Ragnars new model looks amazing

GrFlur

Hey hey check it out Brothers.

img_20200309_231619.jpg?w=1024

img_20200309_192235.jpg?w=750

My old Ragnar next to new Ragnar. Quite similar I would say. Although this also acts as an absolutlely brutal expose of my painting and photography skills.

That new face is gorgeous and a fantastic representation of Ragnar,

They totally nicked your pose, but I'm sure they will share the royalties with ya. :wink:

Well, I'm pretty pleased. Have traditionally had my army as using Morkai's heraldry but I might add Ragnar just for the model. Agree with others that a handswap will probably be required to replace the slightly silly first army but overall I think his new model absolutely nails the line between old and new.

Now we just need the melee Primaris troops to back him up!

petey closed it in the first place because he doesn't like ragnar's model and thinks its dumb. heard it from a friend.

seriously though, I wonder if there are any alternate poses to it? I bet there's a pistol option.

also it was sculpted by our wolf brother darren latham. he did Haldor before, and Ulrik.

petey closed it in the first place because he doesn't like ragnar's model and thinks its dumb. heard it from a friend.

seriously though, I wonder if there are any alternate poses to it? I bet there's a pistol option.

also it was sculpted by our wolf brother darren latham. he did Haldor before, and Ulrik.

That Sir, is a bald faced lie. Your accusation is as baseless as the rumors of Ragnars death.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted via Facebook, thought it might be of interest for those who don`t do FB as well. Darren Latham confirmed sculpting Ragnar and wrote:

Hi all,
Ragnar Blackmane is now released and I can finally talk about sculpting this miniature!
Some of you will know that I am a massive Space Wolves fan and Ragnar is easily my favourite character in the 40k universe.
When I was asked to sculpt a new updated version of Ragnar I was excited and a little nervous at the same time.
Updating one of Jes Goodwin's sculpts is a task you don't go into lightly so I had a good chat with the man himself prior to working on the miniature.
I sat with Jes for the best part of a day posing the miniature and getting the gesture and attitude just right.
I really wanted Ragnar to be throwing himself into the largest enemy he could find with abandon!
I also wanted him to be THE most dynamic Primaris Marine seen so far.
It was a massive privilege to update this icon character and I hope Space Wolf players feel that he has been done justice.
Cheers all! Stay safe (for the wolf time)
Daz

Edit: Thanks for merging Petey, forgot all about this Thread.
Edited by Oshikai