What color for Phobos Rune Priest robes?

So, I'm in the middle of my next wave of Wolves - one Wolf Lord with Jump Pack, ten Grey Hunters and a Rune Priest in Phobos. This'll bring me up to around 1k in Wolves - good for running with my 1k of Custodes, and especially good because I have a friend who runs Thousand Sons. Gonna burn Prospero all over again. But I'm hedging on what color to make my Rune Priest's robes. I've seen them done in black, grey, white... I'm unsure what to do, so I've decided to ask the forum.

Mm... red-brown leather it is. I'm gonna look at Wispy's thread and other "worn leather" paint schemes and go ahead and do that. The last worn leather I saw, though, kind of required you to do it first - and so does my Wolves armor recipe, because drybrushing is messy.

Edit: I put down a base color that was slightly off from what I was going for, but it looks great so I'm sticking with it.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

If you haven't started your arduous journey of painting yet, might I suggest the simplicity of rich colors that vikings primarily used to show status? I saw a color palette somewhere that portrayed a bunch, but one that stuck out was a rich teal that would really compliment their blue-grey armor. Or purple, because it's definitely understated in much of 40k! 

I went for deep red to contrast with the light blue/grey of the armour. Here is how it looks on my Wolf Lord.

med_gallery_82363_15236_363574.jpg

The recipe is a base of Mephiston red. Then wash with a 50:50 mix of Aggrax earthshade and Caroburg Crimson. Highlight with Trollslayer orange and a a light edging with Ryza Rust.

I went with a worn leather tunic, like Wispy's. That said, for future projects, I'll probably end up going with a dark red, since everyone was pushing me toward that - the plain dark brown was an accident that I just rolled with when it turned out the wrong color. Thanks for the input, all, it will be taken into account! ^^

You paint really fast.

You're a wizard! Painting a wizard!

Bah, a lot of that was done last night. I think I accidentally became a speedpainter at some point, though, I take a lot of little shortcuts and it makes for fast armies. I'd say I haven't spent more than 24 hours actual painting time on my Wolves army, not counting any long dry times or anything.