Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Engine War begins (Soon TM)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts
Not sure if its a really good or really bad idea to keep releasing them digitally (only)

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,820 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

Those chaos guard are pretty sick. Would be nice to get models for them

You mean the BSF traitors?

Yes and no - I mean the ones in that are more individualistic and different. The doods in that artwork seem like they are still a cohesive military unit that is just corrupted. I guess it’s a taste thing, I like the bad guys but organized look over the rag tag hobo veterans lol
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts
Preview of the new mechanicum vehicles is up so looks like they arent part of the adepticon preview and they will definitely digitally release Engine War at the end of this month
  • Lord Nord likes this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,946 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Preview of the new mechanicum vehicles is up so looks like they arent part of the adepticon preview and they will definitely digitally release Engine War at the end of this month

Where does it say they’ll release Engine War digitally at the end of the month?

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 843 posts

Yeah, I was really thinking they'd make the remaining Engine War reveals part of that Saturday lineup and basically show us nothing else from 40K. This is encouraging.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,946 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

What else is there to reveal for engine war apart from rules? They’ve shown Fabius from the book after so the Mechanicus stuff is probably it for models with EW, and they don’t show rules stuff until the week before preorders. 

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 843 posts

What else is there to reveal for engine war apart from rules? They’ve shown Fabius from the book after so the Mechanicus stuff is probably it for models with EW, and they don’t show rules stuff until the week before preorders. 

That might indeed be it - I was expecting aside from more info on the Pteraxii units (which they provided today) that we might be getting some previously-unhinted models like a Skitarii HQ or plastic Servitors with Heavy Servitor loadout options. Maybe even the hinted Hephestons. Today's article doesn't definitively say we won't, but it does seem less likely now.

Edited by Lord Nord, 30 March 2020 - 04:06 PM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,829 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

Its here, those riders have grown on me a bit and a detachment of them to act as rough rider equivalent in a soup army sounds enticing.
  • DeadFingers likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,972 posts
Good those skitarii are gorgeous.

I'm getting a " riders in the storm" vibe.

Weird tech vs deamons.

Aww yiss
  • templargdt likes this
banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,447 posts

"Sterylizors", aka "kill it with fire".

46b9e971.jpg

Between these, the Sulphurhounds, and the third variant of the Archaeopter, that's a lot of hot flaming death dispensers the AdMech are getting, and I'm always happy to see more flamers and phosphor weaponry.

I do wonder if these are the only weapon options these guys are getting. For the Skystalkers they do mention their flechette carbines, but these are only described as "honed for aggression". That said, "Sterylizors" as a name does imply flamers are their main weapon, but even the Sicarians, which are a very similar kit, have a couple options.

I also wonder they'll use this wave of models as an opportunity to release the Manipulus from Kill Team on his own. But I guess all this wondering might not be answered for a while as we may not see any of these until June or July for all we know.

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 March 2020 - 05:34 PM.

• templargdt likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,618 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Will have to get me the flyer and the riders. Not keen on the winged jump infantry, but to each their own.

Will swap the flyer's wings for something else. Not sure just yet.

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

im still not sold on their use of what seems to be fabric in their wings. i know its a play on da vinci's designs, but it doesn't feel very admech to me. would have preferred jump packs or something along those lines

• Aarik likes this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Not sure if its a really good or really bad idea to keep releasing them digitally (only)

I guess it's a good opportunity for GW to see how many are willing to just go for the digital stuff if the physical stuff isn't available. sweat.gif

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,832 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

They probably figure people who're desperate for them will buy the digital version, then buy a physical copy later. Cha-ching. GW fans are notorious for their lack of impulse control afterall.

• mithrilforge and SickSix like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts

Where does it say they’ll release Engine War digitally at the end of the month?

Theyve made no noises about (digital release) changing schedule and previews are now following the same pattern

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

The flame breathing horse/dog mounts are awesome, and I'll use them regardless of effectiveness. 

• Panzer and Dark Shepherd like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The new Lelith Model is a poor reflection of the character. The Head, Facial expression, Pose, and Musculature is wrong.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,037 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Not a fan of the flying troops & machine, but those mounts are really awesome. I'd love to start a Mechanicus army one day.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,262 posts

"Sterylizors", aka "kill it with fire".

46b9e971.jpg

DIIIIIIIVE!!! [Queen intensifies]

Edited by Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, 30 March 2020 - 06:37 PM.

• Jack of the Pelt, Noserenda, templargdt and 1 other like this

we_badge_ezra.png

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

I initially didn't like these new releases but the winged Skitarii and the mounted skitarii have grown on me.  I still passionately hate the flier.    

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Sons Of Dorn VII

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts
Well...

Dunestrider, Scorpius and archeaopter for lootin'then :D
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts
Looks like the winged guys are 5 per box then? Previous preview made it look like 3.

I agree with Lord Nord; its pretty likely this is it for EW, so no Hesper-thingies sadly. Good chance we’ll get the Manipulus though.

Anyway excited for these. Just finishing up three Skorpius’ in preparation for the next expansion of my AdMech. Will be 2 boxes of Serberys first I think. The bonus being these will be the easiest to transport. The flying units are going to be a pain to move about...

I might get the ebook of EW if they release it that way first. I haven’t bought any of the PA books until now, and will definitely get the physical edition but that could be well into May and I’m very keen to see what’s next for my crazy Martians.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts

I initially didn't like these new releases but the winged Skitarii and the mounted skitarii have grown on me. I still passionately hate the flier.

The ability to build it in the landed position and or with wings folded in might be cool, not trying to change your mind though!

SpiritFox22

SpiritFox22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts

Not a fan of the flying troops & machine, but those mounts are really awesome. I'd love to start a Mechanicus army one day.

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of the wings on either of them myself.  Though I do have a couple of spare P-51 model wings that might fit where the cloth is.  The Jetpack dudes though I'm 100% just clipping them off and making new ones from plasticard.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,984 posts

im still not sold on their use of what seems to be fabric in their wings. i know its a play on da vinci's designs, but it doesn't feel very admech to me. would have preferred jump packs or something along those lines

What, the reveration and use of ancient, outdated designs where clearly superior, more innovative ones exist?

Anyway, if you look at the models, you can see that they still have jump jets. The wings would just allow for sustained flight, unlike a jump pack where marines drop like a rock when they cut the thrust. 

• Noserenda, Iron Father Imeran Byon, Panzer and 2 others like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,098 posts

Everyone wants archaeotech, until it's not entirely high-tech archaeotech any more, but partly archaic archaeotech... msn-wink.gif

Anyway, if you look at the models, you can see that they still have jump jets. The wings would just allow for sustained flight, unlike a jump pack where marines drop like a rock when they cut the thrust.

This.

The jump jets get them into the air, the wings keep them in the air.

In contrast, marines use them only to reach enemies, and then go for CC. No need to keep that ceramite brick of an Astartes longer in the air than absolutely necessary.

Another discussion that came up in the local discord group - what do you think the stick grenades from the flechette infantry do?

The point of the stick is painted in bronze, and looks rather high-tech with coils around the base, which I'd guess would not be regular explosives. Maybe some sort of magnetic haywire grenade, to take out vehicles they could never dent with their regular weaponry. But that's a wild guess anyway...

• mithrilforge, Dosjetka, Iron Father Imeran Byon and 1 other like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users