Returning to the hobby need FW AC purchasing advice

Greeting guys,

I have been out of the hobby for the last 7 month with family illnesses and our second child.  My hobby time is fairly limited right now and all I really have time for is an occasional friendly game. I picked up Valerian and Aleya as I enjoyed them in their first book and wanted to show my support for GW adding in BL characters to the game.  I'm adding parts from both a warden box and a stock guard box so that was leaving me with a opportunity to buy the  Sagittarum upgrade kit to utilize those kits.

I'm interested in getting one more unit into my army along with this purchase. 

Right now I own the Achillus and the Galatus and I'm looking a fun unit vs needing the best unit.  Also I have zero interest in the Ares or the Orion.

At a first pass I have been eyeing the Venatari and the Aquilon or even getting some of the spears.

I have also noted that the Beta rules have changed from the last time I was playing and stupid old plasma like rule was removed from all the weapons that would hurt us on a roll of a 1.  But that being said I have not fully integrated all the new changes or point values to have a good understanding where everything stacks up.

I'd recommend getting a Pallas or 2. For my money, they are the most versatile and useful unit in the custodes rules.

It's cheap (points wise anyways) so it can be slotted into most custodes lists.

It's an amazing screen due to the -2 to charge range and a fairly large footprint. And even if it does get charged, it has fly so it doesn't care as long as it survives.

It's super reliable. BS2+, PotMS and a non-degrading stat block make it virtually assured to hit when around a shield captain.

It's versatile. It can provide decent long range anti-tank with its flat 3 damage weapons or anti horde with it's 6 shots.

And finally, it's fast as hell. Grabbing objectives has never been easier.

I'd recommend getting a Pallas or 2. For my money, they are the most versatile and useful unit in the custodes rules.

It's cheap (points wise anyways) so it can be slotted into most custodes lists.

It's an amazing screen due to the -2 to charge range and a fairly large footprint. And even if it does get charged, it has fly so it doesn't care as long as it survives.

It's super reliable. BS2+, PotMS and a non-degrading stat block make it virtually assured to hit when around a shield captain.

It's versatile. It can provide decent long range anti-tank with its flat 3 damage weapons or anti horde with it's 6 shots.

And finally, it's fast as hell. Grabbing objectives has never been easier.

Thanks that is a really good suggestion and I normally forget about the Pallas.