The Defence of Ryza

Not only that, but the front cover of the book had a knight Magera On it. Maybe a new knight banner?

There's also a Styrix in the background (you can tell from the different shaped claw), and they've never had images of models in the Titanicus books that weren't later released as AT-scale minis, so yeah I'd be willing to bet we'll have a Mechanicum knight banner at some point this year. Given that the Questoris frame is large enough to build 3 knights (and I don't really see why the Megaera/ Styrix would need extra space), I'm curious to see if we'll see them in a 3-knight set and which one gets doubled up ,or whether they can squeeze in enough room to give us the choice.

Very excited to have some new build-a-Legio rules in the new Book, hopefully these'll be better balanced than the White Dwarf incarnation & will make folks' custom Legios tournament-legal.

Great to see the new Cerastus options, and surely new questoris too. You don’t put them on the cover if not doing rules for them.

Ryza is a forgeworld. We’ve been expecting corrupted knight rules but maybe this isn’t when they’ll come. Wonder if we’ll instead get more techy stuff, like he more admech-y knights. Could be similar stuff for titans I guess. Could be corrupted stuff too - though you’d think they would mention that.

Crucius is the Ryzan Legio on the front right? WHich has already been covered in Titandeath? I wonder how that'll be handled.

Also, those Knights seem to have a distinctive colour scheme, so I wonder if their house will be in the book. We also cauhgt a glimpse of a halved bright red and white scheme from the video.

Edited by Beren

Very happy we’re getting both types. I wonder if it’s going one box and it builds one of each, or if you can do two Castigators etc? I assume two as that’s what the Lancers are.

Very exciting to see AdMech Knights on the cover! Maybe the first Knights FW resin upgrades? (Would rather plastic but I’ll take it)

Edited by Burni

Wow, this made me so happy. I finished my first Crucius titan yesterday and was hoping that GW would bring out a transfer sheet for the Legio. Seems like I might get what I wished for. This is fantastic news - also more info on Crucius in general would be great. So far, we know that Ryza is big in the creation of plasma weaponry and tech - might see quite a bit more in that regard maybe?

The article says there'll be rules to create your own Legio. That's interesting, because those rules already exist. I wonder if this means they'll reprint the WD rules, or come up with better ones.

Yay for speculation!

Looking at the Cerastus knights, their legs are not configured like my two Lancers. They look like kind of a reflection of them. To me, that suggests that this is a new kit rather than an upgrade sprue. If it was an upgrade sprue then the legs would be the same. I don't know the kit all that well though, so maybe it can be built with the legs the other way. I don't think that 's the case.

Edit: also the carapace and shoulder pads have to be new bits, I think. That might be the point at which they decided to just make a new kit, perhaps just reflecting some existing components in CAD for variety, rather than do a sprue. That's my hunch of what they did, though I could be wrong. The design of the original kit, with all three head varieties, sort of implied it was designed to work with a conversion kit.

Edited by Mandragola

I’m glad to see the models but those guns aren’t any better than a lancer’s shield save. I like the legs though, those would be nice to mix and match with lancers. I guess GW got tired of 3D printing their own.

Way more excited to see the Mechanicum knights like the Magera and hopefully Atropos.

There is only one Legio I am hoping for: Magna, the all-caps aficionado's Legio of choice!

hYcS8p4.png

I wonder when the book will be released... Shadow and Iron was mentioned at WarCom on 30 January and open for pre-order on February 8.

One or two weeks more, I guess?

It mentions more news in upcoming engine kill articles, which is the last Tuesday (?) of each month, so at bare minimum we've got a few weeks. Probably more likely to be 2-3 months as Burni says

Very happy we’re getting both types. I wonder if it’s going one box and it builds one of each, or if you can do two Castigators etc? I assume two as that’s what the Lancers are.

Very exciting to see AdMech Knights on the cover! Maybe the first Knights FW resin upgrades? (Would rather plastic but I’ll take it)

Given how packed the lancer sprue is, I suspect it'll build one Castigator & one Acheron - while neither has the bulky ion gauntlet shield, they both do have external ammo containers on their backs that the Lancer lacks, and I can't really see how they'd fit all that onto one frame with additional weapons too.

