Sacred Rose 2k list

Kodiak599

I've been building lists for Sacred Rose for a while, and here's what I've come up with that I like the look of.  My thoughts at the bottom, and critism/critiques are welcome!

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [109 PL, -1CP, 1,998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Order Convictions: Order: Sacred Rose

+ No Force Org Slot +

Geminae Superia [2 PL, 40pts]
. 2x Geminae Superia: 2x Power sword

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, 59pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword, Rod of Office

Canoness [3 PL, -1CP, 59pts]: Heroine in the Making, Plasma pistol, Power sword, Rod of Office

Celestine [8 PL, 160pts]: Warlord, Warlord Trait: 4. Beacon of Faith

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [6 PL, 89pts]
. 4x Battle Sister
. Battle Sister w/ Simulacrum: Simulacrum Imperialis
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter
. Battle Sister w/ Special Weapon: Storm bolter
. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Chainsword

. 4x Battle Sister

. 4x Battle Sister

Battle Sister Squad [8 PL, 116pts]
. 7x Battle Sister

. 7x Battle Sister

. 7x Battle Sister

+ Elites +

Hospitaller [2 PL, 35pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Seraphim Squad [4 PL, 83pts]
. 2x Seraphim
. Seraphim Superior: Bolt pistol, Bolt pistol
. Seraphim w/ Special Weapons: 2x Inferno Pistols

. 2x Seraphim

. 2x Seraphim

+ Heavy Support +

Exorcist [8 PL, 170pts]: Exorcist Missile Launcher, Heavy bolter

+ Dedicated Transport +

Sororitas Rhino [3 PL, 67pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [109 PL, -1CP, 1,998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

15 CP before Open the reliquaries, and heroin in the making to take the required warlord traits.

2 squads of 8 sisters w/ a Cannoness and Hospitalier in a rhino, and a squad of 9 + hospitalier in a seperate rhino

Both Cannoness have Rods of office to get a maximum bubble for re-rolls.

Three squads of sisters to hold objectives/walk up the field and taking targets of opportunity.

Seraphim will deepstrike behind enemy lines and use the inferno pistols w/ stratagem to take vehicles/armor in the backfield turn 2 and 3. Will drop 2 squads turn 2 probably, third squad turn 3 to maximize stratagem useage

Exorcists sit in the backfield and do exorcist things.

A few thoughts -

Would I be better giving my squads melta-guns/multi-melta? I feel my anti-armor is good with exorcists + seraphim, and melta guns are short range/expensive.

I thought about putting dominions w/stormbolters in, or celestians, but didn't seem good? I could drop a seraphim group and put a 5woman dominion squad w/4 stormbolters maybe?

The three hospitaliers are to just keep replenshing slain sisters after they get out of the rhinos. Thought about a dialogus or imagifier, but I'm not sure, the hospitaliers let me move them seperate, or keep a big ball after they get out of the rhinos.

I went sacred rose because I like the look, and I play more fluffy lists. If I end up in a tournament I would either go OoML or Ebon Chalice probably.

Thoughts/opinions welcome! I'll post pics in the main forum once I start getting paint on them!

=][= A polite reminder that Army lists should only be posted in the Adepta Sororitas army lists sub forum. =][=

Was this not originally put in the army list sub-forum? I thought I was. If I clicked to the wrong forum, I apologize.

=][= A polite reminder that Army lists should only be posted in the Adepta Sororitas army lists sub forum. =][=

Was this not originally put in the army list sub-forum? I thought I was. If I clicked to the wrong forum, I apologize.

It was put in the Sister discussion forum, but that's okay :) it has a link to this topic.

I've had a look over your list and it has allot going for it, HQ and transport options are solid for your build and getting people up field whilst not being exposed to enemy fire.

I don't think the heavy Bolters in the squads in the rhinos will be much use, neither will the storm Bolters, personally I would drop the heavy Bolters and storm Bolters in those 3 squads and take heavy Flamers and maybe a Flamer pistol on your superiors in those squads.

Will help with anti horde as you have the anti armour locked down.

4 storm Bolters in a dominion squad used with blessed bolts gives you 16, -2 ap, 2 shots which is a real threat but would need a transport, may be worth replacing a squad in the transports with them and making the other squad a 5 man objective holder.

Simulacrums are good as well but I don't think you need them in every squad, only the ones that are always actively moving forwards.

I agree with cutting a unit of seraphim, this is only because though are good they cost just more than 9 sisters with their load out but because you can only use the strat to extend their range from deepstrike only 2 of the 3 squads will get it, the other is going to just get shot... Allot.

I don't recommend multi meltas either but melta guns are woth it, also a md on overwatch is very effective on melta guns to scare people or just out right ruin their day if a character.

As I'm not clear where each canoness will be, I will advise to keep your wl as the Reroll caddy in back field.

What relics and additional wl trait are you planning on taking?

I see the use of hospitlars but not so much in this number, I would consider dropping 1 for an imagifier, they bring allot to the table for their points and with the book of Saint Lucius really helps your back field.

Even tanks can benefit so ignoring-1 ap in a 9 inch aura which is effectively a 18 inch bubble is tasty.

I personally prefer stormbolters, but agreed that if you have the 8 woman squads advancing it could be worth swapping out the heavy bolter for either a heavy flamer, or running double stormbolter.

I'm confused a bit by all the hospitaliers.  Normally hospitaliers are great for keeping special/heavy weapons alive, however you have so many extra bodies that it shouldn't be an issue.

