Schoon's Titans & Terrain

schoon

• 4 weeks later...

Full credit to the folks at the Voids to Full YouTube Channel for the idea of a Titanicus Command Console to keep track of turn number, phase, and such.

With all the special rules that allow for turn interrupts, I get confused myself from time to time, so I simply beautified their idea a bit...

gallery_8852_16193_75918.png

All the recesses are for 3mm x 1mm magnets, and you can put any marker on them that you wish.

Have one printing at Shapeways now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's been a shamefully long time since I've made the time to do much hobbying.

While sneaking in 5 minutes of painting time doesn't always yield results (it takes me that long to set up), I can occasionally do some quick graphics work.

So I figured I'd do a logo for a Blackshield Legio. Keeping with the nautical theme of Tritonis, I present the logo for Legio Pistrix (Leviathan in Low Gothic).

Comments and suggestions welcome!

gallery_8852_16193_46192.png

Sure.

I knew I wanted a nautical theme, and brainstormed a bit - Scylla, Charybdis, Leviathan, and a couple other mythical beasts were my first thoughts.

Then off to an online Latin translator to see what they would equate to. I don't like long translations  - your Legio name should be fairly easy to say.

I recalled a graphic I once saw of octopus tentacles, that were vaguely like what I did above, but could not remember it for the life of me.

So I sketched a couple thoughts from memory with paper and pencil until I got one I liked.

Took a picture and imported into Inkscape to use as a guide. I wanted the tentacles to also look a little like waves.

Then I noticed that the void on the left looked a little like a head, tried adding an eye to it, and liked what I got.

I was able to accomplish it in tiny chunks of time between my regular daily routine.

I must confess, instead of a head with an eye, to me the left part looked like a pesky little sailing boat being tossed by the waves :biggrin.:

Good to know, actually, as I'm not quite satisfied with what I've got now.

Will have to fiddle with it and see what I get...

• 3 weeks later...

GrimDark make some awesome terrain! It is - IMHO leagues better and far more interestingly designed, than say Vanguard's equivalent.

I certainly agree with you - GrimDark has a knack for capturing the same feel as the existing sets, though his designs are entirely original.

One other critical factor is the dimensional compatibility with all the existing GW AT terrain. You can use one of his "1 wide x 1.5 tall" elements alongside the GW equivalent.

• 1 month later...

Got a wild hair about modifying a Reaver Titan head...

gallery_8852_16193_42611.jpeg

I've done the basic "cut and paste" but still need to do a little grey stuff work to smooth things out and make it pretty.

Hoping to get that done tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by schoon

My initial thought was to simply do a short "neck extension" to allow the wings to fit.

A chap on FB suggested bending them down a bit to allow them to fit under. I'll do some test fitting to see which one looks better...

• 2 weeks later...