I've been thinking about the Megaera & Styrix in AT for a while now, and I think plastic makes the most sense - to be true to the 28mm kit, a resin pack would need: 2x shin plates, groin plate, gun arm, claw arm, head, torso gun, gun cable, and carapace - at which point the only bits from the base plastic kit you're using are the skeleton, thigh plates & chest plate.

Crucius is the Ryzan Legio on the front right? WHich has already been covered in Titandeath? I wonder how that'll be handled.

Also, those Knights seem to have a distinctive colour scheme, so I wonder if their house will be in the book. We also cauhgt a glimpse of a halved bright red and white scheme from the video.

Ryza means Crucius and since the rules are already out, I think it's safe to assume transfers... Well, maybe not "safe" but one can always hope! :smile.:

Not the first time a legion takes part in different campaigns, e.g. Mortis. I expect Ignatus and Metallica to be included (there are transfers), anything else is speculative. Xestobiax maybe.

Both very high on my list - I was thinking of doing a Metallica Maniple supported by a couple of Ignatus Titans... Fire Wasps rule! :laugh.:

I wonder when the book will be released... Shadow and Iron was mentioned at WarCom on 30 January and open for pre-order on February 8.

One or two weeks more, I guess?

Well, if I recall correctly, Titandeath was released in February and the Molech was in... June? So maybe we'll see the same thing this time around with Shadow and Iron in Feb and the Defence of Ryza coming in June. I think it was June for Molech, but someone may remember better...

The question is, how long until we go full Epic? :laugh.:

Oh, wonderful. This looks very Mechanicum focused, and is probably the supplement containing Ignatum and Metalica rules. Maybe Legio Crucius gets a unique maniple for the trouble of having their Forge World invaded or something, if they're lucky. Their chances of getting transfers just spiked, too. If they ever do a Battle of Kado supplement, they'll appear yet again (and lose another Imperator to House Devine).

There are definitely at least two more Mechanicum Knight houses involved too, between the red/white Acastus color plate and what seem to be Ryza-oathed Knights on the cover. I'm going to guess both are Loyalist, so we may see two Dark Mechanicum House-holds appear, too. They could re-use the Atrax and Hermetika color plates from Book 4, or maybe we'll just see a bunch of new things?

Can we also take a step back and take a moment to reflect on how unlucky this particular Forge World is? It gets hit in the Heresy, eats two Ork Waaaaghs, finally beats the second one, and then the great rift opens and it gets covered in Daemons. Ouch.

Well, if I recall correctly, Titandeath was released in February and the Molech was in... June? So maybe we'll see the same thing this time around with Shadow and Iron in Feb and the Defence of Ryza coming in June. I think it was June for Molech, but someone may remember better...

Titandeath was up for preorder on January 19; Doom of Molech was up for preorder on April 20. Pretty much 3 months exactly between them.

I hope Ryza is out ASAP because I am a greedy child, but May/June seems most likely to me

Edited by Marshal Loss

Oh, wonderful. This looks very Mechanicum focused, and is probably the supplement containing Ignatum and Metalica rules. Maybe Legio Crucius gets a unique maniple for the trouble of having their Forge World invaded or something, if they're lucky. Their chances of getting transfers just spiked, too. If they ever do a Battle of Kado supplement, they'll appear yet again (and lose another Imperator to House Devine).

There are definitely at least two more Mechanicum Knight houses involved too, between the red/white Acastus color plate and what seem to be Ryza-oathed Knights on the cover. I'm going to guess both are Loyalist, so we may see two Dark Mechanicum House-holds appear, too. They could re-use the Atrax and Hermetika color plates from Book 4, or maybe we'll just see a bunch of new things?

Can we also take a step back and take a moment to reflect on how unlucky this particular Forge World is? It gets hit in the Heresy, eats two Ork Waaaaghs, finally beats the second one, and then the great rift opens and it gets covered in Daemons. Ouch.

And the paint named after them is “rust.”