actually going to do the cockpit for this one cause I have a scene in my head (and partially written) that I'd like to make into a diorama and it just requires the cockpit to be open and a custom pilot.

20200620 221921

Got a little base work done as well.

20200621 214011

Hidden Content

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

So since the warp plague has lessened enough to get shipments thru. The frames for the moriax squads have arrived.

20200623 005351

One squad will go to the trainees while the other is for the veterans. I'm going to maglock all the weapons so I can swap what I need in. I'm strongly thinking of giving a pair of claws to one and making the last of the armigars for my green knight lance.

I'm going to have to get more or find alternatives to the weapon loadouts. Plan for the armoury is to have four of each weapon, which I'm close to. I might just look into alternatives of the spare weapons and get a few more pairs.

Also I only have two more armigars until the main house lot is done. I need one more warglaive and a helverin.

After I'm done painting these moriax up I'm just going to order a box of each. I'm so close to finishing this part of the army I might as well push it.

Hidden Content

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

So got the errant mostly done. Just waiting on the head and need to paint the basic pattern on the back half of his pauldrons.

20200630 192747

I did paint the cockpit (WIP shown below) and honestly you can barely see anything unless you take the hatch completely off.

20200624 214451

I did figure out how to have the pilot stand on the carapace. The heel in the Sir Hekhtur model is the right size to be replaced with a magnet that I use for the carapace weapons. So his left foot is holding the pilot on with his right foot on the bar in front of the cockpit. I just need to find the proper head and rework his arms. That will be a side project as the errant is at least ready for battle before then.

I also got my hands on two full boxes of Renegade. So I have the last three frames for the from the codex. Unfortunately I only have two heads in route. So I'll be doing one more (not sure which) and the others will start making their way to other lances.

Time to order more foam.

Hidden Content

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

So started work on the moriax armigars over the holiday.

Squad Delta (pre-primed)

20200704 143048

An example of how the colour scheme transferred to the modified carapace.

20200705 211841

I'm hoping to have this squad done before the original deadline of phase 2 of the Iron Guantlet and all six by the end of the month. If I focus I might be able to get all the armigars for the house done by the end of the month depending on when my FLGS gets more of the wargalive/helverin boxes in.

After that I'm going to do one more for the main house. I have three more questoris class to do, the Preceptor, the Paladin, and the Crusader. I'm thinking of doing a paladin. Then I'm taking a break and might finally take a crack at my Cawl stand-in.

• Prot and brother_b like this
Hidden Content

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

So I started piecing together the second set of moriax together. The first shown here is going to be the veteran unit. I just haven't finished the squad markings when this picture was taken.

20200714 220055

I'm using the normal head without the hood because I plan to replace them with the iron tiger head once gadgetplus puts out the armigar version. Based on him the head is going to be like the wolf one and the hood won't fit with that style.

For the second squad, which is for the trainees, I decided to use the hood and the standard head. Plus the original smoke stacks so I can use the upgrade on another set of armigars later.

20200715 223011

While I would love to use one of each armigar type for the patrol I'm forming for my group's run at Crusade, the PL isn't there as I'm one PL over if I use a warglaive/helverin/moriax group.

I do have a list that is two moriax and a warglaive that fits the bill. I just replace the helverin with a dual volkite veusglaire moriax. While -1 S and D and half the range, but a solid ten shots, seems a decent trade off.

I'm hoping to have all the armigars for House Jenius done by the IG second challenge deadline.

• Bjorn Firewalker and brother_b like this
Hidden Content

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,959 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the Armiger warsuits.
  • Focslain likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,475 posts

So an update on the progress of this undertaking.

I'm nearly done all the armigars for the main house. I finished the six moriax and I'm working on the final warglaive and helverin. This will bring the total number of armigars in House Jenius to an insane 18 little knights.

So an overview of what we have here. the house has six squads of armigars, two of each type. Squads are as follows:

Training squads
Alpha - Warglaives
Beta - Helverins
Gamma - Moriaxi

Graduates
Delta - Moriaxi
Eta - Helverins
Zeta - Wargalives

Gamma is a special animal as their the only ones with battle damage. I wanted to do this to this squad as since my house is a school I thought it be neat to have a jock squad. So they are piloted by the classic meat heads that rush headlong into combat and come back with the most damage, either on a carrier or, hopefully, under their own power.

I'll try to get better pictures later, but here are a few of the little buggers.

20200729 132749
20200728 171953
20200728 171924

I also got in two games with my knights, my first two in 9th as well. One was a knight v knight fight. Both forces below are equal, Chaos knights didn't get the drop we did on the Castellan.

20200801 151312
20200801 151242
20200801 154429

It was a blood bath, both the Errant and the Gallant got taken out early, the Errant turn one to his Ravanger (the knight with the tree). It didn't last long as my Castellan shot it down in a single volley. Which was the theme of the game, trading one knight for another, my Castellan getting all the big knight kills. My armigars took care of his and one helverin tanked a broadside from his castellan. I managed to clear the table thankfully.

The second was a test of the crusade rules and it was a 500 pts Assassination mission. Since the only character per the Crusade rules I could have was the preceptor I have in my Order of Battle, my opponent took up the role of defender.

So my three little knights tried to assassinate a deamon prince. I got through his guard easily enough. So more average rolling would have seen his death guard gone a turn sooner, but also I was too cautious and should of just pushed the charge. His daemon prince was tough enough to tank all three armigars and take them out pretty much one turn at a time.

20200802 160821
20200802 163844

I was going to do knights for a crusade that my friends' were thinking of doing, but I'm going to switch to Tau since issues of the other players meta gaming would ruin the feel of the narrative.

Honestly jokes on the nurgle player, his prince already set the meta, but better him then me.

• brother_b likes this
Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: admech, imperial knights, WIP, battle report

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users