Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought

MadGreek

Are there / does any one have a data sheet / rules for the Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought? I know that you can put 2 Assault Cannons on the torso, but not sure about anything else, and cannot find anything on it. 

In 40k the rules are found in (soon to be OOP) Imperial Armour - Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes, with the most recent points for it being in one of the Chapter Approved books (or Battlescribe, which is up to date). The torso weapons available are the heavy flamer only.

In 30k - where you can have assault cannons as the torso weapons - the Leviathan rules are found in the Legions Astartes - Age of Darkness Army List and the rules for the Blood Angels legion (which permit you taking the assault cannons) are found in Book 8 - Malevolence (or Battlescribe, which is up to date...)

The rules are the same as for a regular legion leviathan, the only difference is that you may exchange the tit-mounted heavy flamers for iliastus pattern assault cannons for 15p each (30p for both).

The Iliastus ass.cannon has the same characteristics profile as a Kheres ass.cannon but 4 shots only (instead of 6) and with the Malfunction rule (if 3 or more ones are rolled to hit, then the weapon cannon be used for the rest of the game).

They are working on updated forgeworld rules, so it's possible it will be a valid option once those new books are finished.

Indeed, I presume we'll see 40k rules for FW units fully reflecting the model options.

Tbh it made the 30k game system a bit pointless for me, once you could get al the cool units in 40k.

They are working on updated forgeworld rules, so it's possible it will be a valid option once those new books are finished.

Indeed, I presume we'll see 40k rules for FW units fully reflecting the model options.

Tbh it made the 30k game system a bit pointless for me, once you could get al the cool units in 40k.

Yeah I get that. As only a 40K player, I'm on the fence about that. One on hand, I want to be able to use cool units like the flying Contemptor and Crimson Paladins. But I also think it's cool to have those as just 30K units to keep the systems different. 

As someone who plays in both systems, I certainly like the idea of being able to double dip with my purchases.

On the other hand nothing makes me roll my eyes more than the “great model! Too bad it doesn’t have 8th Ed rules!” Commentary that always comes up.

As one person in my 30k community put it....well, nvm it’s not appropriate, but essentially “you gotta play 30k to get the goods.”