Orks over the years - Rogue Trader to current day.

Slave to Darkness

So one of the news and rumor threads has kinda gone off topic and drifted into the origins of Ghaz, how he got the headwound and where his lore first appeared and all that derailing goodness.

Instead of getting the thread locked I thought we could continue the history lesson here, so I am starting this thread to pick up where we left off and to start somewhere we can talk about the glorious evolution of the faction from the early days to current time.

So to catch up here is the post I shared in the rumor thread... Here we have the earliest bits of lore that Andy Chambers thought up whilst making his Warlord.

Ghaz' original lore taken from Andy Chambers' example ork army from Ere We Go, and also printed in WD (around about the 120-130 issue number).med_gallery_75911_12239_240349.png

Modelwise he was just a converted Ork Warboss mini (bent his gun arm forward and twisted one of his feet so he looks like he is running).

Also in the old books we have little bits on Kaptain Badrukk and Nazdreg (and pictures) that I could share if people are interested.

This was quite interesting to read, I knew the lore from 2nd ed but didn’t realize it was all from random generators! Now I really want to “roll up” my next HQ! I’d also love to read more, post away!

Ill throw some more stuff up later then when I get home. Ill go over the characters that still exist in current times then I could start going over bits of ork lore you guys want, madboys, khorne stormboys, ork stealer cults etc etc