Schoon's Titans & Terrain

schoon

That's stunning work schoon! I can't imagine the shadowsword in bright orange, but it look lovely. I look forward to seeing it painted up.

I love the terrain piece too and the various order markers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At long last, got my Knight "test mini" complete.

gallery_8852_16193_14548.jpeg

It's primed and has a basic zenithal shade done with white ink. For those who haven't tried this, white ink is finer than white paint and gives a finely graded finish.

Next step is to get my basic colors on to make sure the planned colors are going to work with one another (tan and red).

Nice to see you posting again.

I have a question about your Reaver head, which occurred to me when I saw the original on Facebook. How much do you have to modify the back carapace to accommodate the crown? I’d be a bit surprised if it fits without any modifications.

Dallo

Shouldn't the banner be planted atop the Knight's carapace-mounted missile launcher, so the heat and backblast from a firing missile won't burn or tear the banner?

That would make sense, BUT...

It's more visually appealing to me the way I assembled it, so I'm running with it. ;)

...and I'll check the head clearance the next time I'm at the hobby table.

For pretty much ever, I've been wanting to model Titan bays, and some of the folks on FB pointed me in the direction of Gundam CG Hangar (do a search if you're curious).

These 1:100 display stands are for Gundam models, but they would also work really well for Titanicus. Each one is 15cm square.

So, I put this plan together:

gallery_8852_16193_44110.png

This uses 5 of the displays and some other accessories (such as Titan-sized gantries).

...and since I never know when to leave well enough alone, the plan is also to light it with LEDs (mostly because I've always wanted to learn how to do that). Red lights illuminating upwards at the wall/floor junctions and perhaps some yellow high in the walls.

As the kits ship from the far east, initial progress on this is going to be glacial...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good mate. Will the Titan bay just be for a Diorama or for a board?

The Armiger weapons look like the scale really well. I have loads of them kicking about. As well as some spare Leviathan weapons which also work well on Armigers. Of for Reavers to be able to use Plasma weapons again :/

Ever since seeing the Betrayal at Calth: The Wreck of the Arutan scenario in the main rulebook (pp 70-71), I've always wanted to model the inside of a Titan transport.

So this will be that effort.

I'll do the internal Titan bays and deployment ramp first with no exterior. It will be usable as a terrain piece at this point. Then over time I'll figure out how to add an exterior to make it look more like a drop vessel

• 1 month later...

Got my "Planetary Empires" prints in and put the magnets in, one north and one south per side so they can be attached in any configuration.

gallery_8852_16193_9873.jpeg

gallery_8852_16193_33019.jpeg

They're 7.5cm, edge to edge, as I wanted something bigger than the GW version.

I'll add some relief and color to the tops this weekend...