Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Engine War begins (Soon TM)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,714 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

The build up begins. Factions included are Imperial Knights, Daemons, Chaos Knights and Adeptus Mechanicus.

The Cleansing Light(Story)

Release(Story)

The Joust(Story)

Cargo Bay Ceti-78(Story)

Previews from LVO(First Article)

Requisition Approved Update(Second Article)

Additional Armaments for Adeptus Mechanicus(Third Article?)

The Adeptus Mechanicus Take to the Skies(Fourth Article)

The Adeptus Mechanicus Saddle Up(Fifth Article)

The Adeptus Mechanicus Swoop Into Battle(Sixth Article)

Heads-up: Price Adjustment, New Releases!(Release Update 1)

Sunday Preview – #New40K and Pre-orders Are Back!(Release Update 2)

Adeptus Mechanicus: Designing the Reinforcements(Seventh Article)

New Rules for the Adeptus Mechanicus(Eighth Article)

New Rules for Chaos Knights(Ninth Article)

New Rules for Imperial Knights(Tenth Article)

Edited by Black_Knight, 28 May 2020 - 03:21 PM.

• Panzer and TechCaptain like this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Ancient Metalica Skitarii with some kind of super destructive aura? Sounds exciting (and is probably just some Mortal wound on 6s Stratagem lol). :D 

• Dark Shepherd likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,030 posts

Well this is interesting. 

Not the potential anti-psyker stuff that might have been expected, nor is it certain that it's psychic in nature. I guess we'll learn how related the story is as time passes.

Edited by Beren, 09 March 2020 - 04:15 PM.

Mechanicus Tech-Support

Mechanicus Tech-Support

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
  • Faction: FW Lucius, Steel Confessors

Maybe it's early and coffee.exe hasn't initialized yet but so much of this has me a bit confused. The story seems to be about a regular Skitarii Vanguard, but tries to build it up as something more? and if it's just a regular Vanguard why the big hullabaloo about the station it's stored on being so far away from Metalica and of the providence of Mars.

I'll probably need to wait till I get home for a slower read sweat.gif

• Prot likes this

[Forgeworld] Lucius & Friends [Steel Confessors] WIP Log: Access data-link: Praise be to the Omnissiah

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Maybe it's early and coffee.exe hasn't initialized yet but so much of this has me a bit confused. The story seems to be about a regular Skitarii Vanguard, but tries to build it up as something more? and if it's just a regular Vanguard why the big hullabaloo about the station it's stored on being so far away from Metalica and of the providence of Mars.

It's not about a regular Skitarii Vanguard at all. They found one that seemed to be pretty old and it has some kind of super destructive aura but can't communicate and isn't scan-able.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

krakjen

krakjen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

It's not about a regular Skitarii Vanguard at all. They found one that seemed to be pretty old and it has some kind of super destructive aura but can't communicate and isn't scan-able.

And it's also described as a weapon that cleansed entire worlds.

Not your average Skitarius.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
Necron?....
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

skiitari alpha?

Alot speculation about that, even in here

• Triszin likes this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Lord Momotaro

Lord Momotaro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Holding out hope for a Skitarii character/HQ, hopefully he's not tied to just Metallica or Mars.

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

Give me them tasty tasty Khorne rules. The blood will flow.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I'd settle for some actual House rules for Chaos, but God-specific rules would be nice as well. I still wish for GW to touch on the original Traitor Houses, but they probably won't. A strat to half damage would be good. Something to improve the Laser Destructor as well, it's kinda... garbage. A keyword fix so Helwrights work with them would be great too.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

The concept of a Skitarius exuding an aura of radiation so strong he's being used as a living weapon of mass destruction is extremely interesting, but it seems to me like the kind of story that exists solely for the cool factor, and not something that'll have further repercussions in lore or models.

I do wonder about the reason he's in that state though, particularly if the theme of humans being "awakened" as psykers has anything to do with it.

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
So...AdMech gets their own Sly Marbo? Bloody copycat priests :P
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

So...AdMech gets their own Sly Marbo? Bloody copycat priests :P

If Sly Marbo gave you cancer.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

So...AdMech gets their own Sly Marbo? Bloody copycat priests tongue.png

If Sly Marbo gave you cancer.

Nah, heresy is the cancer. Sly Marbo's the cure.

• El_Dicko, quasistellar and Marshal Valkenhayn like this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

The concept of a Skitarius exuding an aura of radiation so strong he's being used as a living weapon of mass destruction is extremely interesting, but it seems to me like the kind of story that exists solely for the cool factor, and not something that'll have further repercussions in lore or models.

