Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pt Magnus Competitive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Agerjag

Agerjag

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 125 posts

First thing I should explain is that we want to take Magnus. Everyone who assists with this list also wants this (or hopefully can pretend to for a little bit).

That being said here we go:
CP 11 = 5+5+3-1-1
Battalion - Magic

Daemon Prince With Talons+Wings
-Magister, Arcane Signet, Devastating Sorcery

Daemon Prince With Talons+Wings
-Warlord, High Magister, Dark Matter Crystal

Cultists (11)

Cultists (10)

Tzangors (16)

-Brayhorn

Battalion - Time

Ahriman

Sorcerer in terminator armor

-Familiar

Rubrics (9)

Rubrics (5)

Rubrics (5)

Scarab Occult Termies(10)

-2xMissiles

Heavy Auxillery:
Our boy Magus

One of the harder things for me is splitting out spells correctly, Im gonna make that its own section so its more easily quoteable and such. Any and all advice appreciated.

Casters(Bonus to Cast) - Spells

Devastating Sorcery Prince (+1) - Smite, Astral Blast, Internal Gateway, Bolt of Change

High Magister Prince (+1) - Smite, Astral Blast, Gaze of Fate, Prescience

Ahriman (+1) - Smite, Glamour of Tzeentch, Temporal Manipulation, Weaver of Fates

Terminator Sorc (+1/2) - Smite, Time Flux, Death Hex, Doombolt

Magnus (+2) - Heavy Smite, Boon of change, Bolt of change, Warptime

Scarab Sorc (0) - Smite Light, Time Flux, Weaver of Fates

Asp. Sorc1 (0) - Smite Light, Time Flux, Weaver of Fates

Asp. Sorc2 (0) - Smite Light, Time Flux, Temporal Manipulation

Asp. Sorc3 (0) - Smite Light, Time Flux, Weaver of Fates

Explanation:
I tried to get all the spells I need, paying as close attention as possible to who could take what (Like why a DP has gaze of fate). That i can get off buffs reliably. Also split the damage spells the best I could so we can go full ham on them as needed. Which would look something like this one casting:
DP - Astral, Infernal Gateway

DP - Smite, Gaze/Prec (depending on situation)

Ahr - Smite, Glamour, Weave (possibly use strategem to swap in something over weave and lose a 1w smite to cast weave instead)

TS - Doombolt, Smite

Mag - Heavy Smite, Bolt of Change, Warptime/Boon

SS - Smite Light

AS1 - Smite Light

AS2 - Smite Light

AS3 - Smite Light (maybe weaver to allow another to cast another dmg)

Thats 7d3+1d6+6(2d3+2 per additional bounce) to 5d3+7d6+2 (1d3+1d6+2 per additional bounce) Wounds.

Or between 14(+4 per bounce) MW and 52 MW(+11 per bounce). Average around 24(+6 per bounce) MW (This average is a little handwavy its likely a little higher then this due to 11+ and 12+ rolls but also all spells wont usually go off either).

Rerolling 1s, bonuses to casting(+3 on infernal gateway), and 2 rerolls per turn make it so most of our stuff should go off. Some will fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users