Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What color for Phobos Rune Priest robes?

Space Wolves Rune Priest Shadowspear Primaris

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

So, I'm in the middle of my next wave of Wolves - one Wolf Lord with Jump Pack, ten Grey Hunters and a Rune Priest in Phobos. This'll bring me up to around 1k in Wolves - good for running with my 1k of Custodes, and especially good because I have a friend who runs Thousand Sons. Gonna burn Prospero all over again. But I'm hedging on what color to make my Rune Priest's robes. I've seen them done in black, grey, white... I'm unsure what to do, so I've decided to ask the forum.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Capitano

Capitano

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
  • Faction: 96th Company Night Lords
Light blue I think would be cool

“I’ll be there in seven minutes. Eight if there’s resistance. Nine if the resistance is carrying bolters.”

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03D_Custos_Fidei.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Oathbreaker.jpg

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

Light blue I think would be cool

Except... well, my Wolves are also in the light blue range. I went for classic blue-grey, instead of Heresy grey.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Capitano

Capitano

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
Well dang

Maybe a red for the robes

dark red would be cool

“I’ll be there in seven minutes. Eight if there’s resistance. Nine if the resistance is carrying bolters.”

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,194 posts

I vote:

Dirty brown red

99800101037_RunePriestNEW01.jpg

banana

Capitano

Capitano

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
That is always cool

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

That's a pelt, though  - however, definitely possible.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,194 posts

That's a pelt, though  - however, definitely possible.

I mean the interior of the pelt, its the same as the holster

banana

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,129 posts
I did it a brown leather, scratched it to hell. so it was a leather duster instead of a Dark Angel's dress.
  • Triszin and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

Mm... red-brown leather it is. I'm gonna look at Wispy's thread and other "worn leather" paint schemes and go ahead and do that. The last worn leather I saw, though, kind of required you to do it first - and so does my Wolves armor recipe, because drybrushing is messy.

Edit: I put down a base color that was slightly off from what I was going for, but it looks great so I'm sticking with it.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen, 09 March 2020 - 02:59 AM.

Brother Scorpirus

Brother Scorpirus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines 4th Company

If you haven't started your arduous journey of painting yet, might I suggest the simplicity of rich colors that vikings primarily used to show status? I saw a color palette somewhere that portrayed a bunch, but one that stuck out was a rich teal that would really compliment their blue-grey armor. Or purple, because it's definitely understated in much of 40k! 

K4clvda.jpg

Disregarding the Codex 

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,132 posts
I went for deep red to contrast with the light blue/grey of the armour. Here is how it looks on my Wolf Lord.

med_gallery_82363_15236_363574.jpg

The recipe is a base of Mephiston red. Then wash with a 50:50 mix of Aggrax earthshade and Caroburg Crimson. Highlight with Trollslayer orange and a a light edging with Ryza Rust.
  • Capitano and Zephaniah Adriyen like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Capitano

Capitano

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
Fancy as frak
  • Karhedron likes this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

I went with a worn leather tunic, like Wispy's. That said, for future projects, I'll probably end up going with a dark red, since everyone was pushing me toward that - the plain dark brown was an accident that I just rolled with when it turned out the wrong color. Thanks for the input, all, it will be taken into account! ^^

• Karhedron likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,132 posts
Don't forget to post pictures of the finished model. smile.png
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

And done!

IMG_20200309_155537630.jpg

IMG_20200309_155551773.jpg

• Wolf Guard Dan, Karhedron and ranulf the revenant like this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,194 posts
You paint really fast.

You're a wizard! Painting a wizard!
banana

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

You paint really fast.

You're a wizard! Painting a wizard!

Bah, a lot of that was done last night. I think I accidentally became a speedpainter at some point, though, I take a lot of little shortcuts and it makes for fast armies. I'd say I haven't spent more than 24 hours actual painting time on my Wolves army, not counting any long dry times or anything.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 708 posts

Painting a wizard!

Careful there, mate. Those are fighting words, calling a Rune Priest a wizard!
  • Triszin and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Capitano

Capitano

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
At least we didn’t call them a psyker

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space Wolves, Rune Priest, Shadowspear, Primaris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users