Seraphim are great, sometimes it can be worth starting a squad on the table, and using them to counterattack against a fast moving opponent.

A good way to look at the list is what are the threats.  The exoricsts and the seraphim, maybe Celestine after turn 2 when she's in charge range.  Which the seraphim aren't really a threat until turn 2, and even then proper screening can be used to keep them away from anything worth melta-ing.  After that it's just loads of boltguns, which are...fine.

While Sacred Rose do generate miracle dice through their conviction...you're gaining 1 per round, 1 per turn from Beacon, assuming the exos shoot something then 1 in shooting, and with a 1/3rd chance maybe getting one back when you spend them.  So 4 dice per turn split between 6 squads with simalcrums?  Seems a bit overkill on the simalcrum front.  Also what are you using that MD for on the simalcrum squads?  An advance?  But then they can't shoot.  A to hit roll?  A to wound with a...boltgun? Because it's definitely not being spent on damage if the squad is armed with boltguns and heavy bolters.

A few things I would change would be to drop the simalcrums from the backline squads, keep them on the BSS you plan to send forward.  Cut back to one hospitalier, add in maybe a dialogus to go with those exorcists (making those 5's into 6's or 4's into 5's on damage rolls are ace and makes more efficient use of the MD's you should be generating), an imagifier with the ignore -1 AP to exos is always handy, but is more optional in this list.  I also do not understand the 11 woman squads, why the extra body?  To me it just makes it even harder to get all those models in cover, and ladies LOVE cover.  Those points could be better spent on making maximizing the killing power of your front line squads.  Shuffle around the weapons on your front line BSS squads (stormbolter/heavy flamer or stormbolter/stormbolter/combiflamer, or if you want to add a few more threats melta/melta/combimelta with a simalcrum and/or incensor cherub).  Still keeps the brigade but helps to make those BSS more killy.  The other option is to squeeze in some melee threat via repentia, but that may involve too much shuffling of the list.  Although if you did decide to go that route, with this many bodies, running the 5++ Warlord with the 9" bubble and Celestine for a 4++ may go a long way to helping keep the ladies alive.

Again, goes without saying, but be vary wary of anything that can tie up and wrap around your transports.  Nothing like watching an entire squad plus a few characters disappear because their ride got tagged and they had no room to bail out.

Thanks for all the thoughts and replies! I thought about taking heavy flamers, but I figured I already had enough anti-infantry with the mass of bolter shots going out? But I could build some heavy flamer sisters and try it out!  I will look at taking some of the Simalcrums out to free up some points and invest them for more upgrades.  I could also look at dropping 2 of the hospitaliers, take a dialogous for the exorcists, and a squad of zeraphim or celestians?

Bolters just don't do allot most of the time against hordes.

Even 30 Bolters without rerolls will cause 20 hits outside of rapid fire which you likely would be, 13 wounds on t3, odds say you kill 11 guys with t-shirt saves but this is likely 1 of multiple 20/30 man blobs and this is against easy toughness and poor saves, make it marines your shooting, 20 hits gives 10 wounds which on average only 3 are unsaved.

A bit extra horde control would be valuable in my eyes.

The dialogus can be useful, not world changing but the extra wounds on md is worth it if you plan your list to generate more md.

I would suggest a imagifier over either Celestians or zeraphim.

Celestians are cool and have good rerolls and Strats to make wounding easier but their wound taking for hq's isn't great as they just take a mortal wound for every wound the HQ would suffer.

Personally I'm not even clear if the HQ gets a save first and how it's wrote as multi damage you take a mortal for every wound so a Lascannon can kill 6 girls, seems stupid and I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure I am yet.

The jump girls on the other hand, in combat they will struggle with anything about toughness 3 even with rerolls and comes in at 75 points with base gear.

I would consider them to buff charging units if I was running a sisters combat army but in this case I don't think they would bring enough to your list to be valuable.

Noted on the bolters front! I managed to free up some points and get some heavy flamers in there. Planning on 3x heavy flamers for the 3 sisters squads in rhinos, and I got a squad of Dominions w/ 4x storm bolters for some true dakka. Now it's a question of my elite slots :( Imagifiers for the AP negation? I subbed a dialogus for the hospitalier in the backfield w/ my exorcists.

Another thought as well is superiors can take Flamer pistols for 1 point each, it's d6 strength 3 auto hits, it's cheap and can also help but you should have plenty spare of the gun from the seraphim kits you use inferno pistols on.

I would take the imagifier, just think sitting between your exorcists means they ignore -1 ap, that's allot of medium strength weapons like autocannons and heavy Bolters, plus it buffs your girls in cover as well making it take elite infantry unit or anti tank fire to shift basic Bolter squads.

I actually put 2 hand flamers on 2 superiors because I was at 1998 points! Great minds think alike.

I was thinking about putting the Imagifier in a rhino with a squad, and using her to help my front line squads stay alive a little longer against mass fired bolters.

I actually put 2 hand flamers on 2 superiors because I was at 1998 points! Great minds think alike.

I was thinking about putting the Imagifier in a rhino with a squad, and using her to help my front line squads stay alive a little longer against mass fired bolters.

Now is probably a good time to play the list.  See how it works for 2 or 3 games (ideally against different types of armies), then fine tune from there.

Edited by bkde

Good thinking on the pistols.

i personally think they should be where they have the most impact or protect the most valuable.

bkde is right though, you need to play the list to see where its strong and where its flaws are, i think marines and eldar are lists you need to face as they are ao big in the meta right now.