Chalnath Expanse Liberation Hobby Event

duz_

My Storm Troopers are, arguably, finished. Excuse the shoddy quality of the camera yet again. I wanted to go for my usual sand + Steel Legion Drab bases, but guess who can't find his box of it in the midst of the apocalypse?

2Q3vFKH.jpg

This was meant to be more experimental than it turned out being. Things I've discovered are that the Scion kit would look about a hundred times better if most of the helmets included the respirator filter as it would both 'fill out' the faces a lot more and hearken much closer to the old metals. Secondly, it would have been a good idea to grab some Contrast for the plasma coils but unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about that right now. I made the mistake of giving more sub-assembles a try and the weird patchy black strips you might see in places are the result. Needless to say my new most hated model is the Volley Gun(ner?). Zandri Dust over a basecoat of Steel Legion Drab is definitely the way to go, as trying to put it over a black undercoat (the sleeprolls) turned out as well I predicted going by past experience, but I wanted to see the difference both on the same model would make.

Once the event is over I'll probably strip them and give them another bash as I'm not too thrilled with how they turned out.

Anyway, here's a Commissar I dug out and will be using to round off the Patrol Detachment requirements:

ZRApEQK.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

Vow 3 Complete! Neglected sleep and family but I got them done!

med_gallery_69131_16189_1168456.jpg

Tried something a little different with each of them. The guy with the feather was always meant to be a Praetorian. The other 2 are in my main army colors. Tried a darker grey on the Powersword/plasma guy but I'm not sure if it's my favorite.

The 49th are mustered, their weapons hot and primed to slaughter the alien for fun and profit.

10 man infantry squad, 6 man special weapons squad, and my Harker-counts-as, Captain Tejak.

What a fun event... I am consistently blown away by the quality hobby skills of the members of this subforum!

93302018_10158224257674886_3258398418241

The Lord Commissar is done and with it my Patrol Detachment. 

3h6us0t.jpg

He does admittedly need properly basing, but I really didn't wish to put him on the same Astrogranite as the Storm Troopers and risk him not meshing with the rest of my Imperial Guard. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to find my sand so I hope just painting it over in Steel Legion Drab will still suffice. I did manage to misplace a Screamer Pink I swore I had, thus the very streaky Primer where I had to make do with Magos Purple and its very poor coverage, alas.

I also didn't realise what appears to be a bookmark on his Primer is a piece of surprisingly well-placed metal flash, at least judging by the webstore image.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Looks like we need to write to GW to inform them the Chalnath Expanse has been gloriously liberated from the foul xenos!

Huzzah!

Just wanted to say thank you to Duz for organising the event and well done to all the people who completed their vows!

This has been one of my favourite mini painting challenges on the B&C. I feel like the engagement has been really high, with updates being posted every day :)

Congratulations guardsmen! This is a commendable effort!

Word is that the Lord Militant himself, will be sending each commander his personal thanks, for raising such a fine fighting force.

These efforts ensure the successful liberation of the Chalnath Expanse!

To aid in the liberation, we have seen 100% tithe compliance, with the following detachments raised:

1x Supreme Command

1x Battalion

5x Patrols

2x Vanguards

1x Outider

1x Airwing

More than enough to defeat the filthy Tau.

Special commendations go to Cap'm Heckus for single handily raising 3 detachments, well done commander.

For your valiant efforts and on behalf of the Lord Militant you may all wear the following honour with pride:

gallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Again well done to the following commanders:

• Cap'm Heckus
  • WarriorFish
  • Azekai
  • Mordian Glory
  • longjohnsilver
  • Focslain
  • Closet Skeleton
  • Lord Marshal
  • CaptainDangerous

• 2 weeks later...