SoB Bloody Rose 1k List

Acturis

This is my first 1k list for SoB. I'm playing a SM player who tends to favor Iron Hands. We'll be playing on a 4x4 board very competitively. Please help me cleanse this heretic's army!

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [27 PL, 4CP, 445pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [5CP]

Order Convictions: Order: Bloody Rose

+ Stratagems +

Open the Reliquaries [-1CP]: Additional Relics of the Ecclesiarchy

+ No Force Org Slot +

Inquisitor Eisenhorn [4 PL, 80pts]: 1) Terrify, 3) Dominate

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, 54pts]: Blessed Blade, Bolt pistol, Relic: Blade of Admonition

Missionary [2 PL, 38pts]
. Bolt Pistol and Shotgun

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [4 PL, 45pts]
. 4x Battle Sister
. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

. 4x Battle Sister

. 4x Battle Sister

+ Heavy Support +

Retributor Squad [6 PL, 138pts]
. Retributor Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Retributor w/ Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [32 PL, 6CP, 549pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Order Convictions: Order: Bloody Rose

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, -1CP, 45pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Heroine in the Making, Relic: Beneficence, Warlord Trait: 5. Indomitable Belief

Celestine [8 PL, 160pts]: Warlord, Warlord Trait: 4. Beacon of Faith

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [4 PL, 49pts]
. 2x Battle Sister
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Storm bolter
. Battle Sister w/ Special Weapon: Storm bolter

. 2x Battle Sister

. 2x Battle Sister

+ Elites +

Imagifier [2 PL, -1CP, 45pts]: Tale of the Stoic, Tale of the Warrior, Venerated Saint

Repentia Superior [2 PL, 35pts]

Sisters Repentia [5 PL, 117pts]: 9x Sisters Repentia

++ Total: [59 PL, 10CP, 994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

After Action Report

My opponent brought a battalion of Darkangels on bikes w/plasma and twin bolters, a Talonmaster, and Sammael. I ended up losing by a single point. A point that was lost twice because the mission was retrieve the floating supplies and twice the supplies I secured were floated away by my opponent who won the roll off.

However, I will say this build performed phenomenally.

Terrain

We tried to emulate the standard board with a big LOS blocker in the center of the 4x4 board and cover on either side. Backfield had two LOS blockers with a piece of cover in the center of the board.

Objectives

4 objectives that were alternately placed and skewed to the right side of the board.

Deployment

My opponent won the roll off for selecting the deployment zone and which side he'd deploy on. He chose the diagonal setup that allowed him to deploy on top of 2 out of the 4 objectives while leaving my army starting on none.

My forces were deployed to have a strong center with three SoB squads heavy right to swing out and capture an objective. I only had 2 squads on my left. One squad in the center, retributors, repentia, and all of the HQs there.

His forces deployed in mostly LOS protecting areas that allowed him to secure the objectives. He did put snipers and scouts in the centerfield to harass my troops.

Turn 1

I went first on the 4x4 and my retributors advanced just right to put his 6 bike plasma squad in their LOS. I used the strategem to add 12" range and +1 to wound. All of my meltas hit. Then I rolled 4 ones to wound. To include a reroll that still came out as a 1. To which my opponent openly declared that, had that roll not been botched, it would've been game over for him.

The rest was me positioning my forces to capture objectives.

He in turn spent 2CP to double advance a character on a bike. A total of 40" of movement to swing around my forces and give a 3" bubble to my HQs that gave a -1 to invulnerable saves.

More to follow when I get home. I've got a meeting to get to. But 2 major highlights:

Canoness with Beneficence slaughtered those marines. I'm talking pure overkill. She charged squads with repentia and would attack first. Overkill the marines to the point where my repentia never got to attack.

My repentia were able to survive to the end of turn 4 because of Celestine and Indomitable Belief. That, with their FNP, allowed them to soak a surprising amount of damage. It was delicious.