Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Engine War begins (Soon TM)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

It'll probably be Ad Mech or Daemons. I can't see Knights on either side getting a new model, although I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate some sort of armour for the Chaos War Dogs and Tyrant.

I think it will just be adtech, especially since they have teased models that havent been released and demons have had a slew of newer releases already.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

It'll probably be Ad Mech or Daemons. I can't see Knights on either side getting a new model, although I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate some sort of armour for the Chaos War Dogs and Tyrant.

I think it will just be adtech, especially since they have teased models that havent been released and demons have had a slew of newer releases already.

I know, what a bummer.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

krakjen

krakjen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

The new AdMech units we’ve seen are for Engine War (cyberdog cavalry, flying Skitarii, the flyer).

I'd expect the Doggo Riders to be FA and the Flying Sicarians to be Elite.

Edited by Dosjetka, 11 March 2020 - 07:16 AM.
=][= Removed off-topic quoted content. =][=

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

My only hope for the book is that they throw a bone to Imperium-aligned knight houses.But with the mechaniucum being there too i don't really expect it to happen

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
https://www.warhamme...kening-release/

No comments on this new story teasing dark mechanicus yet? I’m really curious what’s going to be in this thing, I don’t think we’ve had other stories teasing new factions.

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,032 posts

Honestly, a big issue with Dark Mech in this story is that they're already involved in so much crazy insane daemon tech that it's hard for anything new to really raise eyebrows, as compared to the Mechanicus one. Based on the ending, it's a Chaos Knight thing anyway, as House Lucaris is a Chaos Knight House.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Some new models for the Dark Mechanicus would be nice.

• Doghouse likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

NiceGuyAdi

NiceGuyAdi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 494 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
New rules/models for Dark Mechanicus or not, that was the best piece of short fluff I’ve read in quite some time. Really unsettled me reading it.

HHotH_NiceGuyAdi.jpg?raw=1ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifTalonsReach_Medallion.jpg?raw=1

16 Years Lost in the Eye of Terror - my Raven Guard WIP

The Chosen Sons - a homebrew Primaris Chapter

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,079 posts

Definitely just about Chaos Knights. The existence of the Dark Mechanicum is nothing new in the fluff, and it doesn't suggest traitor Skitarii or anything.

• Shinespider likes this

SpiritFox22

SpiritFox22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
I'd love if we got an upgrade sprue for the mechanicus to make more Dark Mech I'd probably but a few just to differentiate between my vanguard and rangers. Though that's mostly because I hold them all minus my Alphas.
  • Brother-serpent Tylydox likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
I'd kill for a proper Dark Mechanicum army. Barring that, I'll be happy with some Dark Mech feel to Chaos Knights and I'm really looking forward to what we get in Engine War.

I'd like to see a full fledged campaign of Ad. Mech and Imperial Knights against Dark Mech and Chaos Knights. Like the FW treatment. Then again, I'm obsessed with Chaos Knights so... :D
  • Doghouse and Magos Takatus like this

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,839 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

There were the rumours from the chap who was spot on about GAMA who said Lost and Damned/Exodites/Dark Mechanicum were coming as AoS-esq 'mini-new army releases'. 

• caladancid likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

krakjen

krakjen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

Looks to me like it's just a story for the Chaos Knight.

They even name the House and everything, Maybe some kind of named Daemon Knight or something.

Meanwhile though, this was released (source):

andrei-greenchuk-pteraxii-hd.jpg

• Magos Takatus, Noserenda, DeadFingers and 5 others like this

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts

There were the rumours from the chap who was spot on about GAMA who said Lost and Damned/Exodites/Dark Mechanicum were coming as AoS-esq 'mini-new army releases'.

I’m sorry did you just say Exodite.

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,820 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
Those chaos guard are pretty sick. Would be nice to get models for them
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts

Those chaos guard are pretty sick. Would be nice to get models for them

You mean the BSF traitors?
  • Son of Carnelian, depthcharge12 and Brother-serpent Tylydox like this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Honestly, a big issue with Dark Mech in this story is that they're already involved in so much crazy insane daemon tech that it's hard for anything new to really raise eyebrows, as compared to the Mechanicus one. Based on the ending, it's a Chaos Knight thing anyway, as House Lucaris is a Chaos Knight House.

Indeed. If anything, I found the description of the Dark Mechanicus in this story rather mild.  In fact, if not for the reference to dark symbols and optics aligned like an eight-pointed star, The (admittedly only two) Dark Mechanicus characters seemed much like regular Mechanicus adepts dabbling in something they really should not.

