Snake bitez clan

WickedJester1013

I know they are not the best clan as this moment, but they are my favorite lore wise. Any tips on starting ork army of this clan? I know the PA book will also come out this month but for the mean time any advice with snake bitez or orks in general would be great. I’m also looking for something that is fun to play over hyper competitive.

Oh also I do plan on having a small evil Sunz support detachment

Well, I haven’t painted much of my Snakebite army yet but there’s a lot of it made:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336550-waaargh-grimsnaga-warboss-on-super-cyboar/

For inspiration there are old fluff images of Snakesbites (all the clans and more, in fact) here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/360436-old-ork-fluff-and-images-for-inspiration/

I can’t comment on what’s good for an army gaming wise, but Age of Sigmar savage orcs (bonesplitters as they are now) are a great base for making more primitive-looking Snakebites.

I look forward to seeing your work :)

I'm in the process of gathering the bits to do this myself. My plan is to use savage boyz and some Lizardmen dinos with Lizardmen/Ogre cannons mounted on them for my various vehicles. I'm also in the market for some small rubber snakes or dragons I can mold onto boyz and paint up with fire coming out of their mouths to stand in for burna boyz, and some little ptaradactals to mount on their shoulders for storm boyz. No luck as of yet though.

Does the pain boy work on grots? Still learning orks. I am doing a mix of Gretchin, squigs, and the goblin archers for my grot squads.

I think the issue with snake bites is the lore doesn’t match the rules very well. Big flavor of the snake bites are the fact that they have the best grots and a crazy selection of orky animals. The best breeders. Where you see none of those or orky animals on the table and the only enhanced grots you get is a warlord trait to auto pass moral lol

Edited by WickedJester1013

For stormboys my plan is to get some Tyranid gargoyle wings and GreenStuff a ‘batsquig’ onto the back of each boy, a semi-parasitic beastie latched onto their spines.

For bigger beasties, as has been suggested, take some AoS monsters and turn them into counts-as-vehicles.

Brewgit is the guy with the cauldron on his back, Spiker is the "centaur" one. The one you're asking about is the Scaremonger, guy riding a walking mushroom is the Shroomancer, and the puppeteer one is the Boggleye.

Shroomancer and Boggleye would work fine, no questions asked, as Weirdboyz, given they are wizards themselves. Scaremonger... looks Weirdboy-ish enough to count, I guess? The Brewgit and Spiker are just weird Night Goblins with potions or poisons respectively, they don't really have that wizard-y look to count as a Weirdboy to me.

OH THAT GUY! yeah i remember him. damn near auto include if i can figure what to do with him. And yeah i understand what you guys are saying about the assorted goblin dudes. Honestly i already have the savage ork shaman so really can only use two more weirdboys and im sure i can find a fun use for the rest!

Biggest challenge is both learning orks as an army so i understand how to build my force, but also to look at a cool monster and say yeah that fits....blank....lol. So many cool options just not sure where to fit them into a 40k ork army.