Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planetfall Templar 2k (updated 5/19)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar

Been testing this for awhile. Its based on my old drop pod list that did well in tournament play. Pods contain the HQs, the sternguard, and the grav devs.

Latest List:

Spoiler

Original List:

Spoiler

Edited by Link2edition, 19 May 2020 - 05:36 PM.

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,918 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Give one of the assault marine sgts a combat shield. Also are the tacts Podding?

If not personally I’d do Intercessors instead and well I’s personally do Suppressors over Assault Marines.
  • Medjugorje likes this
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts

Give one of the assault marine sgts a combat shield. Also are the tacts Podding?

If not personally I’d do Intercessors instead and well I’s personally do Suppressors over Assault Marines.

Went with the missile guys because I was having trouble killing tanks, but I could swap one or two to intercessors.

I am interested to hear why you like supressors.

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,918 posts
There just all and all a good unit. 90 Points, 6 Autocannon Shots. Fairly mobile. Good vs Light to Medium Armor. Also unironically, they are really good at.....suppressing. Seriously.

Statwise you’d think they be heavy Infantry to Light/Medium Tank Hunters. But what they are best at is Suppressing Light to Medium Infantry. Best way to explain (assumng you move). 6 shots, 3 hit, 2 wound (or 2.5 wounds). 1.32 (2.66 Damage) Dead Marines and 2.66 (5.22 Damage) Dead Gaurdsman. Ever send your beefy Vangaurd or Company Veterans and die to Bolter Watch or charging Tau and every FW squad lights you up? Suppressors are hear to save the day.
Wish List:

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts
Well supressors cost more than assault marines, and intercessors more than my tacticals.

Where are you suggesting I get the points from?

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,918 posts
Drop Combi-Plasma on Devi Sgt is enough for upgrades to Suppressors over Assault Marines. Also I’d personally do a Jump Marshall w/ MasterSword&Judgement over Helbrect. Are tje Stern for the +1 Strat? W/ Suffer Not I personally prefer Company Vets over Vangaurd.
Wish List:

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts

Drop Combi-Plasma on Devi Sgt is enough for upgrades to Suppressors over Assault Marines. Also I’d personally do a Jump Marshall w/ MasterSword&Judgement over Helbrect. Are tje Stern for the +1 Strat? W/ Suffer Not I personally prefer Company Vets over Vangaurd.

Stern use the +1 strat

Haven't tried it with a jump marshal yet

Company Vets can't take jump packs

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts

same thoughts.

Went with the missile guys because I was having trouble killing tanks, but I could swap one or two to intercessors.

I am interested to hear why you like supressors.

But 6 shots str 7 with 2dmg is better then 1 shot Str 8 with 3,5 damage so far.

as I like your Ideas very much  - i cannot agree over Helbrecht. He is TOO important.

And as i like the Emperors champion. A lieutenant is so much better - especially in this list.

Edited by Medjugorje, 11 April 2020 - 06:23 PM.

• Link2edition likes this

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts
Worth a shot. Love my EC too much to leave him at home though.

Spoiler

Edited by Link2edition, 19 May 2020 - 05:55 PM.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts

I am not sure what unit should get the 5+++ and I am not sure about the troops. But the units which comes from deepstrike will hit very hard I think. 

And beside I love the EC (and know that you are loving this model too) a lieutenant would be far better in this list.

But like each list you play - I am very excited to see a battle report or at least some results

Edited by Medjugorje, 22 April 2020 - 09:04 PM.

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts

I am not sure what unit should get the 5+++ and I am not sure about the troops. But the units which comes from deepstrike will hit very hard I think. 

And beside I love the EC (and know that you are loving this model too) a lieutenant would be far better in this list.

But like each list you play - I am very excited to see a battle report or at least some results

5++ pretty much lives on the vanguard, I run them across the board generally.

I'll be sure to get a game in as soon as I can invite people over again

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts

as long as you dont face 3 thunderfire cannons or indirect fire weapons it must working

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts

Heres a new revision. Its pure theory hammer but I think it integrates a lot more of your suggestions.

Drop pods contain
1:Helbrect, EC, and Grav
2:Sternguard

Master of Sanctity babysits the vanguard and makes sure they hit like a truck.

Troop choices pretty much exist to be annoying and get things stuck in combat early with their infiltrate.

Main anti-tank is actually the las eliminators, with the supressors/grav helping out.

This list is really a mix of shooting and melee that I think out chapter excels at.

Spoiler

Edited by Link2edition, 19 May 2020 - 05:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users