David annandales: saga of the beast audio drama March 28th

Triszin

D

Saga of the Beast gets released on audible on the 28th March, so it should go on sale on Black Library on the 21st.

51EyiayrPwL._SL500_.jpg

A Space Wolves audio drama boxed set.

In the aftermath of the Thousand Sons' invasion of Fenris, Wolf Lord Ragnar Blackmane is thrown into danger as he hunts a dangerous beast in a quest that will decide the fate of the galaxy.

Listen to it because: Experience the latest chapter in the saga of Ragnar Blackmane in an all-action full-cast audio drama serial that pits the Young Wolf against one of the greatest – and most terrifying – warriors of the 41st Millennium.

The story: Glory returns to Fenris. Magnus the Red and his traitorous legion are defeated upon the icy cliffs of the Space Wolves’ home world, their hollow remains scattered into the darkest depths of the World Sea. Yet Ragnar Blackmane, the youngest Wolf Lord in his Chapter’s noble history, does not feel victorious. He is uneasy. Uncertain of his purpose and place in the great war for the Imperium.

Until a vision strikes him of a terrible beast, one greater than any he or his warriors have faced before. A monster that it is his destiny to confront. The young king throws himself into a quest to meet this fate, for no Space Wolf can turn from the call of his wyrd. Alongside a small band of Space Wolves, Ragnar Blackmane begins what is certain to be an odyssey for the ages, on which will hinge not only the fate of a single warrior, but of the entire galaxy.

Aww yiss

Haven`t read much of Annadale, so not sure what to expect. But looking forward to it. Wasn`t the biggest Curse of the Wulfen as well, but to me that had a lot to do with the whole Episodic Format. I am still here waiting and hoping that we somehow get a Sequel to Stormcaller in my Lifetime.

Haven`t read much of Annadale, so not sure what to expect. But looking forward to it. Wasn`t the biggest Curse of the Wulfen as well, but to me that had a lot to do with the whole Episodic Format. I am still here waiting and hoping that we somehow get a Sequel to Stormcaller in my Lifetime.

Stormcaller should be in an omnibus with Blood of Asaheim. Its weird how its not marketed as a sequel.

Annandale was always a horror expert I think. His Horus Heresy and Yarrick stuff were excellent

I think they would wait for the 3rd Book to collect them in an Omnibus, if it ever comes. Wraight has stated that he would like a 3rd Book eventually. But never could say when. Shame since the 2nd ends in a Cliffhanger in some regards. I know not everyone liked those books, but I enjoyed them. Some Models in the Greyhunter Squad I am working on are even inspired by Jarnhamar.

Will have a Look at that Horror Stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

It's available now, also on audio book/ audible

Listening now...

It's pretty great only like 20 minutes in.

Spoilers

Ragnar goes to the underverse and follows Russ's echo when he went into the underverse.

Ragnars wolves accompany him... Before they pass, but it means his doggos are alive in spirit form

Edited by Triszin

so I finished the audio drama.

spoilers and kinda a summary.

I liked it overall

Ragnar goes on a spirit walk in the underverse and follows an echo of russ, to determine what the vision he saw was.

Ragnar meets something in the underverse that is both a tempter and a helper.

it didnt seem to remember what it was. (99% its an underverse monster)

Ghaz and ragnar both had the same "vision" that ended with both of them going black.

Ghaz ordered the fleet not to fire on the single wolf ship.

Ghaz shared his vision with Mad doc, ghaz alluded to his demise, but not his demise.

mad doc got to work on something new for ghaz, at the same time ordered orks to kill the wolves if they find them to prevent it.

Ghaz spoke in High gothic (latin), that terrified a priest, and left him alive for ragnar to find, to tell ragnar exactly where he was.

Ghaz also spoke low gothic.

Tsons were aware of the prophecy and tried to stop it. people are inferring this as Tsons wanting to keep orks surpressed, but this felt like another reason. ( my guess, wolftime)

Ghaz fought Wulfen, ragnar, ragnar's wolves at the same time.

Ghaz cut the wulfen in half.

Ragnars dogs nipped at his feet, before ghaz had mega nobs appear and his wolves died killing a bunch of them.

ragnar and ghaz were both monologueing in this fight.

Ghaz repeatedly states, in the beginning middle and end of the drama that this is the start.

( basically this fight is a catalyst that evolves ghaz, and kicks off ghaz's beast waagh, and probably restarts the galactic waagh network thing )

they are both pummeling each other, ragnars armor is done, blood everywhere, pistons and cuts on ghaz.

Ghaz eggs ragnar on, ragnar jumps, ghaz catches him with his claw and as he crushes ragnar cuts off his arm.

Ragnar manages to get his one arm free and rams his frost sword through ghaz's broken armor into his neck.

Ghaz's last words were " This... This is how it starts" and "(died) smiling".

Ragnar "dies" next to ghaz.

-----------------------------------

then the audio drama ended.

from here in the PA we know Maddoc after this fight found ghaz and recovered him and re-stiched him together.

honestly getting your head cut off as an ork isnt that bad.

Ragnar is rescued by another space wolf force

ragnars doggos got a good treatment in the book.

They "spirit walked" with ragnar in the beginning ( I am assuming this was warpy magicka, where they had already died, but are still helping ragnar), timeline warpy

Edited by Triszin