Noob question on Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines.

Hi,

I have a chance to purchase two boxes of Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines, for less then the price of one box. There are some models missing though, namely all the Obliterators and one Master of Possesion. I'm not really looking to Make an army out of this, but I wouldn't mind having it as a side project, and maybe something I'd use way in the future. Worth the purchase or not? A friend of mine got the other half of the Dark Imperium box I bought, maybe he has some use for it? I'm under the impression that the regular marine units aren't too popular?

Thanks for any help!

One of a character is all you need right? Sounds like you got a good deal to me :smile.:You can check the sprues from GW's site, in the gallery - looks like they have all the bits to me :thumbsup:

Yeah I looked into it, looks like they are all monopose in the box, so not really giving me all the extra bits I wanted. I'll think on it some more, but I really should stop buying more and more miniatures :sweat:

I'd do it, even with the extensive Chaos backlog I have right now!

The missing Obliterators is a shame, since they're one of the better units in the book IMHO and aren't available as a separate kit yet.

If you're worried about monopose, grab another box of CSMs. You'll get more than enough bits to kitbash things and make them all look a bit more unique. 

They are the monopose unfortunately. However the Aspiring Champion is worth it as he has the ONLY updated chainaxe in 40k at the moment.

Don't forget the Terminator kit, that has a chainaxe as well :P

I'd do it, even with the extensive Chaos backlog I have right now!

The missing Obliterators is a shame, since they're one of the better units in the book IMHO and aren't available as a separate kit yet.

If you're worried about monopose, grab another box of CSMs. You'll get more than enough bits to kitbash things and make them all look a bit more unique.

They are the monopose unfortunately. However the Aspiring Champion is worth it as he has the ONLY updated chainaxe in 40k at the moment.

Don't forget the Terminator kit, that has a chainaxe as well :P

I honestly have. I blocked that sham of that box from my memory. Though I have finally found a use for it. Cataphractii lightning claws & shoulders look pretty good on chaos Terminator bodies.