Chalnath Expanse Liberation Hobby Event

duz_

The 49th Markovian regiment, long thought lost in the wake of the disastrous 13th Black Crusade, resurfaces in the Chalnath system. Though the 'Mad Dogs' sneer at the dictates of the departmento munitorum, the vengeful Colonel Phibes cannot ignore an opportunity to prey on old foes, be they the servants of the Emperor or the woefully naive xenos of the Tau.

My vow: 1 patrol detachment, led by a fallen psyker, Legatus. Seconded to him are the shotgun surgeons, a unit of veterans experienced in close-range firefights and their battered Antikythera class transport. These are accompanied by the dregs of Hive Megiddo, a band of mutants, twisted demi-humans and suspected but unproven psykers.

In game terms,
HQ: 1 Primaris Psyker
Troops: 1 unit of 10 veterans with shotguns + Chimera dedicated transport, 1 unit of 10  infantry 'men'

89473469_10158124554364886_4006403351213

Edited by Azekai

I have updated the participants! 

• Cap'm Heckus
  • WarriorFish
  • Azekai
And the Munitorum is awaiting pledges from the following commanders:
  • Mordian Glory
  • Lord Marshal
  • Arkaniss
  • lionofjudah

I my self need to take some pictures of my pledge shortly too.

Soooo....very intrigued as I pulled my guardsdoodsmen out of the box for a lil "pew-pew" sound effects and reminiscing... and then i blew the dust off the box of grey shame and started to glue some olde primed doods onto bases and gazed longingly at all the stuffs' needing to be assembled.

I have no idea on this 8th edition battalion/command points/ 3 lists in a list,etc etc Al... Is like y'all are speaking a foreign language as I am exiting the warp from 30k and showing back up in the present time.

(...)

✓I have a command squad, several psykers, 20 dudes, 3 meltas, 2 grenade launchers, 2 sniper rifles, a hydra, a storm chimera, 2 centaurs and 3 mortar teams already painted and a bombard, a Minotaur, a laser destroyer and 2 russe's primed.

Also... I got a resizer app for my phone (lit photo) to shrink pics to load and I need help figuring out what size is best as the ones I loaded came out TINY?!?!

Lion for reference here are the current 40k FoC options:

1545734237148.jpg

Any one of those will be acceptable, you can always make the size larger if you are feeling up to the challenge :wink:

Resizing app will be great! Normally I resize my pics between 800 - 1200 pixels on the long edge which is plenty enough for most screens

Based what you proposed you could definitely pledge a Battalion if you think you can get them completed in time! (minimum 2x HQ's and 3 Troops)

An air wing! Brilliant choice Focslain :thumbsup:

If I knew of this last week I would have declared a spearhead detachment first, but I finished painting my last russ sunday.

Might still be able to, just have to side line a Wyvern and add a lord commissar to the list.

The Ulyssean 2020th Alchem Jackers answer the call to the Chalnath Expanse liberation, as Ultima Segmentum is our own back-yard.

I longjohnsilver vow to complete an Imperial Guard Patrol detachment * for the Chalnath Expanse Liberation before 12th April 2020.

wmiDhWJ.jpg

wAhrItn.jpg

The Patrol is :

HQ - Company Commander - laspistol, chainsword

Elite - Platoon Commander - laspistol, chainsword

Troops - Infantry Squad - meltagun

Edited by longjohnsilver

Just a quick hobby reminder if anyone is building GW Scion kits, build your hot-shot arm/gun/backpacks combos first and the special weapons that you clip the power cords off the backpacks second. You can always clip the cords of any of the packs but trying to align a mismatched pack+gun/arms is a lot more hassle.

Great work all! The Nurgle actively sabotaging normal operations across the sector we expect to see more detachments raised and in quick succession!
Some pictures of progress are always a great way to keep the Commissariat pleased too ;)

I've updated the participants to include

Patrols Detachments:

• Mordian Glory
  • longjohnsilver

Air Wing Detachment: 

• Focslain

Closet Skeleton, I expect to see your Spearhead detachment pledged shortly ;)

Great work all! The Nurgle actively sabotaging normal operations across the sector we expect to see more detachments raised and in quick succession!

Some pictures of progress are always a great way to keep the Commissariat pleased too :wink:

Some of us gave in to the worship of Grandfather long ago... :sick:

But I have finished the shotgun vets and the muties are half-done. Will post pictures when I get back home. Do the finalized entries need to be based?

Vostroyan mechanised division commits 1 platoon to the Chalnath expanse front.

gallery_85153_14155_90883.jpg

Vanguard detachment consisting of 1 Primaris Psyker, 1 Platoon Commander, 1 Veteran Squad, 1 Special Weapon Squad, 1 Taurox and 3 Chimera.

Actually its 2 veteran squads but some of the men have details I'm not sure I'm going to paint over so they aren't in the vow.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Do you normally do the bases? There's plenty of time to finish yet though, you have until the 12th :smile.:

Yes, I should base them. I just don't like messing with flock and/or gravel :P

Progress pic, as promised:

gallery_53372_13774_207320.jpg

Here are my half-finished muties and my scaborous vets. I am pretty happy with the results so far.

Picked up a few more paints and brushes right before the shelter-in-place order went into effect.