I do wonder about the reason he's in that state though, particularly if the theme of humans being "awakened" as psykers has anything to do with it.

To be honest Im not so sure about that... there seems to be a pattern forming ;
-- Guardsmen having psychic manifestations, bursting in light etc.
-- The striking scorpions that trough the ynnari power merge with the shadows. ( and more stuff suggested but not noted.)
-- Now a regular vanguard that radiates destructive powers, bigger than but stylistically still fitting his usual purpose
and some other fluff in PA carries the same tone..

its not so much psychic powers as it is individuals (including/especially "commoners" ) having their "thing" dialed up thousandfold.

Sorry if it sounds vague :)

Edited by TheMawr, 09 March 2020 - 11:08 PM.

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,188 posts
I think the skitarius power is not related to the psychic awakening, as it is stated that it had been used in previous millenia. The link with the psychic awakening events simply seems to be that the Mechanicus decides to use it again to stop the corruption of a forge world where corrupt covens have arisen, likely due to the increase in psychic activity. As for the source of the skitarius power, the last part that seems to affect technology makes me think it might be something similar to the scrap code used by the dark mechanicum in the Heresy to take over Mars, but I guess the Mechanicus managed to contain or modify to weaponise it under their control. Actually, the fact that the skitarius cannot communicate and scanning leads to dead servitors might be a failsafe measure by the magos that created it to prevent uncontrolled dissemination of the scrap code. As for the material degradation, I guess it's just archeo-superradiation or some mcguffin tech that might not be further explained. I would not actually expect this skitarius to become a playable model, as its power seems difficult to balance without making it much less powerful than what the story tries to convey, which would be a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Plus, it seems it is the only skitarius of its kind available at the moment (even if its ID number points to more of its kind being created).
I think the skitarius power is not related to the psychic awakening, as it is stated that it had been used in previous millenia. The link with the psychic awakening events simply seems to be that the Mechanicus decides to use it again to stop the corruption of a forge world where corrupt covens have arisen, likely due to the increase in psychic activity. As for the source of the skitarius power, the last part that seems to affect technology makes me think it might be something similar to the scrap code used by the dark mechanicum in the Heresy to take over Mars, but I guess the Mechanicus managed to contain or modify to weaponise it under their control. Actually, the fact that the skitarius cannot communicate and scanning leads to dead servitors might be a failsafe measure by the magos that created it to prevent uncontrolled dissemination of the scrap code. As for the material degradation, I guess it's just archeo-superradiation or some mcguffin tech that might not be further explained. I would not actually expect this skitarius to become a playable model, as its power seems difficult to balance without making it much less powerful than what the story tries to convey, which would be a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Plus, it seems it is the only skitarius of its kind available at the moment (even if its ID number points to more of its kind being created).

Edit: I want to think this would be a pretty accurate representation of that skitarius 😄 https://youtu.be/WUhOnX8qt3I

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts
Here is the image posted by Warhammer Community a few weeks back with the factions involved:

970f25a3.jpg

Edited by NTaW, 10 March 2020 - 12:19 AM.

• Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

Now im imaging a Radiant Skitarii alpha fighting a chaos Knight, by his lonesome.

banana

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

I think the skitarius power is not related to the psychic awakening, as it is stated that it had been used in previous millenia.

My post wasnt very clear, I wasnt implying a lore connection... Im implying a potential gameplay connection that hasnt been in the psychic awakening, but the lore is relating to that potential future gameplay element.

While fluffwise its different... radiant wrath superweaponising a regular vanguard skitari (even if done millenia before), ynnari striking scorpions becoming literally one with the shadow (wich wasnt psychic in nature either.) and holy miracles supercharging a guardsman seem to suggest a related mechanic when translated to rules.

could just as well be nothing ofcourse, GW sometimes likes playing the same melody over and over when it comes to fluff. Its just something that started to catch my attention in this story.

• Elzender likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,604 posts

I wonder if Knights will synergize better with AdMech in this book. I’m also thinking most of the new stuff is just coming in the form of the new models but I have to wonder if Canticles become the biggest tweak. 

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

I wonder who will get the new model in Engine war to be honest. Considering how much stuff AdMech got out of the line recently I'd say an actual Skitarii HQ is not out of the question. ^^

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
It'll probably be Ad Mech or Daemons. I can't see Knights on either side getting a new model, although I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate some sort of armour for the Chaos War Dogs and Tyrant.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,911 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
The new AdMech units we’ve seen are for Engine War (cyberdog cavalry, flying Skitarii, the flyer).

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 622 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Where is the Striking Scorpion fluff about shadows? I hadn't heard that. Sounds like Mandrake powers.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users