Other descriptions of the Dark Mechanicus tend to portray them much more vile and warped.

Edited by Quantum, 17 March 2020 - 08:50 AM.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts

Looks to me like it's just a story for the Chaos Knight.

They even name the House and everything, Maybe some kind of named Daemon Knight or something.

Spoiler

I really like that image. It looks more detailed and more like older GW art. A lot of the art in the Admech books has been fairly quickly drawn digital paintings. While I'm sure this is digitally produced it just strikes me as better quality compared to a lot of the recent Mechanicus art.

I'm also happy to see more cattle prod action! biggrin.png

• Prot likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts

Indeed. If anything, I found the description of the Dark Mechanicus in this story rather mild. In fact, if not for the reference to dark symbols and optics aligned like an eight-pointed star,

The (admittedly only two) Dark Mechanicus characters seemed much like regular Mechanicus adepts dabbling in something they really should not.

Other descriptions of the Dark Mechanicus tend to portray them much more vile and warped.

I would think each HelForge would be unique in both it's operation and level of corruption, much like the various Forge Worlds are unique in their own way. There would obviously be much less in the way of guidelines for Chaos Mechanicum, so you could have Forges that are only mildly tainted to full blown Daemon Worlds. Not really seeing the issue here...
  • Xin Ceithan and Slave to Darkness like this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Indeed. If anything, I found the description of the Dark Mechanicus in this story rather mild. In fact, if not for the reference to dark symbols and optics aligned like an eight-pointed star,

The (admittedly only two) Dark Mechanicus characters seemed much like regular Mechanicus adepts dabbling in something they really should not.

I would think each HelForge would be unique in both it's operation and level of corruption, much like the various Forge Worlds are unique in their own way. There would obviously be much less in the way of guidelines for Chaos Mechanicum, so you could have Forges that are only mildly tainted to full blown Daemon Worlds. Not really seeing the issue here...

I would call it an issue; it just that I after imagining far worse atrocities of the Dark Mechanicus, the horror aspect of this particular story was a bit mild.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,599 posts

I can't unsee kid sized shovel awkwardly tied to his back. The artist seriously needs someone to go over his sketches at the planning stage wacko.png

I really like that image. It looks more detailed and more like older GW art. A lot of the art in the Admech books has been fairly quickly drawn digital paintings. While I'm sure this is digitally produced it just strikes me as better quality compared to a lot of the recent Mechanicus art.

I'm also happy to see more cattle prod action! biggrin.png

Huh? Besides the two chaos guards, all the characters are literally traced from models, down to tiniest detail and limb pose, background has little detail clashing hard with bat man in front in style, composition is off, I'd feel cheated if I saw this in print in any GW book. Not to say it's bad art, but it looks below average even for fan art, and I can't recall any GW art piece being quite this bad. It honestly looks like speed sketch with only top portion being anywhere near close to the finish, and would look better with heavy cropping to bring it back to focus, IMO.

• Brother-serpent Tylydox likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,839 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I can't recall any GW art piece being quite this bad

First Strike?

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,602 posts

I can't unsee kid sized shovel awkwardly tied to his back. The artist seriously needs someone to go over his sketches at the planning stage wacko.png

I'm also happy to see more cattle prod action! biggrin.png

Huh? Besides the two chaos guards, all the characters are literally traced from models, down to tiniest detail and limb pose, background has little detail clashing hard with bat man in front in style, composition is off, I'd feel cheated if I saw this in print in any GW book. Not to say it's bad art, but it looks below average even for fan art, and I can't recall any GW art piece being quite this bad. It honestly looks like speed sketch with only top portion being anywhere near close to the finish, and would look better with heavy cropping to bring it back to focus, IMO.

That 'kid-sized shovel' is correctly sized for an entrenching tool, looks like.  No mistake there.

• Prot, Black Blow Fly, Gederas and 3 others like this

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

A new story today on Warhammer Community. Looks like despite lacking physical releases we may see the books continue to be released digitally (like with Saga of the Beast, though that may prove to be an exception and not the rule).

https://www.warhamme...go-bay-ceti-78/

Edited by NTaW, 30 March 2020 - 02:42 PM.

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,032 posts

Ah... Varlian device. Possibly as in the Gates of Varl. The Gates of Varl that are associated with the C'Tan.

• NTaW likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users